Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood hog

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on January 02, 2016, 08:06:51 pm
got it on an in-game line after they kicked off.

I'm adding under 61.5 to cancel out that horrendous over bet.

:puke:  Someone get Will a barf bag

WILL CLINTON

Well, 1-2 is better than 0-3. Still holding out hope for that TD in offense followed by a TD on defense.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

DadVader1

I went 4-3-1 on bowl games for +4 units, making it 94-64-3 (57%) on the year for +48 units.  I also tailed Sir on a few and the "Bear" guy from GameDay on 1, all of which proved to be very profitable.  Thanks Sir!  You have had a GREAT season. 

One game left, and so far, I have 4 units on Bama -6.5.  I took that last week thinking that I wanted to get it while it was still below one TD. 

DadVader1

I just ran across an interesting development in Nevada gaming law.  This summer Nevada enacted laws to allow out-of-state investors to place bets through Nevada business entities.  The law allows sports books to accept wagers from Nevada corporations, even if they are set up, owned, and operated by out-of-state individuals.  There are plenty of regulations and hoops to jump through, but this sounds interesting.  I have some homework to do in the off-season.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/jun/08/nevada-law-allows-businesses-investors-bet-sports/

hogsanity

Quote from: DadVader1 on January 03, 2016, 03:00:21 pm
I went 4-3-1 on bowl games for +4 units, making it 94-64-3 (57%) on the year for +48 units.  I also tailed Sir on a few and the "Bear" guy from GameDay on 1, all of which proved to be very profitable.  Thanks Sir!  You have had a GREAT season. 

One game left, and so far, I have 4 units on Bama -6.5.  I took that last week thinking that I wanted to get it while it was still below one TD. 

I would have doubled my bank roll had I stayed away from NFL games. As it is I came out up 11 units. I did not get to past my picks for yesterday, but it was my typical nfl week, went 1-4.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DadVader1

It took a few years for me to decide that I was MUCH better off staying away from NFL games.

hogsanity

Quote from: DadVader1 on January 04, 2016, 01:11:02 pm
It took a few years for me to decide that I was MUCH better off staying away from NFL games.

Cant remember the analyst name, but they were talking about the Dolphins beating the PAts yesterday. Pats were a 10 pt favorite, and were playing to have home field throughout the playoffs, yet they lost 20-10. The analyst said that Miami still has 53 of the best 1700 football players in the world on their team.

In college, the talent gap is much easier to spot.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DadVader1

It looks like federal law makes the new Nevada laws much less useful than I had hoped.  Nevada law allows you to set up a company that can place bets, but federal law prevents most of us who live outside of Nevada from being able to effectively get instructions to the company on what bets to place. 

campushog23

Pretty intrigued by the Vandy -2 line tonight. I try not to bet on Razorback basketball games but this one seems too good to pass up. Good jump shooting teams always give our defense trouble and Vanderbilt is probably the best in the SEC. They've got Damian Jones inside to contain Kingsley and a lot of good guards to handle the press. I know its at home, but this team is nowhere close to the teams that have dominated at home the last two years. What are yalls thoughts?

sooiepig_12

Quote from: campushog23 on January 05, 2016, 11:34:39 am
Pretty intrigued by the Vandy -2 line tonight. I try not to bet on Razorback basketball games but this one seems too good to pass up. Good jump shooting teams always give our defense trouble and Vanderbilt is probably the best in the SEC. They've got Damian Jones inside to contain Kingsley and a lot of good guards to handle the press. I know its at home, but this team is nowhere close to the teams that have dominated at home the last two years. What are yalls thoughts?
Put a gun to my head, I'd take the hogs.  Vandy hasn't been the same since losing Kornet.  We seem to play good against Vandy and lots of times we wear good jump shooting teams down and they miss shots in BWA.  Vandy is better but similar to an Evansville team that we were able to wear down and beat by 13.

campushog23

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on January 05, 2016, 02:31:37 pm
Put a gun to my head, I'd take the hogs.  Vandy hasn't been the same since losing Kornet.  We seem to play good against Vandy and lots of times we wear good jump shooting teams down and they miss shots in BWA.  Vandy is better but similar to an Evansville team that we were able to wear down and beat by 13.

I just don't think this team has the defensive ability to wear anyone down, regardless of location. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm backing Vandy in this game.

sooiepig_12

Quote from: campushog23 on January 05, 2016, 02:58:55 pm
I just don't think this team has the defensive ability to wear anyone down, regardless of location. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm backing Vandy in this game.
Good luck.  I'm sitting out tonight.  Don't like the CBB slate.

SPAL

Indiana -7
Penn St. -6
Richmond +5

Buckle up boys, a new season is here.

campushog23

Well I guess I don't mind paying for Hog wins. Good call sooiepig

SPAL

1-2 tonight. All small plays so I'm not tore up about it.

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 06, 2016, 12:04:08 am
1-2 tonight. All small plays so I'm not tore up about it.

I am taking a break I went 0-6 last night, 0-4 ncaa 0-2 nba.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on January 06, 2016, 08:18:04 am
I am taking a break I went 0-6 last night, 0-4 ncaa 0-2 nba.

A guy I read a lot of advice from says not change a thing and don't stop a thing when that happens. Keep doing your thing and if lose 3 times, write your picks down and switch them. When this method starts to lose then revert back. Has actually worked well for me when doing it.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 06, 2016, 09:16:39 am
A guy I read a lot of advice from says not change a thing and don't stop a thing when that happens. Keep doing your thing and if lose 3 times, write your picks down and switch them. When this method starts to lose then revert back. Has actually worked well for me when doing it.

It is not just last night. I have never done very well with basketball. It is just to sketchy ( I don't mean that in a conspiracy way ). 4 times already I have been a team that was crushing the number only to see them pull the starters and end up winning on or just under a cover. NBA teams resting players, and other stuff just makes basketball so hard to pick.

userpick

userpick

January 07, 2016, 12:14:21 pm #9570 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:58:03 pm by userpick
Quote from: userpick on January 06, 2016, 08:53:18 pm
Fresno State -7.5
Colorado state +5

2-0

Thursday night plays

San Diego -1
UCLA +3
ULL +6

userpick

SPAL

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Utah +2.5  tonight. Sorry I'm late. Hope my word is good here
Let's make some waves.

campushog23

userpick

1/9 college basketball

4-3 YTD

Pepperdine +9
Air Force -1
Marquette -10.5
TCU +3
Niagra +3
Wisconsin +4

ChicoHog

Quote from: campushog23 on January 09, 2016, 10:30:13 am
Plays today:

Kansas City -3.5
Cincy +3
I just took KC -3 and Cincy +2.  Bengals are due to win a playoff game.  It's been 25 years I think?

campushog23

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 09, 2016, 12:49:14 pm
I just took KC -3 and Cincy +2.  Bengals are due to win a playoff game.  It's been 25 years I think?

Yeah something like that. I'm hoping Cincy's defense can play well enough so that they don't have to ask too much of McCarron in his first playoff start.

DadVader1

I added 3 more units at -7 for Bama at even money.  This is strictly a gut play and not a spreadsheet play.  I just think Bama's Dline will give Watson fits and force him to make enough mistakes for Bama to cover. 

The rating systems generally favor Clemson, with about 27% picking Bama and 73% picking Clemson.  The top rating system picks Clemson, but then the next two pick Bama.  During the regular season, I wouldn't touch this one, but I've built up enough of a cushion to play this one last game just for the sake of playing it.  If I lose, I close the season at exactly a 6x return, and if I win, it's a little over a 7x return.  Good luck!  I can't wait for next season.

Yesterday pushed Steelers Won Chiefs lost the over on Chiefs gamr.

On Vikings +4.5
Redskins Pk
Both unders.

One unit each.

FYI Oregon debacle took me from winning 2k down to positive 400.00 for the day.  Had them straight, and final leg of three team parlay.
Let's make some waves.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 10, 2016, 10:53:18 am
Yesterday pushed Steelers Won Chiefs lost the over on Chiefs gamr.

On Vikings +4.5
Redskins Pk
Both unders.

One unit each.

FYI Oregon debacle took me from winning 2k down to positive 400.00 for the day.  Had them straight, and final leg of three team parlay.

Oregon cost me right at 1K as well. Had them straight and parlayed with Georgia.

userpick

1/10 college basketball

8-5 YTD

Illinois +9.5
Oregon -9

SPAL

I pushed on the steelers -2, somehow and won with the packers today. Hope my word counts....I've been busy

userpick

Quote from: userpick on January 10, 2016, 03:33:04 pm
1/10 college basketball

8-5 YTD

Illinois +9.5
Oregon -9

2-0 tonight. 10-5 season to date.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 10, 2016, 08:59:06 pm
I pushed on the steelers -2, somehow and won with the packers today. Hope my word counts....I've been busy

Oh yeah.  You're good.  Know the feeling.
Let's make some waves.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

userpick

1/11 college basketball

10-5 YTD

Fairfield +6
East Tenn State -10

Dropkick

Someone convince me why I shouldn't bet Bama tonight..............................

userpick

As far as the football game goes, I don't see this game being close at all. Alabama will completely outclass Clemson in every aspect of the game.

Alabama -7

Alabama -14.5(2.5/1 odds)

Clemson UNDER 23 points

Alabama OVER 28.5 points

Roll tide!

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MuskogeeHogFan

I think this NCG goes down something like this:

Alabama 24  Clemson 15

Clemson has a tendency to turn the ball over through fumbles and INT's. So far they have been quick scoring and athletic enough to overcome that tendency. Alabama may have a T/O as well. All depends on who turns it over and where on the field and when. I think this is a closer game than many expect and the T/O by Clemson gives Alabama a win by a more comfortable margin.

But maybe not, who knows. You guys do this all the time. I'm just chiming in for the NCG.
Go Hogs Go!

SPAL

yardpig

Long time lurker.  Clemson +6

Dadvader.........going against the spreadsheet lean, could bite ya!  ;D

Boardon Hamsay

Took Clemson and 7 pts on a friendly office wager for a green chip. I blame it on all the powerball hype but think Clemson keeps this one close if they can avoid turnovers on offense. Feels like a 23-20 kinda game. We'll see though.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WILL CLINTON

McKdaddy

ChicoHog

I bet $10 to win $120 for the National Championship on Clemson about halfway into the season.  I also put money on the game tonight at +7 points.  I am not a Clemson fan but because of my betting on them I am rooting for them tonight.  If Bama wins that's fine also but I hope Clemson covers the spread. 

SPAL

McKdaddy

WILL CLINTON