Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game time vittles

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, November 21, 2015, 11:11:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dhornjr1

Quote from: ChemEHawg on November 21, 2015, 11:13:42 am
Truck stop hot dogs and three red bulls

Coach Orgeron?  What are you doing on this board?

HoopS

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 21, 2015, 02:15:40 pm
Potted meat on ritz crackers and strawberry koolaid.  May throw in a Treet meat sandwich at the half if Im still hungry.
<nods head>

I don't have the words.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

LZH

Quote from: HoopS on November 21, 2015, 02:33:37 pm
<nods head>

I don't have the words.

Hey, for several years I had to threaten to jump out of the boat when I went fishing with my daddy because all he would bring to eat was potted meat or sardines, saltine crackers, and Miller High Life pony beer......and obtw, I was a young teenager. He finally broke down and started buying me Vienna sausages and some Fritos.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 21, 2015, 11:18:18 am
I'm going retro 1970's school lunch today. It will be sloppy joes, macaroni and cheese and jello fruit salad. For those that don't want sloppy joes we'll have fish sticks.

If you are going old school 70's lunch then you MUST have those little yeast rolls.  To this day, nothing compares to lunch-lady yeast rolls for lunch.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: GB-Razorback on November 21, 2015, 02:48:05 pm
If you are going old school 70's lunch then you MUST have those little yeast rolls.  To this day, nothing compares to lunch-lady yeast rolls for lunch.

I got some left over rolls from chicken express. Kinda the same thing

HoopS

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 02:47:14 pm
Hey, for several years I had to threaten to jump out of the boat when I went fishing with my daddy because all he would bring to eat was potted meat or sardines, saltine crackers, and Miller High Life pony beer......and obtw, I was a young teenager. He finally broke down and started buying me Vienna sausages and some Fritos.
and the pony's still?

BDSCT51

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 21, 2015, 02:13:40 pm
Homemade or what restaurant?

All done at the house! No fancy pants eatin place for this Hog fan on gameday!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Mr. Porkleone

November 21, 2015, 03:01:39 pm #58 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:27:58 pm by Mr. Porkleone
Shrimp
Pork ribs
Stuffed Filet
Stuffed cheddar bacon cheeseburgers
Footlong bacon wrapped hotdogs with homemade chilli and slaw
Smothered steak fries with bacon and cheese
Bake beans
Potato salad
Skillet green beans
Homemade apple and cherry pie
Vanilla ice cream
Sweet Tea

Great tailgating lot 56

Wayne Watson

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 02:47:14 pm

Nothing better than drinking the "juice" form the Vienna sausage can....if it warm.  It's jelly if it's cool.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Hog in MO

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 02:05:07 pm
Mercy. You guys are killing me. I am starving, but if I ate right now I would be asleep until half time.

Oh, they won't be ready to eat for a few hours. They need to simmer low and slow - that's how you cook the farts out of 'em :)

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 21, 2015, 03:01:39 pm
Shrimp
Pork ribs
Stuffed cheddar bacon cheeseburgers
Footlong bacon wrapped hotdogs with homemade chilli and slaw
Smothered steak fries with bacon and cheese
Bake beans
Potato salad
Skillet green beans
Homemade apple and cherry pie
Vanilla ice cream
Sweet Tea

Great tailgating lot 56

Ice cream in 30 degree weather ? How much whisky ya'll gonna be drinking  ???

BPsTheMan

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

HogPharmer

Corn dogs were on sale all week in honor of last week's beat down in BR....
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

We had something called chili Mac at least two days per week.  Always with green beans or corn, hot rolls (which were magnificent) and acee milk in a glass bottle. 

We used to have beans and cornbread every Wednesday with macaroni and cheese (I skipped school plenty but never on Wednesday).  One day they served a little sausage pattie with it.  One day in six years.  Every day from then on I hoped there would be a sausage pattie but there never was. 

Our bean rich lunches caused our classrooms to smell like a porta pottie every Wednesday afternoon.  I spent all my time watching the kids who ate their boogers, fascinated by their covert bordering on devious ways they would try to hide cleaning house and popping a booger in.  One boy named Harry rolled his around into a neat little ball, popped it in his mouth like a piece of popcorn and chewed it with real vigor, like he was gnawing into a tough flank steak. 

Another guy used to wipe his on the side of his metal desk.  They would crystallize there and it looked like a small forest of some bizarre strain of algae was growing on the side of that desk.  I was fascinated by their slyness.  I knew who the pickers and booger eaters were and always enjoyed the show. 

No wonder I never learned anything with all that action going on.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 21, 2015, 03:10:01 pm

It don't get too cold to eat ice cream.
We don't rent pigs

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I prefer ice cream in cold weather. Don't like mine to get all melty.
Let's make some waves.

LZH

LZH

Quote from: Wayne Watson on November 21, 2015, 03:02:51 pm
Nothing better than drinking the "juice" form the Vienna sausage can....if it warm.  It's jelly if it's cool.

I don't know about being good, Wayne, but you could always judge the temperature by the jelly / juice in the can.

JackTNHogfan

GB-Razorback

Quote from: OTR on November 21, 2015, 03:15:09 pm
We had something called chili Mac at least two days per week.  Always with green beans or corn, hot rolls (which were magnificent) and acee milk in a glass bottle. 

We used to have beans and cornbread every Wednesday with macaroni and cheese (I skipped school plenty but never on Wednesday).  One day they served a little sausage pattie with it.  One day in six years.  Every day from then on I hoped there would be a sausage pattie but there never was. 

Our bean rich lunches caused our classrooms to smell like a porta pottie every Wednesday afternoon.  I spent all my time watching the kids who ate their boogers, fascinated by their covert bordering on devious ways they would try to hide cleaning house and popping a booger in.  One boy named Harry rolled his around into a neat little ball, popped it in his mouth like a piece of popcorn and chewed it with real vigor, like he was gnawing into a tough flank steak. 

Another guy used to wipe his on the side of his metal desk.  They would crystallize there and it looked like a small forest of some bizarre strain of algae was growing on the side of that desk.  I was fascinated by their slyness.  I knew who the pickers and booger eaters were and always enjoyed the show. 

No wonder I never learned anything with all that action going on.

I have tried to recreate that Chili Mac ... the family just looks at me like I am crazy but I have gotten it pretty close.

We also had the Hogville all-time vote getter!  Yep, Frito Pie!  Awesomeness!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

SquidBilly

Gonna have to butterfly me a few hot dogs here in a minute and burn them in the pan.  Then slather them with Mrs. Butterworths.  Need something to tie me over til its potted meat time.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 03:23:12 pm
I don't know about being good, Wayne, but you could always judge the temperature by the jelly / juice in the can.

Has a salty taste.  Makes you reach for a beer.
We don't rent pigs

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 21, 2015, 03:34:26 pm
Gonna have to butterfly me a few hot dogs here in a minute and burn them in the pan.  Then slather them with Mrs. Butterworths.  Need something to tie me over til its potted meat time.

That is the way that Elf would eat them!

SquidBilly

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

LZH

Quote from: Wayne Watson on November 21, 2015, 03:35:04 pm
  Makes you reach for a beer.

......or some Pepto.

But hey, you put enough Tobasco on it....I'll eat just about anything these days.

Mr. Porkleone

Try it

Vanilla with Jack and Coke. Awesome buddy

hoglady

Homemade beef stew and/or homemade red beans and rice w/ andouille sausage.
Jalapeno cornbread and French baguette.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SquidBilly

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 21, 2015, 03:53:29 pm
Try it

So a jack and coke float eh ?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 21, 2015, 03:53:29 pm
Try it

Souped up Coke float.  It'll make your sticker peck out.
We don't rent pigs

VictoryRedChevy

Pinto beans with Old South brand jalepeno slices. I also like to pour some of the pepper juice in the bowl with the beans.

Hawgphish

Pancetta

Whatever my wife is willing to make.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

OptimusHog

Holed up in a 1* hotel drinking peace tea and aristocrat vodka with homemade ham & beans soup, corn bread, zebra cakes, microwaveable burritos, sweet & salty bars and an entire cheese danish. The room smells of sweat, sin and debauchery but for my Hogs, all is given.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Pancetta on November 21, 2015, 04:12:43 pm
Whatever I tell my my wife to make.

FIFY.  You can turn in your man card.
We don't rent pigs

PonderinHog

hoglady

I remember those.
Yum!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Wayne Watson on November 21, 2015, 04:21:43 pm
FIFY.  You can turn in your man card.

Ha!!
Now you know he wouldn't get fed at all if he did that.

hoginla

pizza hut wings and meat lover's pizza
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

Hoggish1

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Hog in MO on November 21, 2015, 01:59:20 pm
Ham and beans and cornbread, here. I can smell 'em already ;)

Nice .  Greens would top that meal off. 

sawmill

Grillin some venison-bacon burgers

lumphog

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Old post barbecue from Russellville.  Beans slaw potato salad macaroni and cheese and pulled pork with hot barbecue sauce.   Hope I don't jinx us by eating something other than a bolognie sandwich.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: sawmill on November 21, 2015, 05:11:09 pm
Grillin some venison-bacon burgers

Best burger I ever had was at the Cotton Bowl... 50-50 burger/venison with finely chopped jalapeno in the meat.  Was with Donny Cook and his crew.
We don't rent pigs

Tim Harris

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 02:05:07 pm
Mercy. You guys are killing me. I am starving, but if I ate right now I would be asleep until half time.

I wish I had ate myself in to a coma and missed this first half