Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting??

Started by Erockster20, February 12, 2017, 07:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Erockster20

All I have heard about is the top classes MA has coming in. I actually went and checked and the class that is SIGNED...is 26th, 27th?  For dang sure not a top 10 class. Now the '18 class looks good. But those kids are only committed...not signed. And who knows if they can even qualify. So why in the world would we let a coach stick around for a top 30 signed class?

zebradynasty

Right because look all the top 10 classes we were signing before we hired Mike.

Hawg Red

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 12, 2017, 09:36:06 pm

Signed one right before hiring him...

hogwood

Top 20 according to ESPN. #18 last time I looked. The disparity is that 247 ranks Garland in the 120's while ESPN ranks him in the 50's. ESPN also rates Hall as a 4 star and 247 ranks him as a mid-level 3 star.

biglewhog77

Please let the guy do his job... If you could tell a top ten coach that's going to leave his  job and come to Arkansas I'll tell you to fire him tomorrow......

Hogs958

I asked this question before, and no one answered. people are acting like he has some magical recruiting class coming. It's ok...but people keep saying look at the big picture because of the recruits...I don't see it.

MountieDawg

Losing Hannah's and Kinglsey will have more impact than bringing in the Top 27 class next year... What would this teams record be without Hannah this year???  Not having a point guard coming in next year maybe the worst thing out of all of this...  Gafford fills a big need, but PG is a huge need and if you dont get a new one next year when will you have one????
SEC!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogwood on February 12, 2017, 11:05:06 pm
Top 20 according to ESPN. #18 last time I looked. The disparity is that 247 ranks Garland in the 120's while ESPN ranks him in the 50's. ESPN also rates Hall as a 4 star and 247 ranks him as a mid-level 3 star.

24/7 uses a composite. That means they are combining all 4 of the major recruiting services. But yeah lets use the one they are highest recruited on.

Pork Twain

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 12, 2017, 09:36:06 pm
There was one more signed the year before he arrived than he has ever signed.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawg Red

Anderson has a solid recruiting class signed for 2017, but I'd say it's generally more embraced by some Razorback fans because we were able to lock down the top 3 players in the state and less because all of those players were highly-rated on a national level. Gafford is a player and a legit high 4-star recruit. Garland is a nice recruit but generally ranked outside of the top 125 nationally. Hall is most lightly-rated of the 3 players and figures to be a developmental project.

Garland's ranks per service:

ESPN - 53rd
247Sports - 150
Rivals - 146
Scout - NR

It would appear that ESPN is the outlier here. Hopefully they are more accurate in their assessment.

The 2018 recruiting class is anchored by Reggie Perry and Ethan Henderson right now. Henderson is ranked as high as #45 by 247Sports but he's #80 and #81 for Rivals and Scout, respectively. From what those who have covered both have said, I could see Perry moving up into 5-star territory and Henderson falling back to more a of top 100-125 recruit. The two guards for that class are top 150 recruits. So, again, it's mostly one player that is great in each class. The others are mostly replaceable from a ranking standpoint.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 13, 2017, 08:33:36 am
24/7 uses a composite. That means they are combining all 4 of the major recruiting services. But yeah lets use the one they are highest recruited on.

247 also does their own independent ranking outside of the composite.

zebradynasty

If you think that Arkansas is the type of program that will consistently sign top 10 talent then...That's not to say we can't improve but past performance is a good predictor of future results. Until we actually turn the corner in winning you'll see a top ten class once per decade...maybe.

Mike needs to upgrade the teams athleticism. Got too many kids that are not skilled nor great athletes. At a minimum the kid has have one or the other! Be great if we could get some more Louisiana kids. Seems the Memphis pipeline has dried up. LSU has athletes most from instate yet the program isn't even up to Arkansas level.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 08:43:21 am
Anderson has a solid recruiting class signed for 2017, but I'd say it's generally more embraced by some Razorback fans because we were able to lock down the top 3 players in the state and less because all of those players were highly-rated on a national level. Gafford is a player and a legit high 4-star recruit. Garland is a nice recruit but generally ranked outside of the top 125 nationally. Hall is most lightly-rated of the 3 players and figures to be a developmental project.

Garland's ranks per service:

ESPN - 53rd
247Sports - 150
Rivals - 146
Scout - NR

It would appear that ESPN is the outlier here. Hopefully they are more accurate in their assessment.

The 2018 recruiting class is anchored by Reggie Perry and Ethan Henderson right now. Henderson is ranked as high as #45 by 247Sports but he's #80 and #81 for Rivals and Scout, respectively. From what those who have covered both have said, I could see Perry moving up into 5-star territory and Henderson falling back to more a of top 100-125 recruit. The two guards for that class are top 150 recruits. So, again, it's mostly one player that is great in each class. The others are mostly replaceable from a ranking standpoint.

It is interesting how ESPN could be so much different in doling out the higher rankings for Garland and Hall, yet they are pretty much the same on Gafford. And it's not like they haven't updated it lately. They actually just moved both Gafford and Garland up a few spots. I am just guessing but could it be that ESPN's scouts have just seen Garland and Hall play more and have thus been able to give them stronger reviews?

cardsNhogs

Quote from: biglewhog77 on February 12, 2017, 11:25:16 pm
Please let the guy do his job... If you could tell a top ten coach that's going to leave his  job and come to Arkansas I'll tell you to fire him tomorrow......
It has to be top 10 huh?