Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DamonBoost

Wk 1
VA Tech +21 * : L
Ga -2 * : L
LSU -5 * : W
OK St -13 * : W
Miss -3 * : W
Penn St -8 * : L
UL Monroe +21.5 * : L
Boise St +3.5 * : L
6 team parlay * : L

3-7
Texas -7.5 *** : L
Redskins -4.5 * : L
Saints -3 * : W
NE -11* : L
Ok St -27.5 * : L
Ball St -9* : W
Duke -5* : W
Duke/Mem 54+** : L
5 team parlay* : L
Bucs -4.5* : L
Dolphins +1.5* : W
Sea -4*: W
Baylor -28*: W
OhSt/SDSt 57+**: L
Syracuse/NW 53+*: W
KC -4.5*: W
Mich -5.5*: W
Cinn +3*: T
SF -5*: W
St Louis -3.5*: L

12-9-1  15-16-1

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

Overall Record:  6-6
3*: 2-1
2*: 1-0
1*: 3-5

P/L: +3 units

College: 4-5
NFL: 2-1

UAstudent13

Switching books...

Can anyone comment/recommend between Bovada or 5dimes?

Huckleberry Pig

DadVader1

Monday Morning Quarterback / Re: OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »

Bama -17.5 v. VA Tech W
W. KY +5.5 v. KY W
OK St. -11.5 v. MS St. W
Ark -10 v. ULL W

Monday Morning Quarterback / Re: OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:30 AM »

Nothing is really jumping out at me this week, so I will probably stick with my original plan and not play much for another week or two.  I put 1/2 unit on Texas -7 at BYU.  L

« on: September 08, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »

Tampa -3 L
Cincy +3 Push
Cleveland ML -120 L

On the year:
College
4-1  +1.5 units
NFL
0-2-1 -1 unit

I've intentionally kept my picks small and few until I build up a bit more data and get a better feel for the season.  I did poorly early in the season last year and closed really strong once I got a decent pool of data to sift through and search.  I'm trying to be patient and avoid digging too deep of a hole early.

UAstudent13

This weekend:

Maryland -7
W. Kentucky -10
BC +14
V-Tech -7
Louisville -13.5

McHogLovin

Quote from: UAstudent13 on September 10, 2013, 09:43:30 am
Switching books...

Quote from: UAstudent13 on September 10, 2013, 09:43:30 am
Switching books...

5 Dimes.  Deposit thru Western Union.  They pay for the money order.  If you deposit with a credit card they want a copy of drivers license and credit card, a recent utility bill and the last 4 of your Social.  Deposit Western Union and they require nothing.  My funds are in my account within minutes.

Huckleberry Pig

September 10, 2013, 01:47:17 pm #3809 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:26:14 am by Huckleberry Pig
UA looks like we are on many of the same games.

Locking in:

Ball St. -3 -- 3*
Louisville -13 -- 3*
Maryland -7 -- 3*
Va Tech -7 -- 2*
BC +14 -- 1*
UCLA +4.5 -- 1*
Ole Miss +4.5 -- 1*

Going to wait to see if Tennessee gets an even larger spread and hope to take them at +28 or so.  I just think they are better than a 4TD dog.  Can see them losing by 3TDs but 4 for the talent on that team seems a little much for me.  Thoughts on that one?

DamonBoost

UA / Huckleberry, are you guys buying points on the Louisville line to get it to 13/13.5?  My book had it at 14.5..??

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 10, 2013, 01:54:31 pm
UA / Huckleberry, are you guys buying points on the Louisville line to get it to 13/13.5?  My book had it at 14.5..??

on 5dimes it is at 13

BJOhog

im looiongt at
lousiville
tenner
tamu
toledo

may just do two of thosenot sure yet
i think s mississip is the easiest of the three cupcakes but i try not to bet on the hogs

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 10, 2013, 02:37:46 pm
im looiongt at
lousiville
tenner
tamu
toledo

may just do two of thosenot sure yet
i think s mississip is the easiest of the three cupcakes but i try not to bet on the hogs

definitely looking at tamu.  the line is higher than I thought it would be and the home dog is getting no love.  also remember, this will be the first time for Saban's bama team to play at a&m - one of the best home field advantages in CFB.  That place will be rockin. 

Also everyone and their mom is on Bama, thinking of taking a&m myself

checkraiser88

Texas Tech +3
Louisville -13
Fresno State -9.5
Ole Miss +4.5

Thoughts?

Hooch

Summary:

College 5-4 up 1.5 units

NFL   4-1-1 up 3 units

overall 9-5-1  up 4.5 units

I need to quit betting college, I always do much better on NFL. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: checkraiser88 on September 10, 2013, 03:40:44 pm
Texas Tech +3
Louisville -13
Fresno State -9.5
Ole Miss +4.5

Thoughts?

I would be careful with OM. Texas destroyed them last season in Oxford. If Ash is playing, I would stay away. Plus, I could see a public fade on Texas this week after last which could make TX the more valuable side.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 10, 2013, 03:31:17 pm
definitely looking at tamu.  the line is higher than I thought it would be and the home dog is getting no love.  also remember, this will be the first time for Saban's bama team to play at a&m - one of the best home field advantages in CFB.  That place will be rockin. 

Also everyone and their mom is on Bama, thinking of taking a&m myself

anyone have a point total yet for the Bama/ATM game? mine doesn't show totals til later in the week.

Huckleberry Pig

Texas Tech +3
Louisville -13
Fresno State -9.5
Ole Miss +4.5

Thoughts?

don't know anything about tech but do like Ole Miss +4.5 - think that program is in worse shape than many thought.  don't think a new DC will help.  Players may have checked out a bit.

DamonBoost

Texas Tech +3
Louisville -13
Fresno State -9.5
Ole Miss +4.5

Thoughts?
I have been watching that Texas Tech line too with TCU without their starting QB..

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 10, 2013, 04:14:34 pm
anyone have a point total yet for the Bama/ATM game? mine doesn't show totals til later in the week.

62. Dangerous total. Great D vs. pretty bad D. Then you have two very capable offenses, one of which boasts the superior offensive athlete. Offensive minded Sumlin vs. defensive minded Saban. Gut says under due to Bama's D, but what if JF is the JF of last year? Couple that with an A&M D taking a drop off from last season, then I think you have your over. It's a crap shoot.

widespreadsooie

If Manziel plays up to snuff, over. If not, under.

OldCoot

Down last week but still in the black.

Looking at

Louis -13.5 
WKU -9.5 
Duke +8 
Tenn +27.5 
Bama -7.5 
Penn -5 
Ark -22 
Kent +37.5

Too much? :D

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Dude on September 10, 2013, 04:57:53 pm

Looking at

Louis -13. 
WKU -9.5 
Duke +8 
Tenn +27.5 
Bama -7.5 
Penn -5 
Ark -22 
Kent +37.5

What are the chances this TN line gets pushed to thirty by kick off? That would be impossible to turn down.

OldCoot

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 10, 2013, 04:59:52 pm
What are the chances this TN line gets pushed to thirty by kick off? That would be impossible to turn down.

Yep and possible. I think this is the last week of the freebies.  Lines will get smart after week 3.

DamonBoost

Quote from: Dude on September 10, 2013, 04:57:53 pm

Looking at

Louis -13.5 
WKU -9.5 
Duke +8 
Tenn +27.5 
Bama -7.5 
Penn -5 
Ark -22 
Kent +37.5

I think Duke lost their starting qb, no?

WILL CLINTON

For whatever reason, I love the under on the Bama/TAMU game
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

DamonBoost

I have already locked:

Louisville -14.5 1.5U
Ball State -3.5 5U
Rice -6.5 1U
Wis +5.0 1.5U
Bengals -7 1U

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 10, 2013, 04:22:43 pm
I have been watching that Texas Tech line too with TCU without their starting QB..

Tcu moves the ball much better with Boykin.  Many fans wanted him starting over the knucklehead even before the season and before he went down with an injury.
Let's make some waves.

DamonBoost

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 10, 2013, 05:11:25 pm
That is why I'm on Georgia Tech -8.

locked or just watching?.. i cant commit, lol.  help me!

SPAL

Just lost about 30 minutes worth of write ups for my board this week.

Cal +14
Iowa st. +3
UCF +6
Auburn -6
Va tech -7
Illinois +10
Troy +7
Marshall -8
Fresno -8

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 10, 2013, 05:18:29 pm
locked or just watching?.. i cant commit, lol.  help me!

I don't lock in anything but 5* locks this early, typically. I like Georgia Tech, they hung 70 on Elon opening weekend, and had last weekend off. Duke was in a bit of a tough game last week, and they are going to be without their starting QB.

I don't see anything that would keep me from betting this, unless the line gets up over 10.

But for now, the only locks I have are

Ball St -3   5*

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 10, 2013, 07:09:15 pm
Just lost about 30 minutes worth of write ups for my board this week.

Cal +14
Iowa st. +3
UCF +6
Auburn -6
Va tech -7
Illinois +10
Troy +7
Marshall -8
Fresno -8

Nothing I hate worse. I learned early in my 1st college semester, save, save, save, save. I barely write more than 5 or 6 sentences anymore without saving.

BJOhog

well boys look at this. period
i went out today and bought me a high dollar computer and its got all the keys so folk here will stay off my back. i can add the period that everyone likes. i mainly did this for this forum and this thread i got tired of adding drama for you boys i like this here thread. a lot.

i can delete and fix spelling and such now. high class huh

just wanted to say yeah huckleberry im starting to lean tamu i didnt like what ive seen from bama so far this year. lets be real frank its not the same team and that stadium will have 90k going berserk. i think that the line is to steep really and people keep pouring money on bama i am hoping i can get more points on tamu

DamonBoost

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 10, 2013, 07:45:54 pm
i went out today and bought me a high dollar computer and its got all the keys so folk here will stay off my back. i can add the period that everyone likes. i mainly did this for this forum and this thread i got tired of adding drama for you boys i like this here thread. a lot.

just wanted to say yeah huckleberry im starting to lean tamu i didnt like what ive seen from bama so far this year. lets be real frank its not the same team and that stadium will have 90k going berserk. i think that the line is to steep really and people keep pouring money on bama i am hoping i can get more points on tamu
I for one enjoy your post, you remind me of my father lol..
It's just so hard to bet against Bama.  They were a workhorse for me last year..

UAstudent13

I'm staying away from Bama and A&M betting wise but I will be rooting all dang day for Bama to dominate.

OldCoot

McKdaddy

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 10, 2013, 07:26:46 pm
Nothing I hate worse. I learned early in my 1st college semester, save, save, save, save. I barely write more than 5 or 6 sentences anymore without saving.

Ha, so true. My college days (mid-90's), someone would always screw w/ a buddy by pulling the power plug in the computer labs.

I use google docs for a non-profit board I'm on...auto saving as you type should have been around when I was in college.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

OldCoot

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 10, 2013, 07:45:54 pm

Rock on Billy Jo!!!! Looks like some folks that know are dropping on Ball State.

yraciv

I went ahead and grabbed NIU -28. Time to fade Paul Petrino and that terrible Idaho team.

Glad to see everyone still hanging around.  Time to start sniffing around some games for this week.
Let's make some waves.

BJOhog

men i got to admit im ashamed of my ole dang season. will get some friends to advise me they make a career on this then ill post some more usually i am a 55 percent winner each year at this time i am 40 percent that makes you broke

i challenge all of us to do our best and win some money this week men

widespreadsooie

Michigan -37/1 unit

Michigan will name the score, I'll go 56-6.

Fifth play of the week, and fifth favorite. Hate laying this much chalk, but feeling good about the card thus far.

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 10, 2013, 10:35:36 pm
men i got to admit im ashamed of my ole dang season. will get some friends to advise me they make a career on this then ill post some more usually i am a 55 percent winner each year at this time i am 40 percent that makes you broke

i challenge all of us to do our best and win some money this week men

Happens to everyone.  I had several horrible weeks last season, but in the end had a monster year. Just gotta turn it around.
Let's make some waves.

DamonBoost

I am keeping an eye on the Tulsa / OK under (if 49).  I am not sure those two teams combined can score 49.  Tulsa is horrible and OK is horrible and starting a new qb this week.

Watching TCU -3 and the over (if 70 or less)...

Watching UCLA +4 as well..

GA Tech I'd like if it moves to +7..

jkstock04

So far for this weekend I really like Ball St (-3.5) and Louisville (-14).

Louisville looks to easy of a bet to me...which usually means trouble. "Easy" or "obvious" bets rarely work out for me....lol for some reason Vegas usually knows their stuff.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ur

Quote from: ur on September 09, 2013, 03:23:04 pm
wk1 18-10
wk2   9-4
Tot  27-14
Parlays
wk1 10-13
wk2 4-11
tot 14-24
I usually don't play this many parlays. 6 to 8 is the norm.
wk 1 Game time suspension of 6 aggie def players made me make new parlays.
wk 2 okie state not covering made me make new parlays again. Advantage to an early sat loss in parlays.

Hooch

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 10, 2013, 11:27:34 pm
I am keeping an eye on the Tulsa / OK under (if 49).  I am not sure those two teams combined can score 49.  Tulsa is horrible and OK is horrible and starting a new qb this week.

Watching TCU -3 and the over (if 70 or less)...

Watching UCLA +4 as well..

GA Tech I'd like if it moves to +7..

Just a note on the OK game, I live over here, so I hear all about OU.  Their starter is out and Bell is their backup, who is a Tebow type, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see their number 3 guy, Trayvon or something like that.  He was the favorite in early August and then got hurt, but is back this week.  Most think he has the best feet and arm of them all and will eventually take over the job. 

My point being, their QB being out will probably ignite their offense, he was actually pulled last week for performance and they found out later he was injured. 

Huckleberry Pig

think im done with my picks.  already have one or two more on the board than i'd like.  I stated them above but I'll recap...

Ball St -3   (3*)
Maryland -7   (3*)
Louisville -13   (3*)
Va Tech -7   (2*)
BC +14   (1*)
UCLA +4.5   (1*)
Ole Miss +4.5   (1*)