Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morgan to NFL Combine

Started by Drew Amman, February 01, 2017, 12:05:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbu5

Wish him the best. One of my favorite Hogs, an amazing competitor.

theshiva

I was confused why he originally wasn't invited but Brooks was. Glad to see him get a chance.

bennyl08

That gives us 7 guys so far invited with Morgan, Hatcher, Sprinkle, and Skipper on offense and Ellis, Ledbetter, and Wise Jr on defense. Given that the overall average is that 2/3 combine players get drafted, that would give us at least 4 players drafted.

Historically, we've hit at a higher rate than that. Further, I could still see Collins potentially getting an invite and I'd love to see what Reed could do there, though we'll probably have to wait for the pro day.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Justagp

This is great news! Wish him the best  :)

Derjen

Drew Morgan is a Patriots lock.

Ramboar

Quote from: Derjen on February 01, 2017, 10:52:50 pm
This. Drew is a spitting image of Wes Welker.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ramboar on February 02, 2017, 08:21:24 am

Yep but I hate the Pats.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

theshiva

He's a lunch pail kinda guy. First one in, last one out. High motor, plays through the whistle. All effort and all heart. Deceptively fast, good route runner. High cerebral guy, like a general on the field. Ect ect.   

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lstewart

There are absolutely a handful of "Drew Morgan" type players producing in the NFL. Seems like half of them play for the Patriots. I think if he gets in the right situation, he will have a good shot. Just depends if he can get to a team that uses this type of slot receiver, and if that team is not already loaded with those types of players. I would argue he would not make the Patriots, as they already have about 3 of those type players that are very good, so it would be tough to win a job. But I think he will produce if given a chance.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: lstewart on February 02, 2017, 08:58:30 am
There are absolutely a handful of "Drew Morgan" type players producing in the NFL. Seems like half of them play for the Patriots. I think if he gets in the right situation, he will have a good shot. Just depends if he can get to a team that uses this type of slot receiver, and if that team is not already loaded with those types of players. I would argue he would not make the Patriots, as they already have about 3 of those type players that are very good, so it would be tough to win a job. But I think he will produce if given a chance.

Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, and before them Welker, Woodhead.  The thing is, Belichick makes them stars so they get nice FA deals with other teams after a few years.  So Belichick just keeps stockpiling those guys.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Little Lady Back

Congrats Drew! Glad he got an invite.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

#1Fan

I see what you did there. ;)

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hog.goblin

Drew Morgan is like a white Wes Welker.

Carl Lazlo

Nice.  He deserves it. And I bet CBB didn't have a problem when he didn't "run the ball across the goalline" on that particular game winning play.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bennyl08

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on February 04, 2017, 09:05:02 am
Nice.  He deserves it. And I bet CBB didn't have a problem when he didn't "run the ball across the goalline" on that particular game winning play.

It all depends on the situation. Not every play is identical. Let's use qb's making a dangerous throw as an example. You want your qb to have a certain amount of confidence in his arm. However, if he's making a dangerous throw when the team is up 4 points in the third on 2nd down, even if he completes it, you can bet the qb is going to be in his ear that such a play was dangerous and was just as likely to have been an interception. Now, if it's third down and you are down by 7 in the fourth, yeah, coach isn't going to have a problem with you pushing a bit harder because it is better to go down fighting than to throw it away and guarantee you don't win.

Running down the sideline with somebody coming towards you from the inside, what are the likely possibilities? If the ball gets knocked out of your hand, it is immediately going to be going out of bounds. Worst case scenario is you get first and goal from inside the 1. For all the scenarios that have greater than a 0.00001% chance of happening, that is the absolute worst case scenario in that situation. Best case is you get a touchdown.

Now, if you are in the interior of the field, reaching the ball becomes a lot more risky. Your odds of fumbling are higher, and when you are the only hog surrounded by several hokies, the odds of recovering said fumble are very low. In that situation, you are better off holding on to the ball and getting 3-4 tries to get a td from there. Even if that had resulted in a td, you can bet than most any coach worth their weight would say good job on the td, but I don't want you doing that again because the risk isn't worth the reward in that situation.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ChitownHawg

I see what you did there.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"