Arkansas-LSU game thread

Started by cookie52, April 30, 2006, 01:12:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Galleywinter

Hollywood_HOGan

FRICK!!!! Ewing goes down.

Up to Hamblin!

Maddhog

I'm not above beseeching the Almighty.   We need a hit.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Hollywood_HOGan

dang losing two games in Baton Rouge would hurt.

WagesHog

hamblin ground out to the pitcher
LSU 7 Hogs 5
Final

Hollywood_HOGan

FRICK!

That was unreal.

We should have beaten these guys today.

WagesHog

no matter how down they are
it is hard to win in Baton Rouge

chiefsfan

we have to have pitching to win, our offense isnt good enough to put up 7 runs a game right now.  First 2 series of the year, our pitching stunk.  Next four it was great, now it stinks again, go figure
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan

they did win one that should not have had on Friday though.

Still no excuse for not hitting their pitchers hard today.

12 strikeouts agaisnt a depleted staff is not good. They had one pitcher with an ERA of 11!

Need to sweep Bama or take 2/3 from them.

chiefsfan

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on April 30, 2006, 04:16:31 pm
I know LSU isn't weak by normal standards..... but this should have been a sweep for us!!  What's with losing when Schmidt is pitching?  and now when we should have taken the series..... these boys can't be tired yet....

hope to have a lot of playing left to do!!

to be fair, Schmidt hasnt really had a great game in a couple weeks.  We need him to throw 8 almost 9 innings a game, and 7 innings giving up 4 runs aint gonna get it done on Friday in the SEC.  Especially with a lineup that has 3 hitters who are either right above or below the Mendoza line, and a power hitter, who cant hit in clutch situations
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

codeHog

we are what we are. Tough year.

Wonder what that Hancock? kid would have meant to this team..........or even a good Boyce or good health or......well crap, I am stuck with the Cardinals for the summer.

I will just have to start thinking of the USC football game

chiefsfan

Quote from: codeHog on April 30, 2006, 04:20:03 pm
we are what we are. Tough year.

Wonder what that Hancock? kid would have meant to this team..........or even a good Boyce or good health or......well crap, I am stuck with the Cardinals for the summer.

I will just have to start thinking of the USC football game

lets not jump ship yet.  Right now we are beating all the good teams and losing to the bad teams in 3 game series.  The 3 series we have lost this year have all been to teams that would not be in Hoover had the season ended today.   Our 4 wins have come against ranked opponents, and 3 of them are challenging for the east division right now

hogman64

The hogs did ok this weekend.. to be honest the way things were set up this weekend with LSU and their backs to the wall, I was afraid we might get swept... they also beat Alabama 2 of 3 at  LSU also.........This team has some weaknesses but they get all they can get out of themselves... I like the team and  I like DVH>.

BattleHawg

a [CENSORED] shame
errors and subpar pitching/hitting lost us this game.

sad thing is, we could have swept them.

BH

TulsaHawg

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on April 30, 2006, 04:23:57 pm
are our chances for the regional and super-regional still good?

I'd planned on calling and reserving my tickets tomorrow...... and I know I get them only if we're awarded the tournaments, but should I even waste my time?

I ordered ours last week.

The deal is, part of the consideration in awarding the bid is ticket sales.  If we show strong support, it enhances our chances of receiving a bid.

Order has to be in by 5/8

hogfan13

Sorry I wasn't here to update

SiriusHog™

hogfan13

You win and you lose. It's a part of the game

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 4-Teen on April 30, 2006, 05:41:51 pm
You win and you lose. It's a part of the game

And if you're Houston Nutt, you win but you lose a lot more.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogfan064

This was our first series loss in over a month.  The thing is the Hogs have been in almost every game they've lost this year up until the end.   The fielding is terrible and that's what has hurt them