Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smart Fulmer Piston Cup

Started by jbcarol, February 21, 2024, 11:38:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Report: Details finally revealed on Clemson defensive lineman DeMonte Capehart's arrest
by:
Matt Connolly

QuoteAccording to Jon Blau of the Post and Courier, Capehart was pulled over for spinning his tires and accelerating at a high rate of speed in a 25 miles per hour zone, per a police report Blau obtained.

After being pulled over, police noticed that Capehart had a loaded magazine in his glovebox, according to Blau. He then told police that he had a firearm in the trunk of his car that belonged to his "homeboy."

Police found a Highpoint 9-milimeter rifle in the trunk of Capehart's car, per Blau. In the backseat, police found ammunition and "several" empty beer and liquor containers, Blau reports.

DeMonte Capehart was arrested for unlawful possession of a weapon on campus.

The university has since released a statement:

"We have been aware of the facts of the case from the start, and he is not presently participating in team activities while awaiting completion of all legal and university processes."

DeMonte Capehart is heading into his senior season and has played his whole career at Clemson to this point. He has 32 career tackles across 34 career games, including 9.0 tackles for loss.

At the end of last season, head coach Dabo Swinney was asked if Clemson could still be in the market for a defensive lineman, specifically in the NCAA transfer portal. He was quick to shoot down the idea, citing multiple different reasons.

One reason — there is not currently anybody out there they view as an upgrade
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

LSU RB Trey Holly releases statement

Charged with attempted murder

by:
Chandler Vessels

QuoteLSU running back Trey Holly is speaking out after he was charged with attempted second-degree murder this past week. Holly turned himself in at the Union Parish Sheriff's Office on Thursday and faced two more charges of aggravated criminal damage to property and illegal use of a weapon.

The Tigers running back, who just finished his true freshman season in Baton Rouge, took to Twitter on Saturday evening to address the situation. He claimed to be "100% innocent" and that he was "falsely" identified as a suspect.

"As you guys know I was recently arrested on 3 felony charges," Holly wrote in his statement. "I have been falsely identified, accused and arrested. I am 100% innocent and the people who know me know this is not in my character at all. I was not involved in the incident at all. I was at home, which is where the incident took place. I turned myself in because I was notified of an arrest warrant and I wanted to fully cooperate.

"Due to this being an ongoing investigation, I cannot give many details. To my fans, I'm sorry for all the confusion but you guys know this is not me at all. I will come back better than ever and I look forward to proving my innocence. To the REAL ONES thank you guys for standing beside me through this tough time. I got this and my story will be told one day and it will be LEGENDARY."

As of right now, there is little information out about the incident that occurred. Police explained that a shooting occurred at a Union Parish apartment complex on Friday, Feb. 9, leaving two people injured. One woman was shot three times and left in critical condition, while another man was shot once.

According to On3's Pete Nakos, two others have been arrested in connection with the shooting. One was 18 years old and the other was 17. The 18-year-old is facing attempted first-degree murder charges.

Holly is a freshman running back for the Tigers. He played in three games during his first season in Baton Rouge

LSU indefinitely suspends RB Trey Holly following felony arrest in hometown in Union Parish

"We are aware that a student-athlete has been arrested in relation to a shooting in Union Parish," LSU said. "This student-athlete has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities, in accordance with departmental policies. Out of respect for the judicial process, we will have no further comment."

Holly turned himself into police and was booked into jail on Thursday afternoon. He was charged with three felony counts: attempted second-degree murder, aggravated criminal damage to property and illegal use of a weapon.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Spring Break Cupdate: Young Ole Miss pass catcher runs afoul of the law

Tyler Komis

QuoteOle Miss freshman wide receiver Noreel White ran into some trouble and was booked over the spring break weekend. The 18-year-old pass catcher was taken into police custody early Sunday morning by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office and was hit with two different charges.

According to Mississippi.arrests.org, White was charged with "simple possession of marijuana" and "reckless driving". Both holding a bond of $1,000 each.

The arresting information website has batches up and lists all of their bookings at midnight for whatever day (or day after) the incident occurred. In White's case, Sunday (Mar. 10) at 12 a.m. CT, was the listed timeframe.

Nothing good happens after midnight.

jbcarol

Former T&M, Arizona coach Kevin Sumlin receives probation in Florida DUI case

by:
Kaiden Smith

QuotePenalties have been handed down to current Maryland co-offensive coordinator and associate head coach Kevin Sumlin following his DUI arrest last October according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Sumlin has pleaded no contest to a reduced charge stemming from his October arrest in Hillsborough County, Florida last fall. Receiving one year of probation on the lesser misdemeanor charge of reckless driving with alcohol as a significant factor along with a $500 fine and enrollment in an adult DUI school, per the Times and Hillsborough County court records.

His arrest took place during Maryland's bye week last season, arrested around 1 a.m. ET on U.S. Highway 301 in Tampa, Florida. There was no crash or damage to property, but according to the Times report, Sumlin was in a gray Nissan sedan that was parked illegally at the RaceTrac. He refused a breathalyzer test and reportedly had "unsteady" balance yet "multiple signs of impairments."

jbcarol

Adam Rittenberg
@ESPNRittenberg
Texas A&M coach Mike Elko has issued a statement on the situation involving Blaise Taylor, who was arrested on a double murder charge Thursday. Taylor had joined Texas A&M's staff as an analyst earlier this month. His father Trooper Taylor is a Texas A&M assistant coach.

jbcarol

New Michigan DL coach Greg Scruggs arrested for operating vehicle while intoxicated

by:
Matt Connolly

QuoteMichigan defensive line coach Greg Scruggs was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated early Saturday morning, according to On3's The Wolverine.

The Detroit News' Angelique Chengelis was the first to report the news.

"I can confirm he was arrested for OWI by our department just before 3 a.m.," Chris Page, strategic communications manager for the Ann Arbor Police Department, sent in a text to The Detroit News Saturday.

jbcarol

Georgia running back Trevor Etienne arrested, charged with DUI
The Florida transfer is in the middle of his first spring with the Bulldogs

Jordan Hill

QuoteGeorgia running back Trevor Etienne was arrested early Sunday morning by Athens-Clarke County police on four misdemeanor charges, including driving under the influence of alcohol. According to the Athens-Clarke County jail log, Etienne was booked at 4:35 a.m. on Sunday morning and released at 5:27 a.m.

Etienne was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving, failure to maintain lane/improper driving on road, and affixing materials that reduce the visibility of windows/windshield. Etienne's bond was posted with a total bond amount of $1,883.

The 5-foot-9, 205-pound Etienne joined the Bulldogs this offseason after spending his first two seasons at Florida.

jbcarol

Chip Towers AJC
@ctowersajc
Kirby Smart: Fast cars and college football players a growing issue

QuoteATHENS — Georgia running back Trevor Etienne was driving a $140,000 Audi RS7 when he was pulled over at 1:50 a.m. Sunday for driving more than 80 mph on a two-lane road after a night of alleged drinking in downtown Athens.

The Audi RS7 is described as by Car and Driver magazine as a midsize high-performance sedan with a hatchback-style trunk that is powered by a turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine and can accelerate from 0-to-60 mph in 3.3 seconds. It retails between $131,000-$151,000 depending on options.

jbcarol

FOIA Report: Tennessee DE Chandavian Bradley charged with reckless driving

by:
Andrew Graham

QuoteTennessee defensive end Chandavian Bradley was recently charged with reckless driving, according to a police report obtained by the Knoxville News Sentinel. Bradley is the fourth Tennessee football player hit with citations for dangerous or illegal behaviors behind the wheel in a matter of months.

Bradley was cited for reckless driving shortly before midnight on March 23 after being pulled over in his 2020 Dodge Charger, according to police reports obtained by the News Sentinel. University of Tennessee police issued the citation, pulling Bradley over by an iconic campus site, The Rock.

Other information about Bradley's citation was not included in the police report.

"We are aware of the citation, and this matter is being handled internally," Tennessee said in a statement to the News Sentinel.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on February 21, 2024, 11:49:18 amLSU RB Trey Holly releases statement

Charged with attempted murder

by:
Chandler Vessels

Report: Grand Jury rejects attempted murder charge against LSU running back Trey Holly

by:
Grant Grubbs

QuoteOn Friday, a Union Parish Grand Jury rejected the charge of attempted second-degree murder against Trey Holly, per WAFB Channel 9's Madison Remrey. The LSU running back was arrested on Feb. 15 in connection with a shooting in North Louisiana and charged with three felony counts.

While the jury rejected the attempted second-degree murder charge against Holly, it did bring a charge of illegal use of a weapon or dangerous instrumentality against the redshirt freshman. Holly will reportedly plead not guilty to the charge.

Holly was suspended from the team shortly after he was initially charged. He released a statement only two days after he was arrested

jbcarol

T'Vondre Sweat, NFL Draft prospect and former Texas DL, arrested for DWI

by: Nick Geddes

QuoteFormer Texas defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat was arrested in Austin on Sunday and charged with driving while intoxicated.

Sweat, 22, was booked into Travis County Jail at 2:12 p.m., per KXAN. Driving while intoxicated is ruled as a Class B misdemeanor.

This story is developing...

jbcarol

University of Alabama football player faces lawsuit in alleged Tuscaloosa hit-and-run crash

By Carol Robinson |

QuoteUniversity of Alabama football player is facing a lawsuit following an alleged hit-and-run crash that injured another man in Tuscaloosa.

Reed Densely Harradine, his mother Dr. Kimberly Harradine and her dental practice, Complete Dental Care, have been named as defendants in the lawsuit filed in Jefferson County Circuit Court.

The suit was filed on behalf of Timothy Moore by Birmingham attorneys Gerald C. Brooks and Brandon Price-Crum of Serious Injury Law Group.

Reed Harradine is a sophomore place kicker for the Tide and a Mountain Brook native.

Harradine's mother did not return a call

According to the lawsuit, Reed Harradine was driving a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD on Oct. 1, 2023, when he tried to turn left from Jack Warner onto Hackberry then he failed to yield to Moore's green light and crashed into his driver's side door and rear quarter panel.

As a result of the collision, attorneys said, the airbags deployed in Moore's vehicle and caused it to spin out in the intersection.

Moore was taken by ambulance to a local medical facility.

"Mr. Harradine left the scene of the collision, even though Mr. Moore was visible and noticeably injured,'' the suit states.

University of Alabama police officers located the Sierra in a parking deck at Ridgecrest South Residential, a student housing complex.

"Despite making attempts to contact Mr. Harradine,'' the suit states, "Mr. Harradine refused to speak with the UAPD officers on the night of the subject collision."

Reed Harradine admitted he was driving the Sierra at the time of the crash. The truck was registered to Kimberly Carradine and the dental practice she runs in Birmingham –

Attorneys for Moore said he sustained serious injuries to his head, neck, back, shoulders and left side.

Moore's attorneys contend Reed Harradine was reckless yet negligent.

jbcarol

Dan Lanning finally addresses Daylen Austin arrest:

'I know Daylen's character'

by: Barkley Truax

QuoteOregon redshirt freshman defensive back Daylen Austin was arrested in the early hours of April 16 in connection with a fatal hit-and-run in Eugene.

After the Ducks' annual spring game on Saturday head coach Dan Lanning, whom Austin committed to out of high school, gave a brief statement regarding the tragic event that occurred last week.

"I have no updates right now," Lanning said, his first comments on the incident. "I know Daylen's character and I think there are a lot of details that will continue to play out. Beyond that, I'm not going to speak on it any more than that."

Eugene Police Department were "investigating a fatal hit-and-run at W. 4th and Polk that occurred on April 15 around 9:10 p.m." according to The Oregonian's James Crepea. The update from the police department continued, via Crepea, which confirmed Austin's involvement: "Daylen Amir Austin, age 19, has initially been charged with felony Hit and Run. This is a complex investigation and EPD is still gathering information to be submitted to the Lane County District Attorney's Office for a final charging decision."

Austin later appeared in front of a judge on a video call from jail, where he was arranged on April 17, according to local Fox affiliate KPTV. He did not enter a plea and is scheduled to appear in court once again on May 22.

KPTV interviewed a witness of the crash, Seth Lockard, whose house the crash happened in front of, who said that he heard a speeding car driving in circles for a 10-15 minute period.

"My wife heard a thump and that was real rough. She didn't put it together. She thought maybe he hit a tree or something, then I heard a bunch of sirens. Then I went outside and saw the scene," Lockard told the news outlet. "All of these police cars and police tape and stuff. It was just really sad and I was very angry. ... I've been talking to my wife a lot and just kind of checking in with each other because she saw what I saw. It's not something you see on your front porch every day."

Oregon DB Daylen Austin arrested Tuesday, charged with felony after fatal hit-and-ru
A promising football career will go on the back burner — and possibly be extinguished, depending on the charges Austin ultimately faces and might be convicted of —

jbcarol

Penn State defensive end Abdul Carter charged with misdemeanor assault

by: Chandler Vessels

QuotePenn State defensive end Abdul Carter has been charged with misdemeanor assault following a physical altercation with the tow truck driver.

WJAC stated that Carter's Dodge Challenger was parked outside the Aspen State College apartment complex without a permit just after midnight on March 16. When a driver arrived attempting to tow the vehicle, the alarm went off causing Carter to come outside.

Carter went back inside to get money to pay a drop free, but when he returned he questioned the driver about his authority to tow to make sure his car wasn't being stolen. The driver informed him that the company he worked for, Halfmoon, had a contract to enforce parking violations at the complex.

The driver asked Carter to provide a name and address for the vehicle to be released, but Carter refused. The driver then began to resume the process of towing the car when Carter used his forearm to block him from getting back in his truck and told him he was going to call 911.

The driver then grabbed a metal bar from the truck and told Carter to back away. Carter complied and the man got into the truck, but then witness video shows Carter grabbing on to the driver's waist and forcefully pulling him out of the car. He carried the driver out of the parking lot and into a grassy area and threw him on the ground.

Both men ran back to the truck before Carter grabbed the driver again and was "seen on video controlling the victim with one arm over the top of the victim's shoulder while his other hand is holding his sweatshirt," police wrote.

Carter eventually took the man to the ground again and held him down. Video showed that Carter eventually allowed the man to get back up but continually stopped his attempts to get back in the truck.

The driver went to the hospital for soreness the next day and an X-ray revealed he had non-displaced rib fracture.

It's unclear what, if any, punishment lies ahead for Carter.

Penn State declined to comment.

He's set to enter his third season with the Nittany Lions after earning first team All-Big Ten honors this past year.

jbcarol

Auburn commit and defender Jamonta Waller arrested in Mississippi on Friday

by: Matt Connolly

City: Picayune, Mississippi 39466
Height: 6'01"
Weight: 240 lbs

QuoteAuburn linebacker Jamonta Waller was arrested in Mississippi on Friday, records show.

Waller was charged with Malicious mischief involving property of another, per online records.

Jamonta Waller was ranked as a four-star recruit and the No. 136 overall player in the country.

However, according to WLOX, 21 Picayune Memorial High School students were arrested and charged with malicious mischief.

Pearl River County Sheriff David Allison told WLOX that the arrests occurred because of a "prank at the school that escalated." It has not been confirmed if Waller's arrest stems from that incident.