Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horrible Showing

Started by hogwood, March 16, 2018, 05:00:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Our players came out with no energy. The seniors never played like this was potentially their last game. Barford looked lethargic. Macon made poor plays. We were never in position to rebound. Gafford took bad shots and did not fight for position. There was just no aggression from anyone. Our defense did not communicate. Everyone just looked like they were done the whole game. I thought we really had a chance this year to make noise, and that we really needed to as a program. This one hurts.

We saw Mike vs. TN in the SECT trying to fire up the team to no avail. This game seemed similiar again. What's kept this team from being engaged the last 2 games? Were they tired again? My feeling is that Mike had a game plan and it was not executed, save for 10 minutes in the 1st half when we were able to get momentum. Players were just not engaged otherwise and had no rhythm - which I know is the coaches responsibility too but at some point the players have to be accountable.

Either way thanks to the seniors for a good season. It was fun. Wish we lived up to the potential I thought we had in the pre-season but it was still a good season. Gafford, I hope you're back but either way thanks for choosing to be a Hog. A special thanks to Beard and Thompson who were here for 4 years grinding. Woo Pig...