Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M fan Dooom n Gloom

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, September 21, 2017, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

"We want to win. We do. Don't we? It's doesn't matter. Our running game is soft. Our passing game is suspect. Our blocking is iffy. Our pass rush is nonexistent. Our run stopping works about as well as a screen door on a submarine. Arkansas is taking the gloves off and they are going to stare deep into our souls....we are putty in their hands."
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

Texas Aggies forum been burning up all week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 21, 2017, 09:01:20 am
and its been an entertaining week  :)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Grag T

One guy over there said "Hogs may look like crap but we look like crap that someone stepped in." lol
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Redhogs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 21, 2017, 08:50:47 am
"We want to win. We do. Don't we? It's doesn't matter. Our running game is soft. Our passing game is suspect. Our blocking is iffy. Our pass rush is nonexistent. Our run stopping works about as well as a screen door on a submarine. Arkansas is taking the gloves off and they are going to stare deep into our souls....we are putty in their hands."
But...but..it's only AR. fans that freak out when we lose, we are the worst fans ever, I know this because some on HV post this constantly...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Gonzo

So the Aggies have a HV too? But can they infight as well as we do?

Go Hogs!

Pigsknuckles

Sounds like we got them right where they want us. Briar patch anyone?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Gonzo on September 21, 2017, 09:09:16 am
So the Aggies have a HV too? But can they infight as well as we do?

Go Hogs!
nooooo. Huh uh, no way. Who has family like infighting more than us?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BallHog1

Nice that it's so calm and reasonable here even during trying times.

CFB_Fanatic

If Sumlin knows his arse from a hole in the ground regarding football he will LOAD the box with 9 guys every down and make us throw the ball, which we cant do.

TCU laid the blueprint for every team we will face all year: Stop the run and you will stop Arkansas.

Until we get a line that can protect and some receivers that can separate and catch the ball, Arkansas isnt a threat to anyone we play.

It will be close until the 2nd half when our defense wears down and gives up the big plays

Aggies 34-14

CPO Hog

I work for an Ag. He's pulling for the HOGS this weekend.

He wants Sumlin gone, or the U pushed up in a pile and burned.

GuvHog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 21, 2017, 09:51:57 am
If Sumlin knows his arse from a hole in the ground regarding football he will LOAD the box with 9 guys every down and make us throw the ball, which we cant do.

TCU laid the blueprint for every team we will face all year: Stop the run and you will stop Arkansas.

Until we get a line that can protect and some receivers that can separate and catch the ball, Arkansas isnt a threat to anyone we play.

It will be close until the 2nd half when our defense wears down and gives up the big plays

Aggies 34-14

Well at least you got the receiver part right, I'll give you credit for that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Next1_04

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 21, 2017, 09:51:57 am

Aggies 34-14

Hello Miss Cleo

DoctorSusscrofa

Man! When one of these coaches wins their team's fans are going to be sooo disappointed.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Next1_04

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 21, 2017, 10:09:18 am
Man! When one of these coaches wins their team's fans are going to be sooo disappointed.

Spot on.

"Win means nothing"

"Well when we play a non dumpster fire"

"We got lucky"

"Fire Bert"

I can already see them coming if we win this weekend.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on September 21, 2017, 09:08:51 am
But...but..it's only AR. fans that freak out when we lose, we are the worst fans ever, I know this because some on HV post this constantly...

Seems like you only show up when we lose.

cityhog

I still think we find a way to lose this game either in a)humiliating fashion or b)heart-breaking fashion.

Lots of talk about 'chips on shoulders' coming into this season. I've yet to see it.

BallHog1

Quote from: Redhogs on September 21, 2017, 09:08:51 am
Tissue??

Boardon Hamsay

Sounds like the intrepid spirit across both fan bases is at an all time high in terms of willingness to debate reasons why their team should lose. I suspect there will be a small amount of Hog support coming from the A&M side and vice versa in Arlington this weekend.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

DeltaBoy

It is the U Haul Bowl for both Coaches.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 21, 2017, 08:50:47 am

The problem for both sides is there is a football game scheduled to be played this Saturday.

If they wanted to please the crowd in Jerryworld I suggest they cancel the game and put Bielema and Sumlin into inflatable sumo wrestler suits and settle this matter the way two coaches ranked in the top 5 of Coaches Hot Seat Rankings ought to do business.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 21, 2017, 12:03:32 pm

Wondered how long it would take for this to be mentioned.  I'm not sure that the winner is guaranteed to keep his coaching gig past this season.  A&M could win vs Arkansas and lose later in the season elsewhere and Sumlin could still get fired. 

The administration at A&M seems to me like the type to put up with less for a shorter period of time.

hobhog

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on September 21, 2017, 12:39:44 pm
Wondered how long it would take for this to be mentioned.  I'm not sure that the winner is guaranteed to keep his coaching gig past this season.  A&M could win vs Arkansas and lose later in the season elsewhere and Sumlin could still get fired. 

The administration at A&M seems to me like the type to put up with less for a shorter period of time.

Apples to oranges.....

BigBrandonAllenFan

If A&m loses to Arkansas Sumlin is probably done.  Beilema can lose and will remain at Arkansas in 2018.  Expect Sumlin to pull out every stick in his bag.  This is going to be as tough of a game to win for Arkansas as any game ever.

Grag T

This might be the first year ever that there haven't been any aggies on hogville slinging mud and trolling... that alone tells you they are demoralized.

Oh well, I'm sure oxbaker will make up for it come Auburn week  ;D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Kevin

I bet a lot of a&m fans hope we deliver the knockout blow on the sumlin era
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkSoda

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on September 21, 2017, 12:39:44 pm

winning doesn't guarantee a job, but losing will get someone fired.  should be the battle of the weak.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

phadedhawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 21, 2017, 03:56:38 pm
winning doesn't guarantee a job, but losing will get someone fired.  should be the battle of the weak.

"weak"  *snicker*

phadedhawg

I think we should challenge Aggville to a doom and despair showdown.  I know we can win this one folks...rally the troops...let's show 'em who's worse!!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 21, 2017, 03:59:58 pm
I think we should challenge Aggville to a doom and despair showdown.  I know we can win this one folks...rally the troops...let's show 'em who's worse!!!!

well I did predict a score of 16-13 with neither offense scoring a point.

I figure we get 2 pick sixes and a safety while they get a sack fumble scoop n score and 2 field goals.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NoogaHog

It's the Prozac Bowl! We are more depressed as a fan base! No, we are! No you are not, we are!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

phadedhawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 21, 2017, 04:07:14 pm
well I did predict a score of 16-13 with neither offense scoring a point.

I figure we get 2 pick sixes and a safety while they get a sack fumble scoop n score and 2 field goals.

hahahahahahhaa

micali

Michael from Stuttgart picked is to win so there's that.

buldozer

Quote from: Grag T on September 21, 2017, 09:06:59 am
One guy over there said "Hogs may look like crap but we look like crap that someone stepped in." lol
This is exactly how I feel. Even with all the negativity and problems we have, I still feel like we have a 50/50 chance to win this game. Fingers crossed we prevail!

micali

It will be entertaining, to say the least, either on HV or Texags when one side loses this game. Holy cap the doom and gloom will be at an all time high. I'll just sit back with my popcorn and enjoy.  Please don't get me wrong this has nothing to do with my fandom and everything to do with how the crazy is just entertaining. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 21, 2017, 10:09:18 am

Thank's for the laugh..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 21, 2017, 04:20:11 pm
It's the Prozac Bowl! We are more depressed as a fan base! No, we are! No you are not, we are!

One of the 6 signs of the Aporkolypse is :" Texas' shall hoisteth the Arkansas coach off of the field to salute a victory". Most of us read this prophesy as a major personal foul retaliation due to us rolling up a last second touchdown pass in a 70 to zip shutout over UT in Austin, or for one of our hot young coaches to go to :hornsdown: U; but maybe, just maybe it was a legitimate gesture of gratitude from the student section of aTm... Sometimes the prophesies aren't exact on which one of Texas' teams it is referring to...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hawgphat

Sadly, I don't expect to be surprised in the least come Saturday.  I'm hyped out.  I'll most certainly root for the Hogs; - - - - - - but I no longer believe that they will pull a "Phoenix" maneuver and rise from the ashes.  They've made ashes of themselves, - - - and the fire has burned out.

Redhogs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 21, 2017, 10:23:28 am
Seems like you only show up when we lose.
Wrong again genius.. I have 6500 posts and several years here, guess they were all made after a loss. :-\ :-\

phadedhawg

Quote from: Redhogs on September 21, 2017, 05:06:27 pm
Wrong again genius.. I have 6500 posts and several years here, guess they were all made after a loss. :-\ :-\

Well we've had plenty of loses so....

LOL

Redhogs

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Kevin on September 21, 2017, 03:32:12 pm
I bet a lot of a&m fans hope we deliver the knockout blow on the sumlin era
Probably some Hog fans feeling the same way about Bielema but he's not quite there yet.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Rayzback

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 21, 2017, 03:59:58 pm

Gloooom, despair, and agony on me.

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Redhogs on September 21, 2017, 05:06:27 pm

You had posted 3 times after week one. Over two hundred after the loss in week two. You disappeared after signing day only posting a handful of times.

So yeah you only post when we are down.

CFB_Fanatic

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: micali on September 21, 2017, 04:41:14 pm
It will be entertaining, to say the least, either on HV or Texags when one side loses this game. Holy cap the doom and gloom will be at an all time high. I'll just sit back with my popcorn and enjoy.  Please don't get me wrong this has nothing to do with my fandom and everything to do with how the crazy is just entertaining.

100% agree. Cant wait for the message board fodder during/after the game on both sides, here and elsewhere.

It will be like watching 2 fat girls fight.....nobody wants to see it but nobody wants to look away, either

DeltaBoy

Quickdraw

NoogaHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 21, 2017, 12:03:32 pm

Let Bazzell design a trophy for this crapfest! An outline of a truck made out of bubble wrap and cardboard.

And let the crowd start cheering in the 4th quarter "GO START THE TRUCK! GO START THE TRUCK!"
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Paul

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 21, 2017, 12:35:50 pm
The problem for both sides is there is a football game scheduled to be played this Saturday.

If they wanted to please the crowd in Jerryworld I suggest they cancel the game and put Bielema and Sumlin into inflatable sumo wrestler suits and settle this matter the way two coaches ranked in the top 5 of Coaches Hot Seat Rankings ought to do business.
Our coach don't need no suit