Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shots fired

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 15, 2018, 01:27:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Man oh man does he not know what's coming for him.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

pigture perfect

He doesn't get around much.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RaisinHog

Hell yes a lil motivation

FineAsSwine

Tape that to Gafford's locker.  >:(

KateHog

Gafford will show him who he is.

hawgball40

O snap... hahaha. Man oh man.

jst01

Doesn't shock me.  Is Martin Butler's best player?   Does anyone think Gafford knew who he was prior to the tourney matchups being announced?  I don't see the big deal. Hundreds of good players in CBB. 

NEA_HogFan

Probably trying to bait him into playing over aggressive and get him in foul trouble.

Atlhogfan1

Probably just answering a question honestly.  A player in Indiana at a Big East program had never heard of a freshman who is the 3rd best player on the T4th(6th) place team in the SEC.  Real bulletin board material.   ::) 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 02:39:30 pm
Probably just answering a question honestly.  A player in Indiana at a Big East program had never heard of a freshman who is the 3rd best player on the T4th(6th) place team in the SEC.  Real bulletin board material.   ::)

If you spin it right, it can be a motivational tactic. Lou Holtz would make Daniel feel like this guy just slapped his mama.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 15, 2018, 02:51:58 pm
If you spin it right, it can be a motivational tactic. Lou Holtz would make Daniel feel like this guy just slapped his mama.

True.  And millenials are easily offended.  Whatever is needed to motivate. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tejano Jawg

Well, whatever Kelan Martin says...more proof Gafford shouldn't go pro yet.   :D

(But who's Kelan Martin?)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 03:00:29 pm
amen to that
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

sickboy

You guys realize he probably followed that up by saying how good Gafford is. The kid was probably focused on his own team. And it's not like Gafford is getting Young/Oklahoma national hype.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

He will know who Dan is by the 19 minute mark of the 1st half!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

azhog10

Millenials parents are easily offended. Any issues with "today's" kids are directly proportional to their parents.

Sorry, I just see these statements all the time and it originates from home. Parents are way worse.

JONAS

Quote from: azhog10 on March 15, 2018, 04:45:04 pm
Millenials parents are easily offended. Any issues with "today's" kids are directly proportional to their parents.

Sorry, I just see these statements all the time and it originates from home. Parents are way worse.

Yep.

bigred223

I'm guessing that playing in the NCAA tournament is enough motivation by itself.

bigred223

This.

rhames

Everyone is easily offended these days. It's just trendy to say it's only millenials. 
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

sickboy

Quote from: rhames on March 15, 2018, 05:18:09 pm

Everyone is easily offended these days. It's just trendy to say it's only millenials. 

The world is as diverse a place as it was a hundred years ago. It's full of all different types of people with different types of personalities. The only difference now is the internet. It let's anyone and there brother have a pulpit. Before the internet, you weren't confronted on a daily basis about your ideas and beliefs. Now you are.

It may seem like the everyone is easily offended these days, but I'd venture to bet people haven't changed much, by and by.

Atlhogfan1

I don't have kids so I'm good with blaming parents. I hate parents.  They think I should find their kids special.  Like snowflakes.

rhames

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 05:27:14 pm
The world is as diverse a place as it was a hundred years ago. It's full of all different types of people with different types of personalities. The only difference now is the internet. It let's anyone and there brother have a pulpit. Before the internet, you weren't confronted on a daily basis about your ideas and beliefs. Now you are.

It may seem like the everyone is easily offended these days, but I'd venture to bet people haven't changed much, by and by.

I get what you're saying but I think Facebook and other social media outlets have given people the platform to speak out on what makes them upset.  So now little things people would usually shrug off and go on a out there day,  turn into full rants. Thus conditioning people to easily get upset. They know they will get that release of dopamine that will make them feel good about themselves when they get that "like" or comment of agreement.

there are issues that have merit, such as #metoo and other things we don't have to get into. However there are so many minute things people go ape darn about. Coffee cups. Holiday getting. Etc etc

Once uopon a time we had to just deal and work through our hurt feelings,  now we get to scream them on Facebook.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawgball40

Half the people on these boards(or nearly any board for that matter) are easily offended. I don't get the mentality of the poster who basically called Gafford a millenial. To me that's a cheapshot against one of our own that should have went unsaid. I mean isn't that level of commentary bush league, and frankly, well - common. I'll also add that Gafford, a young man of christ, is very much cut from a different cloth in that regard. He's got more humility than half the posters on this board.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 15, 2018, 05:49:58 pm
Half the people on these boards(or nearly any board for that matter) are easily offended. I don't get the mentality of the poster who basically called Gafford a millenial. To me that's a cheapshot against one of our own that should have went unsaid. I mean isn't that level of commentary bush league, and frankly, well - common. I'll also add that Gafford, a young man of christ, is very much cut from a different cloth in that regard. He's got more humility than half the posters on this board.

Lighten up. I was kidding was the mentality. Call me an out of touch old man if it makes you feel better. Now get off my lawn.

returntoglory

Technically, he's generation z

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: returntoglory on March 15, 2018, 06:25:21 pm
Technically, he's generation z

I thought about going with that.  He seems to be on edge.  Gen Z it is then. 

returntoglory

We just don't have a derogatory  term for them yet.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: returntoglory on March 15, 2018, 06:30:23 pm
We just don't have a derogatory  term for them yet.

Is millennial derogatory?   I try not to keep up with sensitive pc nonsense. 

USChog

I assure you not a single one of our players could have named a single one of theirs prior to Sunday. I know Gafford is an NBA prospect, but during conference play teams generally focus on their league. Unless players are getting Sexton/Young media love nobody knows them.

returntoglory

I don't know that I've heard it used with positive connotations.

And to the topic, he'll know the name by the end of the game. I'm predicting at 20/10 game.

hawgball40

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 06:36:18 pm
Is millennial derogatory?   I try not to keep up with sensitive pc nonsense.
This where you want to be when jesus comes back? Ageism is so childish, I've never understood it.

hawgball40

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 06:15:51 pm
Lighten up. I was kidding was the mentality. Call me an out of touch old man if it makes you feel better. Now get off my lawn.
You were kidding, eh? no you weren't, your instinct is to retreat into that defense, indicating you are sheepish to some degree. Not trying to break your balls, but you must admit the comment was foolish (and frankly played out), but it doesn't even matter. If you had the humility to admit you were wrong and shouldn't have made such a childish remark, it wouldn't even be an issue, hell i wouldn't even be typing this reply. But like most, you can't cope when faced with the possibility of being wrong. This is called cognitive dissonance, and you probably just learned something new about yourself today. Now you get off my lawn and stop pissing your pants, Old man.  8)

(hook,line,sinker :P)

BaconAteHer

Quote from: rhames on March 15, 2018, 05:18:09 pm

I'm offended

Birminghog

My daughter is a millennial. I'm offended.

Atlhogfan1

This has gotten weird. MAGA. 😊

Sorry your thread got derailed BMM. 

Ugly Uncle

I don't care what the context of the comment...you use it.

Also, while interviewing our own players I know that they were coached what to say and what not to say.  They actually have classes on that (or had).  They were taught not to give bulletin board material.

To say you don't know one of the guys you are playing?  Not well coached.  Very easy to play it off saying, "Man, their whole team is concerning.  It doesn't matter the name of the person on the floor they are all big time players and we have to be ready for them."

Since he didn't say that...I would constantly be telling Gafford (were I his coach or player on the team with him)..."What's your name again?"  "Do I know you?"

I would keep it up until he was ready to run through a wall to punch me.  I think Gafford is advanced enough to take it out on him on the court by dunking and swatting his shot away.
Retired Radio Host

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 15, 2018, 08:30:37 pm
I don't care what the context of the comment...you use it.

Also, while interviewing our own players I know that they were coached what to say and what not to say.  They actually have classes on that (or had).  They were taught not to give bulletin board material.

To say you don't know one of the guys you are playing?  Not well coached.  Very easy to play it off saying, "Man, their whole team is concerning.  It doesn't matter the name of the person on the floor they are all big time players and we have to be ready for them."

Since he didn't say that...I would constantly be telling Gafford (were I his coach or player on the team with him)..."What's your name again?"  "Do I know you?"

I would keep it up until he was ready to run through a wall to punch me.  I think Gafford is advanced enough to take it out on him on the court by dunking and swatting his shot away.

True. Was a bad answer.

hawgball40

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 08:21:23 pm

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the man who is never wrong!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 15, 2018, 08:37:32 pm
Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the man who is never wrong!
Well rarely. Glad you picked that up in your short time on the board. 😉

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 15, 2018, 01:27:00 pm
Man oh man does he not know what's coming for him.

Two things:

1) Who tf is Kelan Martin? Never heard of her.

2) Charge your phone bruh.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawgball40

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 08:39:14 pm
Well rarely. Glad you picked that up in your short time on the board. 😉
Guess it took me long enough, huh?

Kevin

will our guards throw him the ball?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on March 15, 2018, 09:26:36 pm
will our guards throw him the ball?

Not in the half court.  But he is excellent at cleaning up their messes. 

masbas3

I don't see the big deal, there's a lot of people that haven't heard of Gafford, I wouldn't hold it against them.  Butler has a very good squad and we're going to have to play at our best to beat them, they're playing a home game basically, and we're playing a road game and we all know that doesn't bode well for us.   Everyone seems to think that we will just run all over Butler, I hope we do but my gut tells me they are going to be all the Hogs want and then some.

bigred223

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 08:21:23 pm

MAGA, millennials, snowflakes. Touching all bases today I see.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bigred223 on March 15, 2018, 09:55:26 pm
MAGA, millennials, snowflakes. Touching all bases today I see.

Triggered. 😊

bigred223

lumphog

sickboy