Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delta Crawfish, NWA

Started by Boarcephus, March 06, 2015, 05:36:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

A patient of mine at the hospital turned me on to them yesterday and I'm going to give them a try first time he makes a run down south for some gulf oysters.  He's got a place in Lowell and he can get me a 30-35 pound box a fresh oysters for $50 or so.  Order on Tuesday and have them on Friday so if it works out my oyster dilemma  is solved because I just don't like what Fresh Market and Richards carries and might even save a dollar or two.  Anyone else done business with this guy because he come pretty highly recommended?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

clutch

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 06, 2015, 05:36:32 pm
A patient of mine at the hospital turned me on to them yesterday and I'm going to give them a try first time he makes a run down south for some gulf oysters.  He's got a place in Lowell and he can get me a 30-35 pound box a fresh oysters for $50 or so.  Order on Tuesday and have them on Friday so if it works out my oyster dilemma  is solved because I just don't like what Fresh Market and Richards carries and might even save a dollar or two.  Anyone else done business with this guy because he come pretty highly recommended?

Never done that type of business with them, but ate at their joint plenty of times. Seem to be pretty decent people.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ricepig

Delta Crawfish in Paragould is good, any connection?

Boarcephus

No idea but I'm going to give these guys a shot first chance I get.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

zane

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2015, 09:57:18 am

I've been rolled out of there in a wheelbarrow more than once.....

RIP LSUfan

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2015, 07:47:46 pm
May be a distributor??

http://deltacrawfish.com/

I bet you're right.  As I said, the first time he heads south I'm getting a box of oysters.  I'd do the  crawfish but I'm not really set up to do that.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 08, 2015, 06:24:40 am
I bet you're right.  As I said, the first time he heads south I'm getting a box of oysters.  I'd do the  crawfish but I'm not really set up to do that.

I love oysters, but have a hard time eating them if I'm not sitting on the coast somewhere, like Felix's....

ricepig

Quote from: zane on March 07, 2015, 10:23:28 pm
I've been rolled out of there in a wheelbarrow more than once.....

Yep, worth the short trip for me.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2015, 04:46:23 pm
I love oysters, but have a hard time eating them if I'm not sitting on the coast somewhere, like Felix's....

Tell me you couldn't chow down on these.... ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 08, 2015, 05:39:02 pm
Tell me you couldn't chow down on these.... ;D

Looks great, what time?

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2015, 05:42:01 pm
Looks great, what time?

If I could come up with oysters we'd do it.  Hope that changes pretty soon because we love them cooked like this.   

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2015, 09:57:18 am

Dang I didn't even read all the way to the end I guess. I thought for some reason that's the one he was talking about. Saw delta crawfish and locked in on that.

DeltaBoy

Amen I love them down on the Gulf Coast with a bottle of hot sauce.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

They're making a run next week and I'm going to give them a shot and see how the oysters are.  Plan on buying a 30 pound box and see what happens.

Jackrabbit Hog

Will be down there in about 6 weeks for a conference; plan on spending a couple of hours at Felix's, then having someone carry me across the street to Acme for a couple more. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

That's about the time we'll head back.   If I can come up with a good supplier down there I may be eating all my grilled and raw oysters in the condo.  Our condo has a grill outside so I may take 3-4 dozen down there, shuck them and grill them by the pool. 

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 15, 2015, 08:52:09 am
That's about the time we'll head back.   If I can come up with a good supplier down there I may be eating all my grilled and raw oysters in the condo.  Our condo has a grill outside so I may take 3-4 dozen down there, shuck them and grill them by the pool. 
Now that is a plan....

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on March 15, 2015, 09:01:31 am
Now that is a plan....

Hey BR, long time no talk to.  Ordering my box of oysters Tuesday and grilling Friday night.  This has all the makings of getting better, fresher products at a cheaper price and that's not a bad deal. 

BTW, making my mexican seafood soup this afternoon for work next week.  If you're a soup fan, you need to try it.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 15, 2015, 09:31:35 am
Hey BR, long time no talk to.  Ordering my box of oysters Tuesday and grilling Friday night.  This has all the makings of getting better, fresher products at a cheaper price and that's not a bad deal. 

BTW, making my Mexican seafood soup this afternoon for work next week.  If you're a soup fan, you need to try it.
Sounds awesome, I spend most of my time at the other place..  Not sure if I have that Seafood soup recipe

Boarcephus

Ordered my oysters today and will have them either Thursday or Friday.  32 pound box for $58 and that includes tax.  Phillip says these are harvested the first part of the week so the ones I ordered should only be 2-3 days old when I get them so I'd say that's fresh.  Depending on size, I should get 7-8 dozen which brings the price down to around 70 cents or so each.  May have found my source. 

PEtrader

Let us know,  sounds like a good deal
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Boarcephus

Picked up my oysters today and we grill tomorrow night.  Curiosity got the best of me so I  had to count them and wound up with 88 which throws the cost to around $.66 each.  The harvest date was 3/16 so I doubt if Richards or Fresh Market can touch that freshness at that price.  Overall size is as good and probably better than what I've been buying up here.  A few small ones but I have to say at this point I'm impressed.   Phillip at Delta Crawfish is a heck of a nice guy and I have no doubt we'll be doing business again soon. 

BR

Nice....  Looks like a great cook out coming soon..

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on March 20, 2015, 07:58:21 am
Nice....  Looks like a great cook out coming soon..

tonight as a matter of fact.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

ricepig

Boarcephus

Quote from: PEtrader on March 29, 2015, 04:00:06 pm
How did they taste?

Actually pretty darn good. The ones fresh market sells are called Prime Oysters and by that I guess they're cleaned while these weren't.  When we order again I'll go the same route because these were 65 cents apiece compared to $1 for the ones at FM and Richards.

PEtrader

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 29, 2015, 05:25:42 pm
Actually pretty darn good. The ones fresh market sells are called Prime Oysters and by that I guess they're cleaned while these weren't.  When we order again I'll go the same route because these were 65 cents apiece compared to $1 for the ones at FM and Richards.

Nice