Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs-N.Colorado Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, April 18, 2006, 05:49:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pbjones81

April 18, 2006, 09:30:16 pm #100 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:33:18 pm by pbjones81
score is now 1-1

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Maddhog

Good Grief!  We should have had a game ending double play but Collis threw the ball away and a run scored.

Maddhog

Maddhog

pbjones81

inning over, hopefully we can muster 1 freaking run in the 9th

Maddhog

Symons flies out.  Bottom of the 9th with the score tied 1-1.

Come on, HOGS!!

pbjones81

Maddhog what radio station are you hearing the game on?

Maddhog

Maddhog

Maddhog

Dugger singles.  One on, one out.

pbjones81

Maddhog

pbjones81

gentry is so clutch.  he came through when we needed him most.  later folks, Ive got enough cal homework to last me the rest of the night...

Boss Hogg

MrSpook1352

pbjones81

Maddhog....+1 for the updates...

Maddhog

I'm glad that's over!  I believe it was Gentry who tripled in the bottom of  the 9th to bring in the winning run.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Maddhog

Thanks, I enjoyed it.  I love baseball, especially Hog baseball.

HoopS

Ty madd and others.  +1s to you all tomorrow when I get to my puter. 

Good night.

Maddhog

TorsinAHog

Thanks for everyones hard work on the updates.  Much appreciated.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

jforte

what a game...thanks for the updates guys!

chiefsfan

Please James Ewing, Come back soon!!!!
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan13

Not a soul left the game till the final out. I know. I was there. ANd if you heared on the radio sombody in the background going . Walk-Off or Chicks dig the long ball. That was me

hogfan13

4197 was the offical attendence of the game.

heathshogs

April 18, 2006, 10:32:00 pm #127 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:35:38 pm by heathshogs
Quote from: pbjones81 on April 18, 2006, 09:10:23 pm
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on April 18, 2006, 09:02:47 pm
Thanks to all of you who provide this thread.  It's the only source I have for live coverage.  You're good folks.

Game threads are awesome, we love them here on hogville, but in case you didnt know, you can also use the live stats link off www.hogwired.com  its free and just as fast as the game threads.  Just letting you know...

Careful I got blasted for suggesting that a couple weeks ago. :)

Great game tonight. Maday (nearly perfect for 5 innings) and company did much better on the mound than I would have expected. They would have had the shut out until Collis made the bad throw. I guess NC was throwing their ace, but we need a few more hits especially after getting the lead off guy on. Runners left at 3rd in the first 2 innings. We're going to need our bats this weekend.

A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

TulsaHawg

Very happy that we pulled that game out, but tell me why do you pull out the guy who at one time was responsible for ALL our hits, and our only run?

BTW, there were several people who did leave early.

Broken Trigger

I got to make the game tonight.  That was a nice comeback for us in the bottom of the 9th.  Nice hit by Gentry.  WPS!

heathshogs

Problem is our depth.
Dugger came in for Robison because Robo hasn't been able to bunt successfully lately. Hum pinch hit for Hrozek, but that was inconsequential except basically giving us no more hitters later. The problem then becomes we have no defenders. With Robo gone Forsythe has to move to 2b. Parker had to go to 3B. Walker had to go to C. There should have been a way to make Dugger the DH and leave Arnold in LF, but I guess DVH wanted to stik with Hum.

As for people leaving several people will leave after the 8th when we have the lead, assuming we'll get the win.

While we're talking about subs, I don't like pulling pitchers with no-hitters and few base runners. I realize Maday hasn't gone that long often, but it's not like he was struggling.   
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

TulsaHawg

Quote from: heathshogs on April 18, 2006, 11:25:31 pm
Problem is our depth.
Dugger came in for Robison because Robo hasn't been able to bunt successfully lately. Hum pinch hit for Hrozek, but that was inconsequential except basically giving us no more hitters later. The problem then becomes we have no defenders. With Robo gone Forsythe has to move to 2b. Parker had to go to 3B. Walker had to go to C. There should have been a way to make Dugger the DH and leave Arnold in LF, but I guess DVH wanted to stik with Hum.

As for people leaving several people will leave after the 8th when we have the lead, assuming we'll get the win.

While we're talking about subs, I don't like pulling pitchers with no-hitters and few base runners. I realize Maday hasn't gone that long often, but it's not like he was struggling.  

It's like all the pitchers were going to pitch a certain amount and then leave, no matter how well they were doing.

rightdp

Quote from: heathshogs on April 18, 2006, 10:32:00 pm
Quote from: pbjones81 on April 18, 2006, 09:10:23 pm
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on April 18, 2006, 09:02:47 pm
Thanks to all of you who provide this thread.  It's the only source I have for live coverage.  You're good folks.

Game threads are awesome, we love them here on hogville, but in case you didn't know, you can also use the live stats link off www.hogwired.com  its free and just as fast as the game threads.  Just letting you know...

I guess NC was throwing their ace

yeah, you would think, but he wasn't even a typical starter.  We struggled at the plate against a very average pitcher.  It's OK though I guess......it made for a really good game.  Their 3rd baseman is a hoss.  He is their top reliever.  We will probably see him tonight.  Let's just hope we have a good lead before he comes in.

Also, I mentioned this the last time we played a team whose mascot was a bear but it seemed even funnier last night.  Every time they make a pitching change we play the song "Teddy Bear's Picnic".  LOL!!!!!  It is frickin' hilarious.  The whole crowd sang along last night.  Funny stuff!