Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Stan get booed Saturday night?

Started by three, February 09, 2006, 09:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

othermac

February 10, 2006, 06:51:48 am #50 Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:54:59 am by othermac
i am hoping for a big ovation for the WHOLE group. if everyone were to get behind them and let them know we appreciate the fight they showed down in baton rouge. you just never know what kind of effect it will have on them. it could give them something that they have been needing, stan included. this team is really really close to being a tournament tough, maybe a rousing welcome back to show them their efforts are appreciated will give them that little extra they have been needing.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

An old hog fanatic

Just now read this thread and I realize most, if not all who participated will not see this post (nor care what I say if you do).  But I have to send this anyway.  I'm really proud of everyone of you and am so glad to see that Arkansas fans, no matter how frustrated and angry with the performance of our coach, still have the class and dignity to not embarrass or hurt them or the players by booing them.  Your posts are always fun to read and although there are times I really disagree with some of them I do enjoy this board.  I have spent most of my life in Arkansas and have always been part of the Hog Nation.  But I now live in a foriegn country (Georgia, where they all bark like a dog) and you guys are the only way I have of still feeling like I'm part of the greatest group in the World...being a humble Razorback fan.  Thanks again for the classy posts (well except for the few friendly graba-- comments poked in fun) I read this morning.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hawgballer

I hope not...but that is just me, I'd like our fans to have a little class.

SMITE IT!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: SEC Guy on February 10, 2006, 09:57:54 am
Quote from: three on February 09, 2006, 09:10:32 pm
There have been a few boos mixed in with the cheers when he's announced, but up to this point it has been mostly cheers.  I'm not the booing type, but it has become more and more acceptible to do so at games.  So, my question is, do you think HEATH gets booed? Just HEATH, not the players?

One of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. 
Easy there, SEC guy.  Three is one of the best posters on here.
Do you have a point?  Welcome, btw..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on February 10, 2006, 07:10:29 am
Just now read this thread and I realize most, if not all who participated will not see this post (nor care what I say if you do).  But I have to send this anyway.  I'm really proud of everyone of you and am so glad to see that Arkansas fans, no matter how frustrated and angry with the performance of our coach, still have the class and dignity to not embarrass or hurt them or the players by booing them.  Your posts are always fun to read and although there are times I really disagree with some of them I do enjoy this board.  I have spent most of my life in Arkansas and have always been part of the Hog Nation.  But I now live in a foriegn country (Georgia, where they all bark like a dog) and you guys are the only way I have of still feeling like I'm part of the greatest group in the World...being a humble Razorback fan.  Thanks again for the classy posts (well except for the few friendly graba-- comments poked in fun) I read this morning.

A BIG WELCOME, Bro!  I hope you always feel at home here.
Great post.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Cornhogio

Even after Nolan had made a complete ass of himself, I didn't boo him.  I didn't applaud him, but I didn't boo him either.  Like many of you, I think it's low rent.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Sanctified Swine

WE ARE GETTING BETTER EVERY YEAR!!!

WHAT THE CRAP IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU??!!

I JUST DON"T GET -- He is building the program back to repectability -- sure its slow, but its steady!

Fletch

I'll cheer for the team as usual because I want to win so bad. I reserve my reponses to the coaching for after the games.
I feel like $100

Fletch

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 10, 2006, 09:19:43 pm

I JUST DON"T GET -- He is building the program back to repectability -- sure its slow, but its steady!
What's wrong with me is that we are not beating anyone good. Not one team in the last 4 years. We have 0 quality wins, 0. We have not beaten a single team that we were not supposed to beat and that is frustrating. Getting better every year is fine and I hope it continues but it shouldn't take half a decade to build a top 25 basketball program.
I feel like $100

NATEHOGG216

I haven't read any post on this thread.  All I have to say is I sure hope not.  We are gonna have that sg here that can shoot lights out.  We need to impress him not scare him
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Quote from: Fletch on February 10, 2006, 09:34:27 pm
Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 10, 2006, 09:19:43 pm

What's wrong with me is that we are not beating anyone good. Not one team in the last 4 years. We have 0 quality wins, 0. We have not beaten a single team that we were not supposed to beat and that is frustrating. Getting better every year is fine and I hope it continues but it shouldn't take half a decade to build a top 25 basketball program.

The days of getting ridiculed for pointing out the obvious TRASH THAT OUR PROGRAM HAS BECOME are OVER.  We are FREE to voice our opinion, the FB team SUCKS (things are getting better), and the Basketball team has a head coach that MAKES US WANT TO PUNCH THE WALL.

Get OVER it, mr. "sanctified".  Your religious beliefs and sunshine pumping have gotten our teams NOWHERE.

three

You go, shavin', stand up for yourself!  The truth shall set you free!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

JustoHogFan

Why would you boo a razorback coach who is going out there to try and win, even if he sucks he still wants the razorbaks to win just like all the other hog fans.

February 10, 2006, 10:41:02 pm #64 Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:52:49 am by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 10, 2006, 10:38:17 pm
Why would you boo a razorback coach who is going out there to try and win, even if he sucks he still wants the razorbaks to win just like all the other hog fans.

We don't boo because of your logic here, we don't boo because it is classless.  The fact that "he wants them to win" MEANS NOTHING.
So I boo him now: BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
and another for The Nutt:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SUCK BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hogtheball

My three-yr-old son got a little confused when the guy next to us booed Heath at the last game.  "why is he booing the good guys'" he asked me?  "He's probably a Texan," I told my son... "Texans always boo the wrong team."
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Quote from: hogtheball on February 11, 2006, 01:36:04 am
My three-yr-old son got a little confused when the guy next to us booed Heath at the last game.  "why is he booing the good guys'" he asked me?  "He's probably a Texan," I told my son... "Texans always boo the wrong team."

That's great, hogtheball.  We gotta bring them up right.  GOOD JOB!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

JackTNHogfan

My question is do you boo Heath at the beginning of next season when he is still here and lost the majority of the remaining games this season with no NCAA bid?  I wore my Fire Nutt shirt to the Ole Miss game last season in Oxford and got a lot of response.  I would wear a shirt to state my opinion but not a crazy fanatic that yells and boo's the coach that is just not me at least not sober.

JackTNHogfan

To add to my last post do you boo him of his players quit on him again?

The Master Of All

The Master has no intention to cheer against Coach Heath.  There is a lot of basketball to be played, and this group of student-athletes could still have a run in them.
Without me, you people would just be confused.

Quote from: The Master Of All on February 11, 2006, 12:18:48 pm
The Master has no intention to cheer against Coach Heath.  There is a lot of basketball to be played, and this group of student-athletes could still have a run in them.
Jimmy doesn't like The Master.  He is stealing Jimmy's funny bit.  Jimmy wishes he would stop. Jimmy doesn't think The Master is very original.  Jimmy thinks he is probably a nice kid, though.

The Master Of All

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 11, 2006, 12:21:43 pm
Jimmy doesn't like The Master.  He is stealing Jimmy's funny bit.  Jimmy wishes he would stop. Jimmy doesn't think The Master is very original.  Jimmy thinks he is probably a nice kid, though.
These pretzels are making the Master thirsty.

hogtheball

The Master has a personality.  Having smited the Master in the past without recognizing this quality, Hogtheball sincerely apologizes.  In fact, the most humble Hogtheball would consider it a true honor to be smited by The Master of All.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Quote from: hogtheball on February 11, 2006, 12:39:18 pm
The Master has a personality.  Having smited the Master in the past without recognizing this quality, Hogtheball sincerely apologizes.  In fact, the most humble Hogtheball would consider it a true honor to be smited by The Master of All.
LOL

The Master Of All

Quote from: hogtheball on February 11, 2006, 12:39:18 pm
The Master has a feeling that others have smited him at different points in time as well.  Luckily, being the Master of All, he has little need for such things as karma.

Sanctified Swine

there is going to be a lot of crow eating. Stan will continue to improve the hogs every year. We will finish 21-10 this year...with an invite to the dance! We will be even better than that next year.

The turtle beat the rabbit in the end and the Hogs are slowly but steadily improving each year. I am not talking about non-conference softies either. We are moving up each year in the SEC, where it counts.

You guys can gripe all you want to if he doesn't continue to improve us....but whats not to like about getting better. I guess its human nature to find something to complain about, but can't we have fun cheering and supporting the improvement while at the same time push for us to get better.  If we stop improving, then I will be first in line to suuport coaching changes...but you don't can a coach who is moving us forward in the two most important catagores....conference wins and talent base!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Sanctified Swine

yes I'm serous   the bottom line totals of W's and L's in conference play don't lie...we are getting better not worse

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 11, 2006, 01:33:38 pm
yes I'm serous   the bottom line totals of W's and L's in conference play don't lie...we are getting better not worse

Until we can prove we can win on the road in the SEC I will not believe that we are improving.  Thanks for playing, though.

Bacon out...

Sanctified Swine

somehow people don't get it....More wins in conference play each year is a GOOD thing.

hogtheball

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 11, 2006, 01:36:37 pm
somehow people don't get it....More wins in conference play each year is a GOOD thing.

I've gotta agree with Swine here.  We are better this year than last, and certainly better last year than the year before.  The complaint with Heath is the speed at which we are getting better.  We all want to be further along than we are now, and we're frustrated as heck we're not.     

It's pretty hard to argue there's no improvement, though, slow though it may be.

whatsshakinbacon

Here are the conference totals for Heath:
2002-2003 4-12
2003-2004 4-12
2004-2005 6-10
2005-2006 ????

We could very well finish this year with 7 or 8 wins.

I'm sorry, but as a team matures from freshmen to seniors, 7 or 8 wins against a very poor conference this year is simply unacceptable.

He'd better get the 9th win.

Bacon out...

hogtheball

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 11, 2006, 02:15:45 pm
2002-2003 4-12
2003-2004 4-12
2004-2005 6-10
2005-2006 ????

I'm sorry, but as a team matures from freshmen to seniors, 7 or 8 wins against a very poor conference this year is simply unacceptable.

Bacon out...

I would agree that the SEC isn't great this year, but it's not a very poor conference.  It's one of the top three even in a bad year.   If the bottom four teams from every conference played in a losers tournament, I bet the SEC would win almost every year.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogtheball on February 11, 2006, 02:20:17 pm
2002-2003 4-12
2003-2004 4-12
2004-2005 6-10
2005-2006 ????

Bacon out...

I would agree that the SEC isn't great this year, but it's not a very poor conference.  It's one of the top three even in a bad year.   If the bottom four teams from every conference played in a losers tournament, I bet the SEC would win almost every year.

Agreed - Let me rephrase it....it is a poor conference relative to the strength it usually has.

Bacon out...

The_Bionic_Pig

Booing will send a message alright, a message in fan support  :puke:  aka Its a bad idea especially on television (even more recruits)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hoggystyle78

I will not boo Stan, he is trying as hard as he knows how to get this team over the hump and he has never disrespected the fan base or shifted responsibility for a loss to his players,(see HC in FB), I agree that Stan seems to be in over his head and he seems to be learning on the job so to speak, but to tell the truth, while I may want him gone if he doesn't make the NCAA tournament, I don't dislike him the way I do nutt. He doesn't come across to me as arrogant or egotistical, (again, see HC in FB), so I will wait until the season is a lost cause before I start screaming for Stan's head. Hopefully the guys will take care of business and we can go dancing. I really don't think Stan's job is in jeopardy anyway, with all the athletic dept problems going on, so I say GO HOGS, KICK AUBURN'S BUTT!, hopefully it will be the start of a winning streak.

mikeirwin

They are not going to boo Stan before the game. Arkansas fans do not show to boo the coach or the team. They just don't.
Darnell Robison got booed one time because of his give a crap approach to shooting free throws. That's the only time I remember it happening.

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on February 11, 2006, 02:30:33 pm
I will not boo Stan, he is trying as hard as he knows how to get this team over the hump and he has never disrespected the fan base or shifted responsibility for a loss to his players,(see HC in FB), I agree that Stan seems to be in over his head and he seems to be learning on the job so to speak, but to tell the truth, while I may want him gone if he doesn't make the NCAA tournament, I don't dislike him the way I do nutt. He doesn't come across to me as arrogant or egotistical, (again, see HC in FB), so I will wait until the season is a lost cause before I start screaming for Stan's head. Hopefully the guys will take care of business and we can go dancing. I really don't think Stan's job is in jeopardy anyway, with all the athletic dept problems going on, so I say GO HOGS, KICK AUBURN'S BUTT!, hopefully it will be the start of a winning streak.

I agree with this, hoggystyle.  Heath just does a few things that makes you scratch your head a little, not make you want to kick sweet old grandmas like things The Nutt has done.

But if Heath doesn't start correcting those things, and SOON, I might have to completely turn on him.  But I would never boo him at a game.

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 11, 2006, 03:02:25 pm
They are not going to boo Stan before the game. Arkansas fans do not show to boo the coach or the team. They just don't.
Darnell Robison got booed one time because of his give a crap approach to shooting free throws. That's the only time I remember it happening.

If you read up on this thread, Mike, you will see the vast majority of posters on here are against booing our own during games.  As far as some of us have been driven to the darkside, we still have class. 

Sanctified Swine

2002-2003 4-12
2003-2004 4-12
2004-2005 6-10
2005-2006 ????

Bacon out...

#1 - We only have one senior, we are loaded with sophs...so I can't figure out what the heck is meant by above quote.
#2 - poor conference?  are you kidding me?
#3 - we will make to 9 wins plus a tourney victory
#4 - If heath were a stock, you would be stupid to not hang on to him, because performance keeps going up.. YEAR 1 - 11th place  YEAR 2 12th   YEAR 3 - 8th  YEAR 4 - at least 6th

Come on guys stop hating -- start supporting!

Sanctified Swine

sorry I was an idiot - we don't have just one senior -- I was thinking impact seniors -- I believe other than replacing Modica, we will upgrade at every postition next year with Weems and McCurdy etc.  thats what I meant

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 11, 2006, 03:55:37 pm
2002-2003 4-12
2003-2004 4-12
2004-2005 6-10
2005-2006 ????

Bacon out...

#1 - We only have one senior, we are loaded with sophs...so I can't figure out what the heck is meant by above quote.
#4 - If heath were a stock, you would be stupid to not hang on to him, because performance keeps going up.. YEAR 1 - 11th place  YEAR 2 12th   YEAR 3 - 8th  YEAR 4 - at least 6th

#1 We are bad
#2 We can't win SEC games on the road
#3 Ronnie Brewer may count as a junior but will probably bolt next year
#4 how can going from 4 wins to 4 wins to 6 wins be labeled major improvement?  By 2017 we might win the conference again?  Is that acceptable?
#5 my point, though not articulated well, is that Heath's recruits are maturing, yet our winning percentage is not going up, and
#6 if you think the SEC is an exceptional conference this year you are crazy.

I don't hate Heath - but don't accept what he has done either.

Bacon out...

Sanctified Swine

throw Ervin in there as well -- guys we are going to continue to get better and better

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 11, 2006, 03:55:37 pm
2002-2003 4-12
2003-2004 4-12
2004-2005 6-10
2005-2006 ????

Bacon out...

#4 - If heath were a stock, you would be stupid to not hang on to him, because performance keeps going up.. YEAR 1 - 11th place  YEAR 2 12th   YEAR 3 - 8th  YEAR 4 - at least 6th

Retired Radio Host

Sanctified Swine

SEC is the third rated conference...our winning percentage is going up from four to six is better and from 6 to 9(this year) -- is also better. At that rate of improvement we will be at 13 next year. I'll take that. Based on that rate of improvement how do you get rid of him.

Listen if we go backwards -  I dump him -- but as long as performance increases, hang on and cheer!

ie....If he wins 9 this year, but only 8 next then you lose him...

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 11, 2006, 04:07:26 pm
SEC is the third rated conference...our winning percentage is going up from four to six is better and from 6 to 9(this year) -- is also better. At that rate of improvement we will be at 13 next year. I'll take that. Based on that rate of improvement how do you get rid of him.

Listen if we go backwards -  I dump him -- but as long as performance increases, hang on and cheer!

ie....If he wins 9 this year, but only 8 next then you lose him...

It will take 5-2 the rest of the way to win 9. 

I want to win very badly, but a realistic look does not give me the optimism you have.

I hope you are right.

Bacon out...

Sanctified Swine

AUburn = W
@Ole Miss = W I know its the road but we are far superior team
Alabama = W
@Tennesee = L
Florida = L
@Georgia = W 

we will also get a very favorable first round SEC tourney game because we will finish in thid which gets us a game against the SEC EAST 6 team..chalk up another!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 11, 2006, 04:16:39 pm
AUburn = W
@Ole Miss = W I know its the road but we are far superior team
Alabama = W
@Tennesee = L
Florida = L
@Georgia = W 

we will also get a very favorable first round SEC tourney game because we will finish in thid which gets us a game against the SEC EAST 6 team..chalk up another!

You forgot Mississippi State, between Tennessee and Georgia.

You believe we'll win the following three games and I think we will lose at least one of them:

Ole Miss @ Oxford
Alabama @ home
Georgia @ Athens

These three games will each be must wins, as they will for those three teams should they want to go dancing.

Bacon out...