Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA v A State article on national website

Started by LRRandy, January 29, 2018, 09:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

Busta_Nutt

HeathWimp

We don't need to talk about playing A-State until we are fielding teams capable of beating them.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

ricepig

RME

Quote from: LRRandy on January 29, 2018, 09:55:24 am
This topic is gettin national play

http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/arkansas-razorbacks-arkansas-state-red-wolves-football-spring-game-sun-belt_heat

What topic? That blog (not news, but an opinion piece) is about a spring game between Arkansas and Arkansas State. I've never really heard that topic thrown around before.

Did you read the blog post?

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 29, 2018, 10:11:06 am
This is nothing more than a Sun Belt blog.

Yep. Here's what it says on his bio:

a relentless provider of content for College Football News and A-State Fan Rules.

Nothing about that makes it "national" news or opinion. But not surprised it would be started on a thread by LRRandy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LRRandy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 29, 2018, 10:14:28 am
What topic? That blog (not news, but an opinion piece) is about a spring game between Arkansas and Arkansas State. I've never really heard that topic thrown around before.

Did you read the blog post?
sheesh. The topic of Arkansas playing A state has had numerous threads down through time on this forum. While the article is discussing a spring game it is still a discussion about the two teams playing.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 29, 2018, 10:34:45 am
Yep. Here's what it says on his bio:

a relentless provider of content for College Football News and A-State Fan Rules.

Nothing about that makes it "national" news or opinion. But not surprised it would be started on a thread by LRRandy.
the link is to a national website. You are all awfully riled up about this. Scared it could happen maybe?
This is fun, isn't it.

RME

Quote from: LRRandy on January 29, 2018, 10:41:44 am
sheesh. The topic of Arkansas playing A state has had numerous threads down through time on this forum. While the article is discussing a spring game it is still a discussion about the two teams playing.

Yeah. In a meaningless spring game. Whupteedoo.

steveaustin69

Quote from: LRRandy on January 29, 2018, 10:43:38 am
the link is to a national website. You are all awfully riled up about this. Scared it could happen maybe?

Is Hawgs247 a national website?  By your logic it is.

Inhogswetrust

And what makes you think I am "riled" up about what it says. You post stupid junk on here all the time. That's what riles me up. If it happens it happens. I won't lose any sleep over it. It's sports......not life.

Quote from: LRRandy on January 29, 2018, 10:41:44 am

The thing is though it has more to do with what some random ASU fan wants. Thus it should be on a different forum then that is devoted mostly to them. Maybe Seminole will let you help moderate that forum.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RME

SB Nation is a "national website" wherein there are specific sub-sites and topics. Just like the one you posted.

Scared what could happen? A spring game between Arkansas and Arkansas State?! The horror!

Busta_Nutt

Technically any U.S. website is a "national" website. Is College Football News a credited national media source? No. You linked a blog post, dummy. It's not complicated.

roothawg

rljjr

A State fan opinion piece ... keep dreamin', wolfie.

HogimusMaximus

cityhog

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 29, 2018, 10:11:45 am
We don't need to talk about playing A-State until we are fielding teams capable of beating them.

this.

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

nchogg

Frankly I have never had any interest in A State. Born a Razorback fan and 62 years later still one. Wearing my Razorback blazer today with it a little cool in Florida. Let us play them one time and maybe then A State would stop crying.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 29, 2018, 10:11:06 am
This is nothing more than a Sun Belt blog.
Ya, but it's on the internet, so it's like, worldwide. This could be huge!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Stu

Not scared that it should happen, but from the Hogs perspective, there isn't one compelling reason to play the game.  The Hogs have absolutely no incentive to play the game. They have absolutely nothing to gain by playing them.  I'm sure someday the Wally Halls, Rick Fires, and the A-State fans of the world will get their wish.  In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, (as one poster duly noted, it's just a game) but I'd druther not.  However, when Nebraska State plays Nebraska in football, then I'll gladly start supporting the Hogs playing A-State in football, too.

phadedhawg

We will just have to wait the boomer generation out when it comes to things like this.  The old money has dug in their heels on this and budging them from it would involve too much upset. 

I'm a Razorback fan for life, and I would love to play ASU in every sport, maybe not every year but often.  Even if we lost the game, we've had worse losses and survived. 

But the old money ain't getting younger and soon there will be a time when the AD doesn't run the program to please the dinosaurs. 

rzrbkman

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 29, 2018, 10:11:45 am

This is a college sports message board and the subject falls within the rules of the board. Maybe it's just you that does not need to talk about the subject.

Razorbackers

can you name me a non-national website?

RME

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 29, 2018, 12:23:22 pm
This is a college sports message board and the subject falls within the rules of the board. Maybe it's just you that does not need to talk about the subject.

So we need to talk about Arkansas and Arkansas State playing a spring game against each other?

GuvHog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 29, 2018, 12:13:06 pm
What a terrible opinion.

Not really. I can see the 2 Universities playing a football game against each other once a year. It would be in WMS with the 2 schools splitting the stadium and alternating home  and visitor designations. It would be called The Governor's Cup Classic and all proceeds would go toward the renovation and expansion of WMS. That rivalry would easily pack an 80,000 seat stadium. Once the expansion and renovation is complete and paid for, the teams would keep the money from the tickets they would sell with the stadium getting parking and concession money.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

steveaustin69

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 12:37:50 pm
Not really. I can see the 2 Universities playing a football game against each other once a year. It would be in WMS with the 2 schools splitting the stadium and alternating home  and visitor designations. It would be called The Governor's Cup Classic and all proceeds would go toward the renovation and expansion of WMS. That rivalry would easily pack an 80,000 seat stadium. Once the expansion and renovation is complete and paid for, the teams would keep the money from the tickets they would sell with the stadium getting parking and concession money.

What a terrible opinion.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HOGINTENNESSEE

I think Arkansas vs Arizona State would be a good P5 match up

hogsanity

So now the Hogs have to give up a home date at least every other year to help pay to upgrade a stadium so they can play in it once a year?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LRRandy

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 12:55:26 pm
So now the Hogs have to give up a home date at least every other year to help pay to upgrade a stadium so they can play in it once a year?
they signed a 10 year contract to give up a home date to help crootin.
This is fun, isn't it.

steveaustin69

Quote from: LRRandy on January 29, 2018, 12:58:12 pm
they signed a 10 year contract to give up a home date to help crootin.

playing arkansas state doesn't help recruiting in any way. if you're gonna troll at least be creative

King Kong

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 12:55:26 pm

They don't HAVE to do anything they don't want to. It was a suggestion.

Nice job of ignoring the fact that ASU would be giving up a home game too.

Busta_Nutt

This is LOL funny.

GuvHog

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 01:09:40 pm

Yes they would, that is what whore programs do.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 01:15:03 pm
What's so funny about it??

I was going to say "you're kidding" but I know you're not. 

(notOM)Rebel123

So....When losing only $1+ million to play in LR just isn't enough.....smdh.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 01:09:40 pm

...you seem to be ignoring the fact that both teams are sacrificing the money from a game.
That would be #Uncommon

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 29, 2018, 01:24:17 pm
^^^This....When losing only $1+ million to play in LR just isn't enough.....smdh.
What do you think they would have to charge for seating to pay for the 25,000 seat expansion with upgrades he is talking about? $1500 a ticket?

26.2Hog

Maybe state should play UCA or UAPB for a spring game in WMS?

pghawg1

What is strange the Years we are good we Never hear anything about them wanting to play us.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2018, 01:29:55 pm
What do you think they would have to charge for seating to pay for the 25,000 seat expansion with upgrades he is talking about? $1500 a ticket?

It would be more than just one game so they wouldn't need to charge anywhere near that much.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2018, 01:29:55 pm

Well let's see...what would increasing WMS nearly 50% cost?...$100,000,000, at least?
That might not be close.
Issue 20 year bonds at 3% with annual payments totaling over $6.5million?
80,000 seats...$83 per seat, per year for 20 games. Not factoring in concessions & parking for the game or stadium upkeep expenses for 20 years.

But no school is going to sacrifice the income from one game, much less foot the bill to renovate the State's stadium.

PermianPig

A-State trolling garbage....move along please, move along

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 29, 2018, 01:49:26 pm
It would be more than just one game so they wouldn't need to charge anywhere near that much.

So they are going to play more than once a year..........Now I get it. All conference games for both schools every year is against each other.