Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis/Qualls combined 12 of 48(25%) from the field

Started by Rome26, January 12, 2014, 02:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome26

in SEC play. We really need these guys to step up their game ASAP or we will find ourselves in a 0-5 hole.

JonClaudeVanHam

Yep.

Luckily, Portis broke out of his funk in the 2nd half yesterday. Qualls is still MIA.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

3kgthog

Portis contributed in other ways with a huge block, rebounds, and several very smart tap outs to teammates so they could get rebounds. Qualls...didn't do much of anything.

Breems

Qualls' jumpshots aren't falling. When he's hitting them, defenders have to play him a little tighter which helps open up holes to the lane. Until he breaks out of his sophomore slump, he can be defended quite well as a one-dimensional player.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Portis and Qualls picked the worst time to go into a shooting slump together.

cardsNhogs

Qualls is not a shooter. I know non conference he was much improved from last year but I've never bought into all the Qualls hype from most on here. I like Qualls he is a great athlete but can't be the best player on a great team.

Big Nasty 34

The crazy thing is if we had just one of those guys playing normal, we'd be 2-0 right now.

checkraiser88

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on January 12, 2014, 06:09:32 pm
The crazy thing is if we had just one of those guys playing normal, we'd be 2-0 right now.

There ya go, that's a great way to look at it

Nipsey Mussle

What's easy for fans to over look is that not everything else will remain a constant in the mean time. It's unlikely Madden or Clarke will ever again play like they did yesterday.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 12, 2014, 06:20:01 pm
What's easy for fans to over look is that not everything else will remain a constant in the mean time. It's unlikely Madden or Clarke will ever again play like they did yesterday.

Madden hasn't peaked...he's shooting neatly 50% for the season from 3 point range. So his performance yesterday cannot be considered a anomaly.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bigred223

Big Nasty 34

I think you can expect 22-25 combined from Clarke and Harris combined. Need to have the same from Portis and Qualls every night

MCheisman

Madden looks real good, Portis and Qualls have tons of talent but play very timid. Its tough to watch this team get beat by teams with less talent.

Rome26

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 12, 2014, 06:20:01 pm

Both of those guys are very capable of scoring 16 pts and Madden is capable of scoring 23
shooting the three like he has. I don't expect it every game but the talent is there.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Rome26 on January 13, 2014, 08:49:38 am
Both of those guys are very capable of scoring 16 pts and Madden is capable of scoring 23
shooting the three like he has. I don't expect it every game but the talent is there.
I don't expect many 16 point, 14 reb games from Clarke. Those are beastly numbers to say the least.