Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can we get rid of the infield fly guys?

Started by rudebaker, April 02, 2006, 07:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rudebaker

does anyone else think the "infield fly guys" are an embarassment to baum stadium and the state of arkansas, much less to the families of the guys who are in the group?  to have 8 fat asses up on the dugouts during the game dancing is rediculous.  how did they ever get permission to get up there in the first place?  the rbi girls are alot easier on the eye and can dance better.  hognoxious should stick to insulting opposing players.  can we get a petition going to get these obnoxious, fat, non-dancing, dumbasses off the dugouts.  maybe they could travel to the away games and dance on the dugouts there.

Cajun Hog

Yes, Who wants to see over weight men jiggle?  :puke:  Not Me.  Where are the RBI Girls?

twistitup

Just because it worked for M. Cuban doesn't mean we want to see it here. Down w/ fat dancing men. Give me beautiful blondes and brunettes.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

CiriusPorker

its all apart of a joke, its supposed to be lighthearted...

rudebaker

twistitup

HDN dancing on top of the dugout w/ no shirt and still wearing that hat- no thats a joke!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Factual Fiction

If 8 fat asses bother you then don't stand in line for the bathroom at a Razorback Football game. Men's or Women's Room.

hogSGreer

The pom squad and RBI girls were having their tryout for nextyear today.  That is why the Infield Fly Guys were dancing/whatever you want to call it during all of the breaks.  rudebaker, if you would have gone and asked them why there were no rbi girls, you could have posted the information and been somewhat constructive.  The IFG don't want the RBI girls to be gone anymore than you do but they "perform" when asked.  As CiriusPorker pionted out, it is supposed to be a joke.  Here is a link to one of their website to help you understand.

http://baumsquad.uatrough.com/baumsquad/ifg/index.html

Yes, you can start a petition, but don't expect Dave Van Horn to sign it.

"We also have the bunch that hangs out behind first base.  I see them at the basketball games.  I think they are called the outfield fly guys.  It is comical.  People come to the ballpark, especially late in the season and it is roaring.  They see the girls dancing on the dugouts and then these jokers get up there and start dancing in the 7th inning.  People leave here thinking, "Wow, that is a fun place to play baseball." "
- Coach Dave Van Horn
Xtra Innings Magazine; 2005 pg. 27

Kilgor

I agree.  I don't pay to see that at Hog baseball games.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Richard_white

Yeah, I don't pay to see Houston Nutt play calling

Kilgor

And that problem has been fixed... I hope. ;D
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

chiefsfan

I can deal with it.   As long as they remain fat guys.   Their better not be any Infield Fly Gals...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hogfan13

Guys, You don't get it. They do it for entertainment and laughter.

I SAY KEEP THEM

hogfan13

Who Can't like these guys

A Quote from DVH We also have the bunch that hangs out behind first base.  I see them at the basketball games.  I think they are called the outfield fly guys.  It is comical.  People come to the ballpark, especially late in the season and it is roaring.  They see the girls dancing on the dugouts and then these jokers get up there and start dancing in the 7th inning.  People leave here thinking, "Wow, that is a fun place to play baseball."

hogfan064

So you guys love a fat guy(Bubba Hog) dancing at basketball games, but hate it at baseball?As long as they are Hog fans I have no problem with it.

Crappykat

This group of students are true hardcore fans. They are the first in line for football, basketball, baseball and more, not to mention the majority of ladyback events. They cheer, yell and cry louder than any other group. Several are graduating this year and will be missed.

p.s. inside joke to "coach" ... "no standing on the rail.. you want to be kicked out?"

boomo26

Sure I would much rather have the RBI girls up there, but these guys are big fans.  If they have to dance once a year and every so often at games, I say great, at least it gets the fans cheering. 

Boomo

CharlieHog

Whenever another team comes into Baum they compliment our fans on our chants and cheers and general rowdyness. Who do you think gets all this stuff started?

We could be like just about every other baseball fans in the country and sit on our hands until the scoreboard instructs us to clap clap.

PorcineSublime

How is it that this is embarrasing to the state? It is a bunch of guys having fun, no one is dressed in overalls or toothless.  They are not shaking their a@@ to turn you on, they are doing it as a comic bit. Obviously you don't find it funny, most of us do. I don't pay money to watch the totally hot chicks dancing on top of the dugout either. I go to watch the game. They are just a fringe benefit.

As someone who sits reasonably close to these guys I can tell you that they are true fans and will be there if it is forty degrees and will stay if we are down ten or up ten and still cheer on the Hogs. Guess this is just a matter of opinion and yours is obviously different than mine. That is what makes the board worth reading.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hogfan064

I bet Tennessee would love to have fans like ours.  They usually plan infront of 1,000-1,500 fans.  Most baseball teams would love to have Baum's atmosphere.

Landonhog

That's brutal....   While I'm at it.... What's the deal with the hillbillies who actually wear overalls to the games...  Back when I was in school, I brought a group of friends from OU to a Bama game, and sure enough.... Two trashballs standing in front of us in head to toe overalls...  Why do people enjoy fulfilling every AR sterotype, the rest of the country has about us....   I always see at least a couple whether it's basketball, baseball, or football... Thank goodness I've never been to a golf match.... :-)  I can understand if they're just trying to be funny, but no one believes that when they're sitting in their living room watching the hogs on TV...  Show some class, quit making every California hippie's fantasy come true!!!!

hogfan064

Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 09:00:08 am
That's brutal....   While I'm at it.... What's the deal with the hillbillies who actually wear overalls to the games...  Back when I was in school, I brought a group of friends from OU to a Bama game, and sure enough.... Two trashballs standing in front of us in head to toe overalls...  Why do people enjoy fulfilling every AR sterotype, the rest of the country has about us....   I always see at least a couple whether it's basketball, baseball, or football... Thank goodness I've never been to a golf match.... :-)  I can understand if they're just trying to be funny, but no one believes that when they're sitting in their living room watching the hogs on TV...  Show some class, quit making every California hippie's fantasy come true!!!!

Ever seen a Clemson game?  Their fans dress up in orange overalls.  And who really cares what a California hippie thinks?   

lyon98

I laughed at them in the video. So much my wife asked what I was laughing at. She came in and laughed too. Keep them fat and people will laugh at them.

Ever see the Washington Redskins play? First thing the camera finds is their bunch of men that wear pig noses that look, not really, like big, fat women. They call them their hogs and I doubt that anyone would make insulting remarks. They are bigger then the starting offensive line. They go to every game, home and away, and the camera never fails to find them.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Landonhog

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 03, 2006, 09:05:36 am
That's brutal....   While I'm at it.... What's the deal with the hillbillies who actually wear overalls to the games...  Back when I was in school, I brought a group of friends from OU to a Bama game, and sure enough.... Two trashballs standing in front of us in head to toe overalls...  Why do people enjoy fulfilling every AR sterotype, the rest of the country has about us....   I always see at least a couple whether it's basketball, baseball, or football... Thank goodness I've never been to a golf match.... :-)  I can understand if they're just trying to be funny, but no one believes that when they're sitting in their living room watching the hogs on TV...  Show some class, quit making every California hippie's fantasy come true!!!!

Ever seen a Clemson game?  Their fans dress up in orange overalls.  And who really cares what a California hippie thinks?  

Sorry, I just thought we might try and represent our UNIVERSITY and state with a little more class...  If you really need to wear your overalls, go ahead....  No, I do not care one bit about Californians or Clemsonites...   I do get tired of people constantly complaining about how Arkansas gets no respect from the sports media and the rest of the country in general....        Hmmm???     I simply couldn't imagine why!    (please note thick sarcasm)

hogfan064

April 03, 2006, 09:42:53 am #25 Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 09:44:46 am by hogfan064
Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 09:32:54 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on April 03, 2006, 09:05:36 am

Sorry, I just thought we might try and represent our UNIVERSITY and state with a little more class...  If you really need to wear your overalls, go ahead....  No, I do not care one bit about Californians or Clemsonites...   I do get tired of people constantly complaining about how Arkansas gets no respect from the sports media and the rest of the country in general....        Hmmm???     I simply couldn't imagine why!    (please note thick sarcasm)

Do you want us to dress up like Ole Miss then.  Do you want us to have ties and Sunday dresses on?  I understand what you're saying about the image, but its a football game.  I think the rest of the country understands people dress crazy at football games.  When I watch an Oakland Raiders game it doesn't make me think everyone in Oakland dresses like they do in the "Black Hole"   Do you think people believe all people from Hawaii dress like their mascot?

Plus you got to remember alot of people from Arkansas grow up on farms and wear overalls.  There is nothing wrong with that.  This is a state with many rural areas to it and alot of our kids at UA are from these areas.  I don't think overalls do anything to change people's opinion of us(again who really cares what others think)   What do you think these people think when they hear us call the Hogs?

And Nebraska's mascot is a guy wearing overalls.  I think Nebraska gets tons of media attention and lots of respect.

Macgyver Hawg

Show some class, quit making every California hippie's fantasy come true!!!!

Just for the record a group of us from Hogville got to go to both OU at UCLA and Ark at USC last September out in Los Angeles.  The overalls are the last thing I would complain about after seeing some of their fans.

There was a drunk USC fan that would put any of our hicks to shame.  He had Ozark written all over him pointing and laughing at us getting steamrolled but I'm loving the fact that he lost a back to back national championship at the last minute even if it were to Texas.

hogfan064

And what about LSU fans?  Those are probably the worst dressed fans in the nation.  They paint themselves purple, wear mardi gras beads, have big purple wigs and other crazy stuff.  We might have a few people in the crowd with overalls on, but there is a much larger number of LSU fans dressed like idiots at their games

CharlieHog

You people need to get over your little inferiorty complexes. Who cares what people from other states think of us and who says they think of us at all. Do you sit around worrying about what people are wearing in California or New York.

Who cares.

Macgyver Hawg

I just got back from New York City a couple weeks ago.  They are behind the times.
LA is what you look to for fashion.

Landonhog

Quote from: CharlieHog on April 03, 2006, 10:07:27 am
You people need to get over your little inferiorty complexes. Who cares what people from other states think of us and who says they think of us at all. Do you sit around worrying about what people are wearing in California or New York.

Who cares.

Not in the slightest...  I know there are plenty of other stadiums and universities that have wild and crazy fans, but I would prefer if we represented OUR university with a little more class...  That's all.    Comparing us to the Raider trash and the swamp scum of LSU...  Come on now, we don't have to stoop to their level...  Why can't we just be better??  Farm or no farm, you just don't wear overalls on a college campus.  You just don't, it's inappropriate.  Again, I apologize if I've offended anyone; but I was raised to respect this university just bit more than that.  I have family from some of the most backward parts of Arkansas, but even they understand this concept.  JMHO.  Sorry.

Scout Team Defense

So long as the Infield Fly Guys aren't replacing the RBI Girls...

If every fan had half the energy and passion that any of these dudes have, we'd never get beat at Baum.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 10:20:53 am

Not in the slightest...  I know there are plenty of other stadiums and universities that have wild and crazy fans, but I would prefer if we represented OUR university with a little more class...  That's all.    Comparing us to the Raider trash and the swamp scum of LSU...  Come on now, we don't have to stoop to their level...  Why can't we just be better??  Farm or no farm, you just don't wear overalls on a college campus.  You just don't, it's inappropriate.  Again, I apologize if I've offended anyone; but I was raised to respect this university just bit more than that.  I have family from some of the most backward parts of Arkansas, but even they understand this concept.  JMHO.  Sorry.

I don't think it's inappropriate to wear overalls to sporting events. I doubt very many people do. Sports are for fun. It's not a classroom. It's not the library.

Do you hate the Hog Call too? I mean, it is what farmers yell at their pigs. Farmers in OVERALLS.

hogfan064

Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 10:20:53 am
Quote from: CharlieHog on April 03, 2006, 10:07:27 am

Who cares.

What if you're in college for agriculture?  It's a football game.  Do you walk on a college campus with H-O-G-S written on your chests?   There are alot of fans that go to the games that have never been to college.  Many come dress in camo because they just left from going hunting.  I see nothing wrong with this.  If we were at a debate club meeting then yeah I could see the problem, but this is football.  You're supposed to dress down.  It's a fun event to let loose.  As long as you respect others around you I have no problem with you dressing crazy.  What image do you think our big red plastic Hog Hats bring?

hogfan064

Here's a story I have that involves overalls and a Hog man. 

I was at the South Carolina-Arkansas game in Columbia in 2004 and I was sitting by this fat old guy.  He was in overalls and instead of waving his fingers in the air during the Hog call he would pat his belly and call them.  What a great guy, he was probably 70 and had lots of great Hog stories to tell.  Probably the most interesting fan I met.  I've never seen a Hog fan pat their belly during the Hog Call. 

If someone in Cali has a problem with this polite man wearing overalls then they have some serious problems. 

hogmary

I think that they are hilarious!  They got the crowd going.  The Tennessee players and coaches seemed to enjoy both the RBI girls and the In-Field Fly Boys more than any other team.  They had a ball.
These guys are some of the most dedicated Razorback fans there are...they are there whether we are winning or losing, no matter what the weather, no matter what the sport.

Landonhog

Ok, Ok, I give...  The hog hat comment softened me up...  The earliest memory I have of the hog hat was when my dad would get down on all fours and chase my two sisters and I around the house acting like a wild razorback...  One of my fondest memories!!!!
We just have differnt opions, but we're all still HOGS!  You scream your head off in your overalls, and I'll scream my head off in my "grove attire"...  I'll get over it I suppose! 

hogfan064

Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 10:56:47 am
Ok, Ok, I give...  The hog hat comment softened me up...  The earliest memory I have of the hog hat was when my dad would get down on all fours and chase my two sisters and I around the house acting like a wild razorback...  One of my fondest memories!!!!
We just have differnt opions, but we're all still HOGS!  You scream your head off in your overalls, and I'll scream my head off in my "grove attire"...  I'll get over it I suppose! 

That's what I'm talking about!!  Being a Hog fan is supposed to be fun.  Your dad chased you around like a Razorback because it was fun. 

Georgia fans have fun barking when they kick the ball

Florida fans have fun pretending their arms are a Gators mouth

MSU fans have fun with Cowbells

USC fans have fun crowing like roosters

Clemson fans have fun in orange overalls

Kansas fans have fun pretending they're  wheat

LSU fans have fun being total morons and throwing Miss at people

Vandy fans, well they dress nice at games

If you really think about it college football fans do some very stupid stuff, but we all have fun with it.

FtheDarksiders

Get rid of them.  I am not at a sporting event to "laugh".  I am there to watch the HOGS play, not to see some fat guys dance around like they are 8 years old.  If you have to have these guys dancing on a dugout for a baseball game to be fun, then you are not a baseball fan and need you to stay home and watch America's Funniest Home Videos instead. 

And they don't get the crowd "into it" either, if you watch only a few people that sit in front of the dugouts are the ones clapping...it's a joke.

lyon98

Quote from: FtheDarksiders on April 03, 2006, 11:15:51 am
Get rid of them.  I am not at a sporting event to "laugh".  I am there to watch the HOGS play, not to see some fat guys dance around like they are 8 years old.  If you have to have these guys dancing on a dugout for a baseball game to be fun, then you are not a baseball fan and need you to stay home and watch America's Funniest Home Videos instead. 

And they don't get the crowd "into it" either, if you watch only a few people that sit in front of the dugouts are the ones clapping...it's a joke.

To judge whether or not they got the crowd "into it" you would have to be there to see. Some of those posting were. How about you? I wasn't and thought the tape was funny. But then, I have a sense of humor.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

thehill1414

Yes they are hardcore fans who show up incredibly early to games. Thats great. However, their cheers are absolutely retarded. They aren't funny. Who are we kidding here, maybe this appeals to the older people in the stands but to the under 30 crowd, they aren't funny at all. We like to refer to them as "the band kids who didn't make the band".  Now, the guy at the basketball games that stands up, takes his flannel cutoff off and goes nuts is funny. Their cheers are lame: "Throw the ball, catch the ball, its a simple game." Can't we be a little more creative and witty than that?

hogtheball

Were the dugouts engineered to take such abuse?  I'd hate to see one of them collapse on our team.  I say limit the fat guys to only dancing on the opposing team's dugout.  Heck, I'll join 'em.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

kcroyal

Darksider, you obviously don't go to too many games.  Those of us who have been going to games since the old George Cole days (in my case: season ticket holder since 1987), can appreciate the lighthearted humor that these guys bring to the games.  If you want to sit on your hands and be serious during the whole game, fine.  The rest of us will enjoy the game and the great atmosphere that this wonderful ballpark has.  We are very lucky to have a place like this to watch games.  Every team that comes here leave envious of us.

hogsrbad

Off with their heads, give me the dancin chicks anytime.

hogtheball

You're supposed to lighten up and have fun at a baseball game.  You guys are too used to football and basketball games.  It takes a while to get used to the baseball game atmosphere where fun is the name of the game. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

lyon98

If we are only interested in the athletic event, get rid of the band, cheerleaders and the RBI girls. We're not there to be entertained but to watch a sports event.  As to age, I expect Charlie Hog is under 30 and Charles doesn't miss a game.
What Is A Veteran?

pork and mindy

How can anybody not find these guys funny? Never mind they are easily the most avid Razorback fans in the area. They get to baseball, football, and basketball games hours early and easily raise more hell than most. On top of that, it's a joke. This board goes nuts over Bubba Hog, and yet this is in poor taste? It's just a joke.

Baum stadium has the greatest atmosphere in college baseball, and without IFG we'd lose a big part of it. I'm with Dave Van Horn. I think they're great. You should too.

CharlieHog

Quote from: thehill1414 on April 03, 2006, 11:35:48 am
Their cheers are lame: "Throw the ball, catch the ball, its a simple game." Can't we be a little more creative and witty than that?

It is witty if you get it.

It's from Bull Durham. Baseball is a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball. Sometimes to win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.

thehill1414

Quote from: CharlieHog on April 03, 2006, 01:41:48 pm
Quote from: thehill1414 on April 03, 2006, 11:35:48 am
Their cheers are lame: "Throw the ball, catch the ball, its a simple game." Can't we be a little more creative and witty than that?

It is witty if you get it.

It's from Bull Durham. Baseball is a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball. Sometimes to win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.

They say it in the basketball games. I don't know about the baseball games, which is where it should be said if it has to be.

boomo26

Quote from: Scout Team Defense on April 03, 2006, 10:27:15 am
So long as the Infield Fly Guys aren't replacing the RBI Girls...

If every fan had half the energy and passion that any of these dudes have, we'd never get beat at Baum.

Amen

Boomo