Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Indoor T & F Meets Start Tonight

Started by Peter Porker, February 03, 2017, 10:04:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Possible future Razorbacks (gridiron and track) will be competing tonight and tomorrow at The Randall Tyson Track Center.

The 1A-4A meet is tonight and the 5A-7A meet is tomorrow.

www.ytiming.net will have live results.

The athlete to look for the most for track is Kennedy Lightner of NLR, although he is battling an injury right now. He has the talent, if he keeps progressing, to make Basil Shabazz the 2nd best track athlete this state has ever seen.

Tevin Eckwood (Richard has posted about him) and Payton Copher of Springdale Har-Ber football palyers to watch. I'll post more as I find who enters.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 03, 2017, 10:04:31 am
Possible future Razorbacks (gridiron and track) will be competing tonight and tomorrow at The Randall Tyson Track Center.

The 1A-4A meet is tonight and the 5A-7A meet is tomorrow.

www.ytiming.net will have live results.

The athlete to look for the most for track is Kennedy Lightner of NLR, although he is battling an injury right now. He has the talent, if he keeps progressing, to make Basil Shabazz the 2nd best track athlete this state has ever seen.

Tevin Eckwood (Richard has posted about him) and Payton Copher of Springdale Har-Ber football palyers to watch. I'll post more as I find who enters.

There was a time when high school track & field was a huge spectator sport in this state.  When I was young the Meet of Champs was held at Quigley Stadium, then at Scott Field (on North University).  The stands would be full for those meets.  Wish it was still as popular with the fans as it once was.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 03, 2017, 10:10:36 am
There was a time when high school track & field was a huge spectator sport in this state.  When I was young the Meet of Champs was held at Quigley Stadium, then at Scott Field (on North University).  The stands would be full for those meets.  Wish it was still as popular with the fans as it once was.

Now, you cannot run a meet at any of the Little Rock high schools and Scott Field (and its track) is in awful shape. Nearly all of the LRSD schools practice there. There are Pulaski County schools that are doing good things. Sylvan Hills has an excellent girl's coach named Grover Garrison. He's doing his best to bring track back.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

LaDarius Bishop of Ashdown finished 3rd in the 60m tonight with a time of 7.28. 6th in the 200m with a time of 23.46.

Peter Porker

Keep an eye on Heber Springs' JaQuan Dunaway. He's listed as 6-3 and is a class of 2019 wide receiver. He ran the 60m in 7.34 for a 6th place finish. He won the 200m in 22.94. He also ran a leg on the state champion 4x400 relay.

Peter Porker

Ty Clary will be throwing today along with several other studs.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 03, 2017, 10:10:36 am

The Tiger Relays put together by Clyde Horton were awesome.  He would invite top ranked kids from smaller schools to come compete against the big boys and those meets could be as good or better than the Meet of Champs.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Hawgphish

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2017, 09:49:10 am
Ty Clary will be throwing today along with several other studs.
shot put results are in...he finished 13th with a throw of 43 feet.

Hogz87

Lightner broke the indoor state record today in the 60m and 200m with a time of 6.95 seconds and 21.90 seconds respectively.  He also won the 400m. 

Hogz87

Peter Porker

Hogz87

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2017, 05:43:49 pm
Yes.
Wow.  I know it's very early in the process for him, but how good are the chances that he ends up being a Hog?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 04, 2017, 05:46:25 pm
Wow.  I know it's very early in the process for him, but how good are the chances that he ends up being a Hog?

Very, if he wants to be one.

pigtrino

Camren Fischer is another sophomore with All American potential.  He won the events he was supposed to win but I was hoping for better times.