Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ruger up big

Started by OldPoop, August 26, 2011, 03:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldPoop

IronHog, I have a new appreciation for your insight.

From Stansberry & Assoc. 8-25-11

Gold and silver aren't the only assets people buy during a panic. They also buy guns. You may recall in mid-2009, firearms dealers all over the country were out of ammo... Any ammo they received sold immediately. Many popular pistols were on back order. People were scared.

Conditions have only deteriorated since then. We're seeing "flash mobs" across the U.S., riots in London, and political unrest around the globe... We thought we'd check in with our favorite gun stock – Sturm, Ruger (RGR).

Ruger is the fourth-largest gun manufacturer in the U.S. The company has zero debt. And it's growing earnings like crazy. What do you think has performed better in the past months... gold or Sturm, Ruger?

Ruger has outperformed gold over the past one-month, three-month, six-month, one-year, three-year, and five-year periods.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Silver Hog

Obama is a GREAT gun saleman!

aristotle

Quote from: swisshog on August 29, 2011, 10:25:43 am
Obama is a GREAT gun saleman!

And donator. Don't forget about Operation Fast & Furious.

OldPoop

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.