Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgmasta

Should've put South Carolina in parenthesis and my grammar is a bit off. Doing this from my phone; had to go into work today :(. On freaking NFL opening Sunday no less!

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 08, 2013, 12:27:22 am
Wow rough day guys. I apologize to anyone that followed me!

It happens. I'm a long-term investor.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 08, 2013, 08:39:55 am
How did Oregon State do yesterday?

Lost to Eastern Washington 49-46.

Edit: My bad, that was last week, they won this week vs. Hawaii 33-14.
Go Hogs Go!

McKdaddy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 08, 2013, 08:41:44 am
Lost to Eastern Washington 49-46.

Edit: My bad, that was last week, they won this week vs. Hawaii 33-14.

I'm just jerking someone's chain by asking rhetorically.

Huckleberry Pig

Rough day yesterday, think I was 1-4.  On the phone so will update Monday when I'm on a comp.

Today:

Cowboys -3 -- 3*

DadVader1

Went 0-1 for -0.5 unit for the weekend, putting me at 4-1 for +1.5 on the season.  I'm trying to be patient and disciplined (and am doing better at that than in previous seasons), so it may still take me another couple of weeks before I get comfortable with the season and ramp back up to normal size plays.

McKdaddy

This isn't betting related (well, maybe it is since so many of us took the whorns yesterday, ha), but the Whorn Network was scheduled to show a replay of yesterday's BYU game from 8-11am today. There has instead been an audible to some Whorn volleyball. Good call.

McKdaddy

September 08, 2013, 09:35:36 am #3658 Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:09:00 am by McKdaddy
Panthers  +3.5
Packers  +5
Saints  -3

Major edit coming on this one....

SPAL

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Steelers -6.5 / 2 units
Chiefs -3 bought the hook / 3 units
Packers +4.5 / 3 units
Oakland +11.5 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 08, 2013, 09:35:36 am
Panthers  +3.5
49ers  +5
Saints  -3

Hey bud is that suppose to be 49ers -5?  Or did you find an amazing line somewhere?

I'm guessing typo.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 08, 2013, 10:04:16 am
Hey bud is that suppose to be 49ers -5?  Or did you find an amazing line somewhere?

I'm guessing typo.

I've got deep mafia connections.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 08, 2013, 09:35:36 am
Panthers  +3.5
49ers  -5
Saints  -3

Major edit coming on this one....

I shouldn't have typed 49ers at all, as I bet the Pack. My dislike for 49ers runs too deep to bet them. I'll post my betting slip if proof is needed.

McKdaddy

McKdaddy

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 08, 2013, 10:05:39 am
I've got deep mafia connections.

As does my future wife, maybe my picks will get better? :)
Go Hogs Go!

DadVader1

I decided to tail a few of Cowherd's picks, going small, so did 1/2 unit on each of these:

Tampa -3
Cincy +3
Cleveland ML -120

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 08, 2013, 10:02:52 am
Steelers -6.5 / 2 units
Chiefs -3 bought the hook / 3 units
Packers +4.5 / 3 units
Oakland +11.5 / 2 units

In my quest to tail, KC came @ -4.5 on my site.

Hooch

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 06, 2013, 08:09:16 am
I AM TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS SO THIS STANDS OUT!

GET ALL OVER OREGON ST BEFORE IT GOES TO -28 OR OVER.

I JUST GOT SOME INFO ON THIS GAME AND BET $350 AT -27.5 AND WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD IT WHEN THE LINE WAS ONLY -26 YESTERDAY.

EITHER WAY THEY WILL CRUSH HAWAII AND MIGHT HAVE THE SPREAD COVERED BY HALFTIME.

GOOD LUCK!

And Crickets...............

Hooch

went 1-2 yesterday 5-4 on year up 1.5 units. 

Going Dolphins +2.5 and Bears -2.5

Baseball Hog

WILL CLINTON

Damn parlays, seriously. They are what cost me yesterday.

I didn't learn my lesson though, because I got these 3 locked up in a parlay and individually:

Pats -10 (I also have Pats -11)
Chiefs -4
Buccs -4
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Break & Run

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 08, 2013, 11:14:31 am
Damn parlays, seriously. They are what cost me yesterday.

I didn't learn my lesson though, because I got these 3 locked up in a parlay and individually:

Pats -10 (I also have Pats -11)
Chiefs -4
Buccs -4

I'm interested in this parlay for sure.  The Chiefs intrigue me.  They had so many go to the pro bowl last year but went, what, 3-13?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

razorbacker231

I have
Pats -9.5
Bucs -4.5

*3 each

Must be a lot of people, or big money moving on bucs?  Line moved to -5.5.  I just placed mine an hr ago.

Sigh...this is where i get stupid.  I am considering doing another two on tampa...

And yes.  Parlays are tha devil!  that said, i took a small one with
pats
tampa
steelers
chefs.  all to cover.  still bought pats down to 9.5

hawgmasta

Bovada had the line on bucs still at -3 when I placed about 8:20 this morning.

So here it goes.

NFL

Pats -10.5 2*(until the patriots prove me otherwise, gotta trust them with the downtrodden bills. I hope gragg is in the game though.)
KC -4 1* (KC has a lot of talent they just haven't been utilized correctly. Reid will
Bring some new inspiration for these guys, and the jags just really suck)
Bucs -3 2*(chose their D in my fantasy leagues. Not just because of revis, that won't hurt though)
Seahawks -3.5 1*(it is a cross country game and panthers D has some players I just think the Seahawks are a complete team. Not totally elite but somebody solid at almost every position)
Redskins -3.5 2*(RGIII is a winner, not sure how much he can use it but his arm is just as dangerous.

Hawgndaaz

September 08, 2013, 12:23:23 pm #3676 Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:47:15 am by Hawgndaaz
Pats 2u Lost
Bengals 2u Push
Pack 1u Lost

-3 units for first NFL Sunday.

DamonBoost

Seattle -4 :  I trust in Wilson to get me a touchdown + win...

Miami +1.5 : I honestly meant to pick Cleveland in this one but had a few too many last night and picked the wrong team (a good reason to bet with no adult beverages), working out pretty decent so far....

New Orleans -3 : I thought they would be pretty amped up getting the coach back along with I didnt feel that great about Atlanta last year.  I have heard a few mention they would be lucky to win 8-9 games this year..

Cinci +3 : I feel they are one of the most underrated teams in the NFL.. I also tailed the blazing 5 with this pick...

NE -11 : No brainer

TB -5 : I dont think many have faith in NY at this point to score more than 14 points.  Actually does anyone think they can score 10?

KC -4.5 : As everyone else, I thought this was my best bet today.  I wish I had piled more Units on it... I did one unit on each game as I was a little nervous being it was the first week..

Wash -4.5 : I figure RG3 being back will have them super excited at home.  I take that over Chip's first game (especially with the eagles first game with a new coach)

Also I was 6-6 yesterday.  Being it was a wash I wont bother posting my pathetic day.  I will start posting in advance in the future..

McKdaddy

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 08, 2013, 01:28:26 pm
Seattle -4 :  I trust in Wilson to get me a touchdown + win...

Miami +1.5 : I honestly meant to pick Cleveland in this one but had a few too many last night and picked the wrong team (a good reason to bet with no adult beverages), working out pretty decent so far....We've all done that at one point, ha, appreciate your honesty

New Orleans -3 : I thought they would be pretty amped up getting the coach back along with I didnt feel that great about Atlanta last year.  I have heard a few mention they would be lucky to win 8-9 games this year..I feel like this is a put-up or shut-up year for ATL, but I agree w/ your thoughts on NO and Sean being back

Cinci +3 : I feel they are one of the most underrated teams in the NFL.. I also tailed the blazing 5 with this pick... Cincy is a contender in the AFC

NE -11 : No brainer

TB -5 : I dont think many have faith in NY at this point to score more than 14 points.  Actually does anyone think they can score 10? What a dumpster fire

KC -4.5 : As everyone else, I thought this was my best bet today.  I wish I had piled more Units on it... I did one unit on each game as I was a little nervous being it was the first week..Looking good so far

Wash -4.5 : I figure RG3 being back will have them super excited at home.  I take that over Chip's first game (especially with the eagles first game with a new coach)

Also I was 6-6 yesterday.  Being it was a wash I wont bother posting my pathetic day.  I will start posting in advance in the future..

widespreadsooie

DamonBoost

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 08, 2013, 01:40:45 pm

Another bonehead move I made last night, I completely meant to bet the under on Colts/Raiders and put it in my Bet Bud app instead of on my book.. ARGH!

SPAL

Somebody convince me why I shouldn't put everything I own on SF -4.5 at home?

DamonBoost

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 08, 2013, 01:54:50 pm
Somebody convince me why I shouldn't put everything I own on SF -4.5 at home?

I was looking at that one too. First game super bowl champ jitters had me a bit nervous but I put a unit on it.. We'll see

What are your thoughts?

BJOhog

I can't recall many days I've had as bad as yesterday

Black Saturday wow

Hoho back to some baseball
Stil can't believe some of those games wow

SPAL

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 08, 2013, 02:06:51 pm
I was looking at that one too. First game super bowl champ jitters had me a bit nervous but I put a unit on it.. We'll see

What are your thoughts?

I wanna lay heavy on SF. Packers have no line and no running game and SF has one if the leagues best defense. I may play a total....just not certain yet.

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 07, 2013, 09:27:00 am
This just proves to me that you are a "hater"....why would I bet straight up with you at even $ if I want the Titans to win outright when I can get +230 elsewhere?  The fact that you think the Steelers have a good Oline just proves that you have no clue about NFL.  I think next time you need to tee off on someone who doesn't know more about sports betting than you do.  Why don't you give me the Titans +7 for $1000 if you are so sure of your Steelers?  And no I don't live in Nashville, if you could read you would know I am in the Bryant area.

Well you would have won that 500.00.    Steelers looking like they won't score one offensive point today.
Let's make some waves.

Hooch

razorbacker231

I think people challenging bets to each other, online is comical.  As if anyone has any way to enforce paying up.  Or even knows where they are for the most part. 

On another note, i think i need to retire from betting NFL.  I completely suck at it.  Seems every year, i (typically) make money on saturday, and give most/all/ or all +some more, back on sunday.  Sigh...

DamonBoost

Just added Rams -3.5 based on AZ QB situation and the Rams playing at home..

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 08, 2013, 03:04:23 pm
Just added Rams -3.5 based on AZ QB situation and the Rams playing at home..

Took the other side

SPAL

September 08, 2013, 03:19:17 pm #3690 Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:51:20 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
3 unit play on SF -5.......................W
1 unit play on Rams/cards o42.......W

DadVader1

I went 0-2-1 for the day in the NFL and got a gentle reminder of why I quit making plays in NFL games. At least I stuck with 1/2 units so only lost 1 unit on the day.  I'm not mixing NFL in with my college stats.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this college season but am going to try to avoid NFL plays other than to occasionally tail a few of you guys. 

ur

Quote from: ur on September 06, 2013, 01:38:27 pm
I always get some good info from here so I will post some of my favs even though it usually puts the jinx on me when I mention them to anyone. I do play parlays and have been very successful. 3 team most of the time but will do a 6,8,12 also. Progressive parlays are a good way to start. Find you a good team(s) and use them in your parlays. Oregon and Baylor have been good to me in the past.
Favs in order of confidence.
Oregon- Always check the weather with these up tempo teams.
Baylor- Buffalo should melt in the texas heat.
okie state- osu not using the pass and running instead does concern me.
tOSU- Need to make a statement this week.
Auburn- Gus knows the weaknesses of the ASU players and should take advantage of it.
Texas- Altitude concerns me but they have the athletes.
Bowling Green-Beat Tulsa, Kent state barely beat Liberty.
Minn- Playing New Mexico State. Enough said.
OU- WVA will pull out all stops. poss trap game.
Cinn- Good offense. Poss take Over on this game also.
Wash state- USC is about to implode. Their offense is terrible.
LSU- I don't like betting on them but they should take care of business for a 12 team parlay.
Good luck to all
Winners: Oregon, Baylor, tOSU, Auburn, Bowling Green, Minn, Cinn(over), Wash State, LSU.
Losers: okie state, texass, ou, cincy.

okie state and texass killed some of my parlays.

DadVader1

Opening lines look interesting.  I'm a bit surprised that Bama opened as a 7.5 point favorite over A&M.  Auburn -7 at home against MS State and Louisville -10 at Kentucky look interesting too.

widespreadsooie

Rice -4, Tulsa +26.5, WKU/USA o51, LOU -11.5, UTSA/Zona o61

All these pop out early

DamonBoost

Where is a good place to go to look at opening lines?  My book never has them this early.. I'd like to view them..

widespreadsooie

WILL CLINTON

First stone-cold 5* lock of the year for me

Ball St -3 @ North Texas

I also like wisky getting 5.5 at Arizona St, and just noticed the o/u for the Bama v TAMU game is 63. Definitely liking the under in that one. Georgia Tech -8 is tempting, as is Maryland -7.5 v UConn

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

BJOhog

i did the math
yestrday won 4 lost 6 that puts me at 390 total on this thread holy crapoly
i am going 2 units of my 390 on huoston tomrow night at sandiego minus 2 and a half

razorjack12

TCU -4 over Texas Tech.   No way that line doesnt move toward TCU