Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanilla Ice is a Hog fan

Started by bigpigpimpin, January 14, 2017, 08:35:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

NuttinItUp

January 14, 2017, 08:43:16 pm #1 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:56:02 pm by NuttinItUp

hogcard1964

1highhog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 14, 2017, 08:35:45 pm
Per Saturday Down South

He has been since he came out with his one hit wonder, even mentions it I think in the jacket.

cosmodrum

"Cookin' MCs like a pound of bacon..."

I don't buy it.
Go away, batin'

Dwight_K_Shrute

He was from Dallas area.  Lots of Dallas kids at the UofA.  He was up here some time late 80's or early 90's when I was on campus.  I never same him, just heard about him coming up to visit friends.  One of his friends names that was here was Squirrel.  True story.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

CrookedSquealliry

NuttinItUp

26.2Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 14, 2017, 08:46:55 pm
He was from Dallas area.  Lots of Dallas kids at the UofA.  He was up here some time late 80's or early 90's when I was on campus.  I never same him, just heard about him coming up to visit friends.  One of his friends names that was here was Squirrel.  True story.

Cool story, bro.

CrookedSquealliry

East TN HAWG

Yip. He visited the hill a few times in early 90's when his song was on the charts

XX

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

Cambridge Hog

funny.i was just talking about this tonight. i knew Squirrel. we thought he was full of S until he showed up on stage with Vanilla Ice at an award show.

LRHawg

jbcarol

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on January 14, 2017, 09:29:25 pm
funny.i was just talking about this tonight. i knew Squirrel. we thought he was full of S until he showed up on stage with Vanilla Ice at an award show.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SDZ_Hog

jasperhawg

During my time at the UofA, I lived at the College Park Apartments.  Saw Vanilla Ice playing basketball with some friends on the courts in the middle of the complex.  I went to middle school in Texas with "Squirrel", he went by Darren/DJ back then.  Darren/DJ/Squirrel was a member of the FIJI fraternity at Fayetteville. 

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: jasperhawg on January 14, 2017, 09:45:58 pm
During my time at the UofA, I lived at the College Park Apartments.  Saw Vanilla Ice playing basketball with some friends on the courts in the middle of the complex.  I went to middle school in Texas with "Squirrel", he went by Darren/DJ back then.  Darren/DJ/Squirrel was a member of the FIJI fraternity at Fayetteville.

yep.same guy

21chill

Yeah Im from Dallas and know squirrel well.  Made trip from Dallas to Fayetteville several times with he and Ice before he made it big.  Used to play ball at HYPR

Rocket23

First Ray Biggers, now Squirrel and Vanilla Ice become part of HV lore!

RazorbackToTheFuture

Heard he interviewed for the DC Spot and was bringing Gruden with him.  Expect a presser tomorrow at 3pm.

Tusks

And people say it's hard to recruit to Fayetteville
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

NotSoFastMyFriend

Heard the "Vanilla Ice was in Fayetteville this weekend" from enough people to know there was something to it when I lived there in the 90s and early 00s.

Related: Can anyone confirm the "Woody Harrelson played ball at the HYPR to get ready for his role in 'White Men Can't Jump'" rumors. I heard that one quite a bit as well back then.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Torqued pork

Just out of curiosity, have Ryan Mallett and Vanilla Ice ever been photographed or seen together by reliable sources?

Irontusk

So was the radioactive boy scout if memory serves

Jonteviosk

I NEVER SAME HIM EITHER LMAO.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

longpig

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 15, 2017, 12:49:55 am
Just out of curiosity, have Ryan Mallett and Vanilla Ice ever been photographed or seen together by reliable sources?

Don't be scared, be smart.

hawganatic

Thread over...Torgued wins...

PonderinHog

Has Jayco confirmed any of this?  If not, I ain't buyin'.   >:(

hawgon

He was in Fayetteville all the time in the early 90s.  We kicked him and his entourage out of a party one night, or it might be more accurate to say that we turned them back at the door.

hawgmasta

Lol

hawginbigd1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 15, 2017, 09:08:07 am
Pssssst! Keep it on the DL.......Jayco is Vanilla Ice!

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 15, 2017, 09:08:07 am

This!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

21chill

He was in Fayetteville quite a bit before Vanilla Ice days and not well liked at the time. Thrown out of more than one party that I know of. 

majestic

Saw him at Hollywood's once. That was the club where Mermaids is now. Was the Gazebo way back when, for those in the older crowd.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Pigsknuckles

Will somebody Rick Roll me and put me out of my misery?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogs958

1highhog

Like I said for those not reading it, on his as far as I know one hit wonder CD, he even mentioned Fayetteville or some friends in Fayetteville or something, been to long ago to really care, but it is in his CD jacket.

ChicoHog

Quote from: majestic on January 15, 2017, 01:11:20 pm
Saw him at Hollywood's once. That was the club where Mermaids is now. Was the Gazebo way back when, for those in the older crowd.

I was a Gazebo regular in the early 80s.  Loved that place. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 15, 2017, 02:18:46 pm
Will somebody Rick Roll me and put me out of my misery?
I'd rather hear Rick Astley than Vanilla Ice any day.  Of course that's not saying much. 

RazorRed26

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 14, 2017, 08:51:41 pm
With his rag top down so his hair could blow?

There is a guy that has a Vanilla Ice/Mallett avatar on Hogville.  It is actually pretty good. 

RazorRed26

Yo, man, let's get out of here! Word to your mother!

NuttinItUp

Everyone is mentioning Ice Ice Baby and forgetting about the other wonderful song from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie that he had. What an all-around superb artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_K6971WmAs

RazorRed26

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 15, 2017, 07:16:39 pm
Everyone is mentioning Ice Ice Baby and forgetting about the other wonderful song from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie that he had. What an all-around superb artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_K6971WmAs

You forgot to mention this classic!

Pig in the Pokey

He had the same 5.0 as from the video driving around town. Totally believable he'd be a Hog fan.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgphish

what do you get when you breed Vanilla Ice with a ground hog?

6 more weeks of bad music.

NuttinItUp

Deleting due to adjustment needed.

Rocket23

No, but Mallett and Snoop Dog have!😎