Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs @ Vols Update

Started by hillbilly, April 15, 2005, 06:53:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maniax22bolts20

heathshogs

Chuck clarifies that Eli Iorge will leave the game rather than the first baseman. Deggs back into it with the umpires leading DVH to defend his man. Iorge was tossed. He's replaed by Fitzgerald.

Walker will finally start the 9th for the Hogs with a hit. 1 on, 0 out.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

maniax22bolts20

Single by Walker. No out. Gentry up (3-3).

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

heathshogs

Apparently the Tennessee palyer said things he shouldn't presumeably to Deggs. Which if that's the case is extremely dumb. Because Deggs is a strong guy with a short fuse.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

heathshogs

Gentry singles to go 4-4. 2 on, 0 out as the Hogs have something brewing in the 9th.
Word on ejection,  Iorg threw the warm up ball and hit Deggs. Words were exchanged and Iorg was tossed.

Amityvillehogger

Yes ive heard Coach Deggs isn't a guy you want to mess with.  Had a conversation with a guy that played for him at Texarkana Junior College.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

heathshogs

heathshogs

Marquardt K's. 2 on, 2 gone for the Hogs in the 9th.

Amityvillehogger

Is there any word if Lee Land is in the bullpen?  It's not a save situation because it has to be a 3 run lead, not 4, but i think he should get an inning.  Of course i can see him being saved for tomorrow or sunday too.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

NuttsSacked

A dozen or so arrests of football players in the last year.  Sounds like Tennessee has a problem with thugs on their baseball team as well.

heathshogs

Dugger grounds to 2nd, the pitcher covers,and the Hogs are done in the 9th.
Middle of the 9th Hogs lead 4-0.

heathshogs

Chuck hasn't mentione a reiliever. Boyce will likely finish.

Deggs gets back into it with the Umpire and is tossed. DVH is arguiong now.

Amityvillehogger

Lets go hogs, seal the deal, that 1st out is the most important in this situation...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

heathshogs

Boyce will start the 9th against the 4-6 hitters of teh Vols.

maniax22bolts20

Now Coach Deggs appears to have been tossed now as well. What is the problem ? Blue would be getting a boot in return. Boyce pitching to Dave Hedley who homered to right. 4-1 Hogs. No outs bottom 9th.

heathshogs

Headley Homers and the Vols are on the board 4-1 with no one out in the 9th.

heathshogs

Goodwin makes a diving stop/ throw to first. 1 out

maniax22bolts20

next batter out 5-3. 1 out. Kelly Edmondson at the plate now (1-3 single) . 1-1 count.

heathshogs

Edmundson chops it up the middle fielded by Marquardt, and Hogs are 1 out away from their 9th straight win

maniax22bolts20

Edmondson grounds out  out 4-3. Nice job by Marquardt. 2 outs ! Rivera(0-3) batting.....1-2 count...

heathshogs

Goodwin fumbles the hit by Rivera. it will be an E5. 1 on 2 out.

heathshogs

Suarez Ks to end the game. 4-1

Schmidt will get the win.
Boyce will get the save.
Hocheavar takes the loss for the Vols.

Amityvillehogger

Boyce pitched hiself into a save, that a boy! lol  :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Gman

THese guys are awesome...

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on April 15, 2005, 08:45:45 pm
Boyce pitched hiself into a save, that a boy! lol :D
He is having a great run. Better save alot for the tournament and postseason. Long way to go until then.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

NuttsSacked

"Hocheavar takes the loss for the Vols."  Nah, all Vols are losers.

Semper Hogelis

Florida beats Bama. Tied for 1st in the west
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

heathshogs

Boyce can't actually pitch himself into the save. He gets the save because it was 3-0 when he took over in the 6th. I was the only hit he allowed by the way.

Semper Hogelis

Whats up with tudes in the Vols dugout. Its OK to mouth a little, but a player should never get on a coach. Whats in the water in Knoxville. Looks like the football, and Baseball boys need some anger management

Semper Hogelis

Nick pitched great. Nice to get some innings out of a starter. He wasn't really in trouble when he got pulled. How about Gentry. Wow. 4-4 in a SEC game. Nice.

heathshogs

Vandy wins at South Carolina hhighlighting how impressive last weekend was. And putting Arkansas, South Carolina, and Bama 1 game back of Florida for the overall lead.

3kgthog

Chuck said Iorge hit Deggs with the warmup ball prior to the start of the 9th.  Whether it was intentional remains to be seen. I'm sure there were a few f-bombs being dropped as well. 

Semper Hogelis

Yep. Still need to pull for Florida. Just this weekend of course. He He.

NuttsSacked

SEC football ain't near as competitive as baseball these days.  Shiite, LSU's in the basement!

hillbilly

Yea they did, Schmidt and Boyce gave the Hogs a great outing, which they needed a lot. Sorry that I got a late start on it yesterday, but I will be able to do it tonight more than likely if no one else is going to.