Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Game

Started by Wildhog, October 23, 2017, 12:31:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Will we beat Ole Miss and their backup QB?

Yes
48 (19%)
No
204 (81%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Wildhog

Bonus question:  Which program is the bigger dumpster fire?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jkstock04

Ill vote no. Ole miss did hang 60 points on Vandy and did look like they had a pulse against LSU.

With their qb being out that's probably pretty huge. For now I'm going to vote no just because I'm sure they aren't as awful as we are...and we are traveling.

And they prob have a current bigger dumpster fire simply because of the NCAA problems/sanctions coming. At least we don't have that although I can't imagine things being any worse win/loss wise if we did.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rhames

No

But Ole Miss is a bigger dump over all imo
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Cylinder

Bonus question is a push.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 12:31:50 pm
Bonus question:  Which program is the bigger dumpster fire?

Yes, we will.

Both programs are awful.

HogSlop84

Both are dumpster fires, but Ole Miss has SEC players Hogs have Conference USA players...

ZERO

How can anyone possibly care at this point? Whatever happens, happens.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

userpick

Ole Miss 3.5 point favorites. Think about that.

texas tush hog

Quote from: userpick on October 23, 2017, 02:34:45 pm

Their backup QB passed for over 3,000 yards and rushed for over 600 last year in JUCO. Think about that.

hogcard1964

Good Lord.

I think we're now the worst team in the SEC.

...and I'm serious.

HoggyCat

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 23, 2017, 02:55:38 pm

Their backup QB passed for over 3,000 yards and rushed for over 600 last year in JUCO. Think about that.

He might beat that Saturday!!!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 02:57:03 pm
Good Lord.

I think we're now the worst team in the SEC COUNTRY.

...and I'm serious.

FIFY
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hogsanity

Long term old misses because they are facing sanctions at some point. This year, well it is a toss up and neither team can find a fire extinguisher.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HankHog

On the bonus question, it is no contest.  Ole Miss is in way worse shape than we are.  We are not being investigated and awaiting added possible sanctions.  Our program is in pretty good shape we just aren't any good on the field.

jkstock04

Looks like opening line has Ole Miss -3.5
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogfan1003

Their back-up QB will be in the Heisman race after facing us!!

code red

Quote from: rhames on October 23, 2017, 12:37:39 pm
No

But Ole Miss is a bigger dump over all imo
IDK they got more talent than we do at this point.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: HankHog on October 23, 2017, 03:09:19 pm
On the bonus question, it is no contest.  Ole Miss is in way worse shape than we are.  We are not being investigated and awaiting added possible sanctions.  Our program is in pretty good shape we just aren't any good on the field.
Our talent level is the issue.  Too many swings and misses.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

code red

Good Lord.

...and I'm serious.
Mizzou is going to light our defense up.

HotlantaHog

Yes, Hogs win! The following week too...Not much beyond then though.

gchamblee

This may be the first game where a coach fakes an injury to slow down their offense.

userpick

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 23, 2017, 02:55:38 pm

Yeah you convinced me. We are lucky to only be 3.5 point dogs. Backup QB, Interim coach. We are in year 5. Makes total sense.

SoCal Hog

Ragnow and Hayden are out for the season, so it does not look good.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

RazorPiggie

Letsroll1200

Ole Miss was competitive with LSU until the 4th quarter. It's going to be a tough game.

DeltaBoy

We will see but I not getting my hopes up since Ragnow and our RB are out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mizzouman

Ol' Miss without a doubt.  Both programs are struggling but Ol' Miss is struggling due to a deeper rooted issue whereas the Hogs are struggling because they just aren't good right now. 

It's easier to right the ship at Arkansas than it will be at Ol' Miss.

This year will be the most successful Ol' Miss will be for a while.  They will have left over players but as soon as they leave, the cupboard will be bare.

Inhogswetrust

Which basically means it's a home game for them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsolutely

I feel it will be a horribly sloppy game ole piss 28-14.  This team is built to only score no more than 2 touchdowns on the road.

KevinOMReb

God only knows what will happen Saturday.  We can't stop the run, period.  Your best rb is out.  Both starting QB's out.  Our backup actually looked sharp and took us on 2 scoring drives.  Our starting RB is day to day, but the backup is about his equal.  Ragnow out and our starting C is questionable.  Geez, guys this is pathetic.

Keys to the game.  Ta'Amu must be able to pass on your questionable secondary.  If he does, he can run too and we have a chance.  If we stop run (haha) I like our chances.  If Whaley goes over 150 I don't like our chances. 

OM 28
AR 24

But it wouldn't surprise me if we let another RB have a career day.  If so, we're toast. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

KevinOMReb

Quote from: HankHog on October 23, 2017, 03:09:19 pm
  Our program is in pretty good shape we just aren't any good on the field.

Ok, uh, you got me there.  Hmmm....
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

sowmonella

Ole Miss is staring down the barrel of multiple years of NCAA punishment. They are much more of a dumpster fire.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Mo_Better_Hogs

Arkansas-Ole Miss— The Dumpster Fire Bowl.
Arkansas-Texas A&M— The Hotseat Bowl.
Arkansas-Mizzou— There's gotta be a name for this one by the time it gets here.

gchamblee

As I stated on another board, this game should be televised in the upper right corner of a good game like picture in picture.

Quickdraw

Ole Miss Wins this game. Offense: first very slow team speed. Second per the game plan no half time adjustments. Third not very good at blocking the run or pass. Fourth quarterback hangs on to the ball too long. Fifth tailbacks not able to break tackles in the backfield. Defense side: first slow team speed. Second don't blitz enough. Third can't put pressure on opponents quarterback. Fourth not enough men on the field "Coaches Fault"

PossumFan

What, there's a game this week?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 24, 2017, 03:56:08 pm
How about -The Futility Bowl

elviscat

We are the worst team in the SEC.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 24, 2017, 03:56:08 pm

Day after Thanksgiving?  The Empty Bowl

The Hawg Marshal

That back up QB for Ole Miss looked pretty decent the other night against LSU.

swineology

No way we beat Ole Piss. We will melt like hot butter in the 2nd half.

TrueBlue

Quote from: swineology on October 24, 2017, 06:37:23 pm
No way we beat Ole Piss. We will melt like hot butter in the 2nd half.

I think Ole Piss jumps on us quick and leads by a couple of touchdowns by halftime. BUT, after CBB makes the halftime adjustments then.......Oh, never mind. We are gonna get curb-stomped.

Dark Helmet Hog

All they need to do is hand the ball off.

ur

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on October 24, 2017, 06:28:29 pm
Day after Thanksgiving?  The Empty Bowl
I  can see cbs yanking the coverage of this game after this year. Maybe sec alt channel if we are lucky.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 23, 2017, 09:15:15 pm
Ole Miss was competitive with LSU until the 4th quarter. It's going to be a tough game.

Didn't their starting QB play the second half?

Their backup will make some serious mistakes, probably throw an interception or two.  This ain't junior college and he's not Cam Newton.

So... I rate the game as a tossup.  If Patterson hadn't been injured they would have put up another 50 on our defense.

Hawgphat

Good Lord.

...and I'm serious.

In the SEC? - - - - In the SEC!!???   ???

You're in an overly-generous mood today, aren't you? - - - - - - - - - - Bless your heart.

jgphillips3

I'm expecting a close 1st half with them pulling away in the 2nd half.  I figure it will be something like Ole Miss 34, Arkansas 24.  However, this is the last SEC game I really think we have a legitimate shot to win.  If we don't win this one, we are going to have to hope to outscore Mizzou and...well...I'm not seeing that happen.

Bonehog

I see 2 of our players falling to the ground to stop play but then jumping up unhurt!  We will get throat punched at best. Their game plan just needs to be send the house every time we snap the ball. Our OL will fold like a Walmart shirt!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh