Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs-Frogs official game thread

Started by hogfan064, February 17, 2006, 07:09:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

February 17, 2006, 07:09:47 am Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:04:33 pm by hogfan064
Hogs 3-0 wins over George Mason, Oklahoma St, and S.Alabama
Frogs 2-2 wins over Tulane and Houston and losses to Texas St and Rice

Hogs start Nick Scmidt 1-0 0.00 ERA
Frogs start Sam Demel  0-0 1.29 ERA

Should be a great game.   :razorback:

S.P.A.M. Hog

Is there going to be a game broadcast on the net? I tried to listen last weekend on kfayam.com and they don't broadcast due to an agreement with the University. Yahoo has had some of the games in the past...I'll have to check.
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

CharlieHog

Quote from: Hogfanjr on February 17, 2006, 08:32:57 am
Is there going to be a game broadcast on the net? I tried to listen last weekend on kfayam.com and they don't broadcast due to an agreement with the University. Yahoo has had some of the games in the past...I'll have to check.

Unless you can find an opponent's online audio:

http://www.ktcu.tcu.edu/ktcu/index.html

You will have to subscribe to the Razorzone to listen to the game online. Our games are no longer offered via Yahoo, and most of our opponents that are through Yahoo have gone to pay audio.

TulsaHawg

#17 :razorback: v #18 

BigPapaHawg

TCU is in some trouble with Schmidt on the mound for this game!  ;)

Let's Go Hogs!

WPS!
WOO PIG

HogInaStrangeLand

February 17, 2006, 11:39:59 am #5 Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:43:12 am by HogInaStrangeLand
Any live stat feeds?

actually I just checked CSTV.com and they have it listed.

so livestats at

cstv.com

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hillbilly

If someone wants me to, I will go play by play again. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: hillbilly on February 17, 2006, 12:09:59 pm
If someone wants me to, I will go play by play again. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

I would appreciate it.
WOO PIG

hogfan064

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on February 17, 2006, 12:13:52 pm
Quote from: hillbilly on February 17, 2006, 12:09:59 pm

I would appreciate it.

Yes please.  I'm stuck at work and can't listen

hillbilly

Alright I will do it...

hillbilly

Steven Trout leads off the Frogs 1st by lining out to CF.
Bryan Kervin strikes out swinging.

No one on and 2 outs now.

hillbilly

Chad Huffman strikes out swinging. Going to the bottom of the 1st...

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 0

hillbilly

Craig Gentry leads the Arkansas 1st with a base hit up the middle. 1 man on and no one out for Ben Tschepikow.

hillbilly

Tschepikow grounds to 1st, who throws it to 2nd for the force. Tschepikow reaches on the fielders choice. 1 man on and 1 out now for Danny Hamblin.

hillbilly

Hamblin bunted his way on base, laid it down the 3rd base line. 2 on and 1 out now for Jake Dugger.

hillbilly

hillbilly

Jake strikes out looking. 2 men still on and 2 outs now with Wayne Hrozek coming to the plate.

hogfan064

Yes, I'm here.  Thanks for the help.  I love the short ball by DVH early.  Love bunt singles. 

NuttsSacked

mossfan3

yep.  Thanks and please keep it up.

hillbilly

Hrozek hits it down the line. Tschepikow scores, Hamblin scores, Hrozek coasts into 2nd. 1 man on and 2 outs now for Brian Walker.

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 2

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

mossfan3

hillbilly

Walker rips one down the line into right field. Hrozek will score, Walker coasts into 2nd. 1 man on and 2 out for Blake Parker.

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 3
WPS!!

PoconoHog

That is the kind of clutch hitting that we need!!
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

RealSmartGuy

hillbilly

Parker hits a line shot to right but is caught. 1 man left on base. Going to the 2nd...

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 3

TulsaHawg

In the pregame on the Frogs' radio show, the TCU coach called DVH one of the "premiere coaches" in the country.

RealSmartGuy

Van Horn is a winner, plain and simple, he don't take any crap, and he is hard nosed, is not intimidated, and plays to win

hogfan064

Quote from: TulsaHawg on February 17, 2006, 01:16:26 pm
In the pregame on the Frogs' radio show, the TCU coach called DVH one of the "premiere coaches" in the country.

No doubt.  TCU has a great coach too.  If we beat these guys it would be a huge win.  Oh and by the way

Woo Pig Sooie
Woo Pig Sooie
Woo Pig Sooie Razorbacks!!

PoconoHog

Glad that we aren't waiting until the sixth inning or so to get the bats going. Keep it up Hogs!
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: TulsaHawg on February 17, 2006, 01:16:26 pm
He is correct in saying that.  Coach Van Horn has brought pride to the Razorback Baseball program.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Pig Power

freedomcounty

Thank you for the updates, i'm in class. Woo Pig!

TulsaHawg

78 degrees in Edinburg.  A cold front is on the way and will lower temps down to the 50's.

hillbilly

Keith Conlon leads of the Horney Frogs 2nd by striking out looking. 1 out and no one on for Matt McGuirk.

Maddhog

I'm supposed to be working, hillbilly, so thanks for doing this!
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

hillbilly

McGuirk flies out to left. 2 down and nobody on for Austin Adams.

mossfan3

Thanks for the updates.  I just checked out cstv.com and they give a play by play kinda like mlb.com  I like it so far.

freedomcounty

hillbilly

Adams flies to left. No damage done. Going to the bottom of the 2nd...

Horns - 0
Hogs - 3

mossfan3

Yeah, why not another no-no. Let's keep it under a 100 pitches and make it quick.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 17, 2006, 01:17:31 pm
Van Horn is a winner, plain and simple, he don't take any crap, and he is hard nosed, is not intimidated, and plays to win

The article in the most recent HI had a lot of quotes from Coach Jorn.  He compared their approach in baseball to that of Reggie Herring.  Said they expect the team to get things right in practice. He'll make the ptichers run laps if they don't put a pitch right where he wants it.  It could be a strike, but if it isn't where he wants the pitch to be, he'll make the pitcher run.

Good article.  Recommend reading it if you can.

Pig Power

Good to hear Walker getting a hit. He's a wildcard on offense.

Maddhog

Makes so much difference when you score some runs at the beginning of the game. 

GO HOGS!!!
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

hillbilly

John Henry Marquardt starts the Razorback 2nd by striking out swinging. 1 down for Stephen Robison.

hillbilly

Quote from: TulsaHawg on February 17, 2006, 01:23:25 pm
The article in the most recent HI had a lot of quotes from Coach Jorn.  He compared their approach in baseball to that of Reggie Herring.  Said they expect the team to get things right in practice. He'll make the ptichers run laps if they don't put a pitch right where he wants it.  It could be a strike, but if it isn't where he wants the pitch to be, he'll make the pitcher run.

Good article.  Recommend reading it if you can.
I was wondering when my color guy was going to show up...;D

TulsaHawg