Georgia vs Arkansas game 2

Started by hogfancb, March 25, 2006, 04:26:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 25, 2006, 06:33:09 pm
Forsight(sorry not sure of spelling)  doubles

Runner on 2nd 1 out
Forsythe
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

comeon hogs  lets get a hit here, in honor of Texazz losing
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 25, 2006, 06:33:39 pm
QuoteFlorida International 11
Arkansas State 6

you wanna talk about injuries...  just talk to us.  WE've got infielders playing in the outfield right now.  out of 7 outfielders on the team 4 were hurt for 2 consecutive weeks, and one just now came back.  In addition we have 2 good pitchers in our bullpen, and 1 good starting pitcher.  After them, everyone else is struggling

I was wondering what happened to the Indians.  They've fallen apart since the MSU sweep.  Didn't they beat FIU last night?

hogfan064

Dugger Ks

Going to the 9th

Hogs 6
Dogs 6

hogman64

it doesnt help much that walker and parker are about 0 for  their last 40 and dugger is hitting so bad he is sitting the bench quite a bit......those are  three guys that are not injured but are basically contributing zero offensively..  I am sure van horn is about to take either parker or walker out of the lineup...they have left tons of runners on base in the last 5 games.......

hogfan064

Question for those listening to game on Razorzone.  What is the music they always play during breaks?  THey've played it as long as I can remember.  It takes the place of commercials.  Same music every game. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 25, 2006, 06:35:19 pm
Arkansas State 6

you wanna talk about injuries...  just talk to us.  WE've got infielders playing in the outfield right now.  out of 7 outfielders on the team 4 were hurt for 2 consecutive weeks, and one just now came back.  In addition we have 2 good pitchers in our bullpen, and 1 good starting pitcher.  After them, everyone else is struggling

I was wondering what happened to the Indians.  They've fallen apart since the MSU sweep.  Didn't they beat FIU last night?

we had a 4-1 lead in the 7th and our starter tired out and FIU scored 7 unanswered...

While it was great to play MSU, 2 of our top 4 hitters were injured in that series, 1 is out for the year and the other just came back.  And Taylor Fowler, our ace last year is pitching so poorly this year he has been dropped to the bullpen and has pitched 1 inning in the last 2 weeks

Its been a tough year

hogfan064

1st UGA batter Strikes out

1 out nobody on

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 25, 2006, 06:38:10 pm
Arkansas State 6

we had a 4-1 lead in the 7th and our starter tired out and FIU scored 7 unanswered...

While it was great to play MSU, 2 of our top 4 hitters were injured in that series, 1 is out for the year and the other just came back.  And Taylor Fowler, our ace last year is pitching so poorly this year he has been dropped to the bullpen and has pitched 1 inning in the last 2 weeks

Its been a tough year

So much for a regional in Fayetteville involving the Hogs-ASU

hogfan064

Error on Forsythe. 

Runner on 1st with 1 out

hogfan064

jrw11475

Arkansas State 6

nope they lost

hogfan064

Homerun by Bulldogs

Dogs 8
Razorbacks 6

jrw11475

hogman64

this team is playing very badly

hogfan064

Going to bottom of 9

Georgia 8
Arkansas 6

jrw11475

The SEC is tearing us up what gives?

hogfan064

I don't know what the problem is.  Arkansas is a good team.  We played very good OOC against some good OOC teams like Hawaii, Washington, TCU, and OSU.  Ray Tanner(USC's coach) said he thought Arkansas would be the team to beat in the SEC this year.  SEBaseball.com picked us to win the West.  This is a good team, but for whatever reason we're not doing good in the conference. The SEC is so tough.

hogman64

we left a man on third in 4 different innings   we have to many guys that are supposed to hit that are not right now....in fact three of them are about non exsitent offensively.........

hogfan064

Hamlin fouls out. 

1 out nobody on

hogfan064

Robison double

runner on 2nd 1 out. 

hogfancb

hogfancb

RBI single for Hollinsworth.  8-7 UG.

hogfan064

Hollinsworth singles  RBI

Dogs 8
Hogs 7

Winning run at the plate with Blake Parker  1 out

chiefsfan

If Texas had beaten LSU by 50 and Arkansas had beaten Georgia today I would have been very happy.

Sure im glad the stupid longhorns are done, but I care about Arkansas first and foremost.  We shouldnt be losing games like this...

hogfan064

Only other game in progress

Ole Miss 8
Bama 7

Top 9th

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 25, 2006, 06:55:35 pm
If Texas had beaten LSU by 50 and Arkansas had beaten Georgia today I would have been very happy.

Sure im glad the stupid longhorns are done, but I care about Arkansas first and foremost.  We shouldnt be losing games like this...

Hogs are losing alot of close games.  Good thing is 9 SEC teams will make regionals.  SEC is so tough

hogfan064

Strike out

2 out for Brian Walker. 

Runner on 1st

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 25, 2006, 06:58:39 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on March 25, 2006, 06:55:35 pm

Hogs are losing alot of close games.  Good thing is 9 SEC teams will make regionals.  SEC is so tough

its still irriatating.   Lets see what we can do here

chiefsfan

someone get blake parker on the bench and keep him there...

3kgthog

I'm slowly learning from our Hog teams. No matter what the preseason expectations, never, ever ever ever expect them to overachieve or meet your expectations. If you thought we would contend for the SEC West or the overall SEC title this year, step back and take a breath. Besides Schmidt, we don't have any pitching that can shut down most of the teams in the SEC. Also, our infield is absolutely disgusting. There are more errors happening there than during the Florida presidential elections. You know you have problems when Blake Parker is dropping fly balls.

I'm not predicting doom and gloom for the season, but we are seeing our weaknesses up close and personal against UGA and Florida. I think we'll manage to scrape together a regional appearance, but that's about as far as we'll go. Now bash away!

hogfan064

Game over

Dogs 8
Hogs 7

Razorbacks 1-4 in SEC play  19-5 overall

hogfan064

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 25, 2006, 07:02:46 pm
I'm slowly learning from our Hog teams. No matter what the preseason expectations, never, ever ever ever expect them to overachieve or meet your expectations. If you thought we would contend for the SEC West or the overall SEC title this year, step back and take a breath. Besides Schmidt, we don't have any pitching that can shut down most of the teams in the SEC. Also, our infield is absolutely disgusting. There are more errors happening there than during the Florida presidential elections. You know you have problems when Blake Parker is dropping fly balls.

I'm not predicting doom and gloom for the season, but we are seeing our weaknesses up close and personal against UGA and Florida. I think we'll manage to scrape together a regional appearance, but that's about as far as we'll go. Now bash away!

Noone expected anything from our 2004 SEC CHampionship team. 

TorsinAHog

is it over----never mind (modified)
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

hogfan064

SEC Standings after today

East

South Carolina   4-1
Vandy              4-1
Georgia            3-2
Kentucky          3-2
Florida              2-3
Tennessee        1-3

West

Miss State        3-1
Alabama           3-2
LSU                 2-3
Ole Miss           2-3
Arkansas          1-4
Auburn             1-4

SEC East looks to be the better division right now.   MSU and South Carolina seem to be the best teams(not sold on Vandy yet)

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 25, 2006, 07:02:54 pm
Game over

Dogs 8
Hogs 7

Thats just disgusting.  Losing to someone like Georgia is absoultely beyond pathetic

For those who wonder, I would trade a 0 win football season in exchange for a baseball national title.  I care that much about the sport

hogman64

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 25, 2006, 07:02:46 pm

well hard to argue with what you said, but you forgot to add that Parker, Walker and Dugger combined are probably not even hitting .100 in SEC play.... and that is pretty pathetic.......

hogfan064

I'm out

WPS

Let's avoid the sweep tomorrow.  Remember Georgia is a top 20 team and we still are too regardless of what happens this weekend. 

hogman64

I think the hogs have got to get either Parker or Walker out of the lineup,, they are automatic outs at this point............and  somehow get Stephen Robinson in............

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 25, 2006, 07:06:04 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on March 25, 2006, 07:02:54 pm
Game over

Dogs 8
Hogs 7

Thats just disgusting.  Losing to someone like Georgia is absoultely beyond pathetic

For those who wonder, I would trade a 0 win football season in exchange for a baseball national title.  I care that much about the sport

Georgia is a top 20 team.  But we shouldn't be losing these games.  We'll break out of this slump.  I feel definite we will.   

nobballconcept

maybe Mike Irwin was right.  Hogs struggle in all SEC sports besides track

karma26

wow, when i left we looked fairly decent. I don't know what to say.

maniax22bolts20

So are the Hogs running to Winslow and back barefoot yet? Not kidding. >:(

karma26

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 25, 2006, 07:22:11 pm
So are the Hogs running to Winslow and back barefoot yet? Not kidding. >:(

>:( I"m not real happy myself.

UAfan

Van Horn won't let this last too long.  He has too much riding on this team to choke this year.

mikeirwin

Dave Van Horn is one of the best coaches in college baseball. His record in the SEC is below .500.
2003: 14-16
2004: 19-11
2005: 13-17
2006:   1-4

Norm Debriyn
144-161
AVERAGE SEC WEST FINISH: 4TH

There's been an improvement but it's not dramatic.
One difference: A regional and super regional championship at Baum Stadium.
Norm never did that at home.

prhogs22

I HAVE BEEN TO BOTH GAMES SO FAR, WE ARE NOT SWINGIN THE BAT.
WE GET BEHIND IN THE COUNT,CHOKE UP AND DONT BATTLE THE PITCHER.
WE EITHER HIT A POPUP OR SOMETHING OFF THE HANDLE.
I KNOW ITS SEC PITCHING, BUT YOU GOT TO BATTLE HARDER.

karma26

We can read without the caps as well my friend.  :)

hogman64

My guess is there are about to be some changes in playing time.......

HogHeathen

Who cares about baseball anyway?   Every time someone asks me to go to a game they never mention the team they just mention how good the atmosphere is for beverage drinking in the outfield area.  Really, who cares about boring a$$ baseball.  Smite at will....