Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye one and done (ESPN article) click photo

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 05, 2018, 06:02:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 06, 2018, 10:07:42 am
You hit it on the head. The most unAmerican thing ever. Time to stop giving the NCAA the power to take advantage of the kid.

dude the NCAA is not running this (they are d canoes) but in this one it is the NBA running this show.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 06, 2018, 10:11:07 am
Why would he have lost money? He was a 5-star McDonald's All American. He could have either gone pro right away, or left after his Junior year.

Yeah, he would have been probably a mid first round pick out of high school. He was the #1 overall pick after his sophomore year and that comes with all kinds of non-NBA $$$. Waiting another year is probably 20-30 million lost for him (15 million at least, I'd guess). He'd have lost a lot of money either way because he'd have either entered at a less advantageous point or had to sacrifice a year of millions and millions because of an arbitrary age limit.

311Hog

i don't think some of you understand what a college is.  You talk as if they exist for the sole purpose of making these few basketball players the most money they possibly can which couldn't be further from the truth.

razorback1829

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 06, 2018, 10:11:07 am
Why would he have lost money? He was a 5-star McDonald's All American. He could have either gone pro right away, or left after his Junior year.

Wasn't quite ready after his freshman season, came back and dominated, and went number 2. One more year in college, that doesn't happen.

The_Iceman

My proposal on a deal between the NBA and NCAA:

1) high school players can declare for the draft

2) if a player decides to go to college, he must stay 3 years or reach the age requirement before declaring for the draft, like college baseball.

3) basketball scholarships will be guaranteed for 3 years, not just one.

If some player like Gafford is in his 2nd NCAA season and averaging 18 pts, 12 rebounds, and 3 blks per game and would be a top 5 pick, they can buy insurance on their draft position to protect from loss. They will also have the ultimate insurance of having a debt free college degree (athletes who use their time wisely should graduate in 3 years, easy).

razorback1829

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:21:19 am
i don't think some of you understand what a college is.  You talk as if they exist for the sole purpose of making these few basketball players the most money they possibly can which couldn't be further from the truth.

Some guys have talent that others don't, and makin them stay in school isn't in their best interest. When it's time for these Silicon Valley guys to get out of colllege and pursue their dream, they drop out and some make billions. When it's time, it's time.

311Hog

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 06, 2018, 10:26:42 am
Some guys have talent that others don't, and makin them stay in school isn't in their best interest. When it's time for these Silicon Valley guys to get out of colllege and pursue their dream, they drop out and some make billions. When it's time, it's time.

and i agree. As i said the NBA is dictating to the player and the NCAA what they can and can't do it isn't the college.

I am pretty sure the college would be perfectly fine with no "year requirement" i mean scholarships are only 1 year at a time anyway.

But the NBA is forcing colleges and college coaches to bend over backwards to try and keep kids eligible that have no business being in college or even want to be there for anything other than playing ball and chasing girls.

razorback1829

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:28:46 am
and i agree. As i said the NBA is dictating to the player and the NCAA what they can and can't do it isn't the college.

I am pretty sure the college would be perfectly fine with no "year requirement" i mean scholarships are only 1 year at a time anyway.

But the NBA is forcing colleges and college coaches to bend over backwards to try and keep kids eligible that have no business being in college or even want to be there for anything other than playing ball and chasing girls.

I agree, which is why hopefully they scrap the rule and the NCAA doesn't do baseball style rules. Just not needed for basketball.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:10:55 am
dude i think you are mistaken.

1. the NBA is in control of this, the one and done is THEIR rule.  College is going to college regardless if players leave at 1, 2, 3 years it doesn't matter to them.

I KNOW THE NBA CONTROLS THIS.

You guys are proposing the baseball model.

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:10:55 am2. All the players you mention are the exception not the rule btw.  We aren't talking about them, we are talking about the other kids that are not "cant miss" talents they have a choice.  Go to the League forgo their college experience or commit to a specific length of time, 2 years 3 years what have you otherwise why would they gain entry into college? if they aren't even going to go to class.  You should watch the showtime documentary on Ben Simmons and see what his one and done year was like at LSU it isn't as good as you would think.

I think you're problem is "going to class." Most colleges have online courses. It's 2018, my man. Ben Simmons had to stay eligible just like anyone else.

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:10:55 am3. Not all players infact MOST players will never sniff the NBA just like with the MLB most players never make it to the league, but at least they are more than on their way to a completed college degree.  That is the point.  Players are given scholarships as part of their incentive to go to college, if a kid never passes any classes what is the point of the scholarship? what is the point of going to school?

Again, you can get your college degree at any time. You cannot make money player professional basketball forever. Finite window. You can't be this thick. You think these kids don't pass any of their classes and they stay eligible? They all have to stay eligible. Most of these one-and-dones or two-and-dones leave in good academic standing or else schools like Kentucky would be getting hammered with scholarship losses.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:21:19 am

College is exactly that for a lot of players, though. Not everyone is equipped to appreciate the opportunity to learn and get a degree. That's just a fact. But, you know what, that doesn't stop these schools from offering them scholarships, does it? So why wouldn't they take it and use it as a stepping stone? How many of these kids do you think get into these schools if they aren't athletes? So how you can expect them to realistically do anything with a degree or education at that point. Their best bet to is actually come back to school after their playing career is over when they've matured and experienced the world a bit. That way, they can truly make use of a college degree.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:28:46 am

And you want them to make them stay 3 years!!!

You make no sense.

And if you're just talking about 1-year college players, please consider how small of a % of players that actually is and realize how silly it is to make a rule that restricts so many more players just to eliminate the accommodate of maybe 20 players per year.

311Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 06, 2018, 10:34:01 am
I KNOW THE NBA CONTROLS THIS.

You guys are proposing the baseball model.

I think you're problem is "going to class." Most colleges have online courses. It's 2018, my man. Ben Simmons had to stay eligible just like anyone else.

Again, you can get your college degree at any time. You cannot make money player professional basketball forever. Finite window. You can't be this thick. You think these kids don't pass any of their classes and they stay eligible? They all have to stay eligible. Most of these one-and-dones or two-and-dones leave in good academic standing or else schools like Kentucky would be getting hammered with scholarship losses.

i am saying the baseball model is working and has worked.  That is it.  This one and done model is clearly not working and hasn't worked.

Ben Simmons hated his time at LSU if you would watch the show.  He was treated by the student body as if he was already an NBA player, he had to constantly watch what he said and did to steer clear of extra benefits, etc. and he didn't really go to class he was in school for a semester then college season was over and he moved on to a pre draft camp.  that is the point everyone else on campus knows they will be there for some time, they all want to finish to varying degrees of commitment, 1 and done kids know that this is a 5 month pit stop.

They take crap classes to get to 12 hours, and then done.  Maybe in the off chance of a 2 and done it gets a bit more complicated, but still there is 2 years worth of "fluff" in college if you want to find it anyone who has been to college knows this.  2 years of college fluff courses are as valuable as if you said you spent the last 2 years training to be a professional League of Legends player.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:40:29 am
i am saying the baseball model is working and has worked.  That is it.  This one and done model is clearly not working and hasn't worked.

And I'm saying college and pro baseball are much, much different than college and pro basketball. The games of baseball and basketball themselves are much different.

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:40:29 amBen Simmons hated his time at LSU if you would watch the show.  He was treated by the student body as if he was already an NBA player, he had to constantly watch what he said and did to steer clear of extra benefits, etc. and he didn't really go to class he was in school for a semester then college season was over and he moved on to a pre draft camp.  that is the point everyone else on campus knows they will be there for some time, they all want to finish to varying degrees of commitment, 1 and done kids know that this is a 5 month pit stop.

What's your point? I think we might agree that Ben Simmons shouldn't have been forced to play college ball (or in some other country or for peanuts in the D-League as alternatives to college ball).

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 10:40:29 amThey take crap classes to get to 12 hours, and then done.  Maybe in the off chance of a 2 and done it gets a bit more complicated, but still there is 2 years worth of "fluff" in college if you want to find it anyone who has been to college knows this.  2 years of college fluff courses are as valuable as if you said you spent the last 2 years training to be a professional League of Legends player.

And these players are just using college to get to the NBA. We agree there. I just happened to feel that that is perfectly fine. They're being used just like they are doing the using. No need to restrict everyone. Which is my point that there should be absolutely no age limit starting when a player's high school class graduates. Just like it used to be. Whether or not kids are making the wrong decision shouldn't be a factor. They're probably gonna find a way to do that somewhere in life, anyway. The NBA should be open to anyone once they're 18 because it's proven that has worked. It doesn't matter if some teams overdrafted a high school kid here and there (the bust rate, by the way, was very, very low for HS-to-pro players).

hawg1221

311hog, you posted a lot of good comments in this thread. I like it and tend to agree with you.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 06, 2018, 10:25:11 am

2) if a player decides to go to college, he must stay 3 years or reach the age requirement before declaring for the draft, like college baseball.

If some player like Gafford is in his 2nd NCAA season and averaging 18 pts, 12 rebounds, and 3 blks per game and would be a top 5 pick, they can buy insurance on their draft position to protect from loss. They will also have the ultimate insurance of having a debt free college degree (athletes who use their time wisely should graduate in 3 years, easy).

So kids whose only goal in life is to play in the NBA are gonna know what degree to pick and graduate with that degree in 3 years. It takes a lot of kids 3 years in college just to decide what they really want to do. Such a tired, antiquated line of thinking.

They can come back and get that degree any time. Their clock is ticking RIGHT NOW on their body and athleticism. I'm sorry that it's in contract to the days of old where players played 3-4 years in the NCAA for nothing but the NBA pays a lot more now and that is going to be the #1 goal for most college basketball players. That's why you see a lot of basic degrees like Communications or Sports Management.

Razorbackers

Make it 2 years for basketball, and I'd be fine with it. 3 years is a long time for a sport where some kids are borderline good enough at 17 to be in the NBA.

GuvHog

I strongly disagree with #1. 18 year olds are not mentally and emotionally mature enough to play in the NBA
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawg Red

https://fansided.com/2017/06/13/ncaa-baseball-junior-year-draft-rule-still-make-sense/

QuoteI spent over a decade working as an assistant athletic director for academics at a D-I university. I worked closely with the baseball team and saw many guys get picked up in the draft, including a guy who was taken fourth overall. Day 1 of the draft is always exciting, but then the phone calls start coming in on Day 2.

As the academic counselor for the athletic department, I was the one who received the calls from agents asking how many classes the guys had remaining in order to graduate. Once the number of classes was determined, an amount of money was identified to cover the costs for guys to eventually return to school to finish their degrees. This money was to be included in MLB contracts.

More often than not, guys that were really good ball players entered college knowing that they would likely go in the draft, and so they took a minimum number of classes to stay eligible rather than taking what was needed to graduate on time. Graduation was not the primary focus, rather it was getting through school until junior year. (This was often reflected in parents' attitudes as well; school was not the main focus even though these guys were getting $55k per year to attend). It also meant that guys would reach their junior year with one and a half to two years of coursework remaining to graduate, rather than a single year, which was much more expensive.

Hmm. How 'bout that...

redleg

I hope this is true! The one and done needs to go away!
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

redleg

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 11:29:35 am
I strongly disagree with #1. 18 year olds are not mentally and emotionally mature enough to play in the NBA
But they are to play in the MLB?

riccoar

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 06, 2018, 10:55:14 am
So kids whose only goal in life is to play in the NBA are gonna know what degree to pick and graduate with that degree in 3 years. It takes a lot of kids 3 years in college just to decide what they really want to do. Such a tired, antiquated line of thinking.

They can come back and get that degree any time. Their clock is ticking RIGHT NOW on their body and athleticism. I'm sorry that it's in contract to the days of old where players played 3-4 years in the NCAA for nothing but the NBA pays a lot more now and that is going to be the #1 goal for most college basketball players. That's why you see a lot of basic degrees like Communications or Sports Management.
You do realize the majority of players in college will never see competition outside of college, right?  We are not interested in the guys who are going to make it and be there.  We are looking at people who flop with nothing to fall back on.  So, no education, no job, and no skill set.  How they gonna pay for the education they now need they were getting for free on scholarship?

redleg

GI Bill?.....If they flop and can't play in college because they went for the money at 18.  ;D

Hawg Red

Quote from: riccoar on March 06, 2018, 11:55:26 am
You do realize the majority of players in college will never see competition outside of college, right?  We are not interested in the guys who are going to make it and be there.  We are looking at people who flop with nothing to fall back on.  So, no education, no job, and no skill set.  How they gonna pay for the education they now need they were getting for free on scholarship?

Why is it anyone's job to look out for them and decide what is best for them? Making a kid stay 3 years in college doesn't mean they are going to have something to fall back on, so that is dumb reason to make an incredibly restrictive rule.

I mean, seriously? We're out here making rules to "protect the kids?" Riiiiiiiiiight. You just want players to have to stay in college for 3-4 years. That's it. That's all it is. You damn well pro athletes have been going broke for decades and decades, which means that players that stayed 3-4 years in college went pro and still went broke. How many of them used their degree after playing? How many of them even learned anything? It's all a farce. So why have this phony "looking out of the kids" reasoning?

Let these kids live their lives. If they don't make it play ball, they can go get a student loan like the rest of us. This isn't hard. But only one proposal here blocks kids from making millions for an arbitrary period of time. Surely you guys aren't posting all this with a straight face.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

311Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 06, 2018, 11:42:35 am
https://fansided.com/2017/06/13/ncaa-baseball-junior-year-draft-rule-still-make-sense/

Hmm. How 'bout that...

yeah how about that.  Instead of leaving college with nothing in terms of credits, they left with it 75% complete to a degree.

I never said it was perfect i just said that the longer you went the less likely you will be able to "ignore" or skate by taking garbage courses.  Not every one graduates in 4 years some do in 3 some do in 6 it doesn't really matter what matters is those kids even if they weren't that "interested" in it got something tangible, something they can build on when the playing days are over.

sickboy

The rule should be simple. Let a kid declare for the draft any time he wants. If he doesn't get drafted or chooses not to sign, let him go play college ball if he likes, without penalty.

Kids should be able to test their value in the market without penalty. It's ridiculous.

99toLife

Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 12:24:29 pm
The rule should be simple. Let a kid declare for the draft any time he wants. If he doesn't get drafted or chooses not to sign, let him go play college ball if he likes, without penalty.

Kids should be able to test their value in the market without penalty. It's ridiculous.

Fine, but you lose your scholarship.

sickboy

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 11:29:35 am

Since when was every kid the same? You can't blanket say something like that. If 18 year olds aren't mentally and emotionally mature enough to handle the NBA, then what in the hell is our military doing singing them up to protect our country?

sickboy

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 12:26:11 pm
Fine, but you lose your scholarship.

Why? Why are we punishing the kids? I don't get it. Because you're not good enough to have played college sports, you feel the need to have a say in what they can and can't do?

99toLife

Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 12:30:32 pm
Why? Why are we punishing the kids? I don't get it. Because you're not good enough to have played college sports, you feel the need to have a say in what they can and can't do?
No but it screws up recruiting of future players if you have current players that say I'm going Oh I'm not going  I know I said I'm jumping ship but now I'm not and I want my scholarship back and reinstated.

hogsanity

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 12:41:54 pm
No but it screws up recruiting of future players if you have current players that say I'm going Oh I'm not going  I know I said I'm jumping ship but now I'm not and I want my scholarship back and reinstated.

And that affects you how?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorback1829

Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 12:24:29 pm

Exactly. There shouldn't be any restrictions. Period. Let the kids live and make decisions.

razorback1829

That's for the coaches to manage. They make enough money to know how to manage those situations. Don't punish the kid though.

99toLife

Quote from: hogsanity on March 06, 2018, 12:50:46 pm
And that affects you how?
It doesn't affect me, but I did pay for my kids to attend UofA. and it will affect recruiting. Release their scholarship for another player and if they want to come back they pay.

Hawg Red

Just like making up restrictive rules to "protect" kids from making "bad decisions," this is none of our business. That should not be a factor whatsoever.

99toLife

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 06, 2018, 12:57:12 pm
Just like making up restrictive rules to “protect” kids from making “bad decisions,” this is none of our business. That should not be a factor whatsoever.
Honestly I say pay the athletes in the major college sports, I could care less if they smoke weed or drink like a fish on the weekends, like many other students that take out loans to go to college do. Just go to class and pass your classes.   

donbro

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 06, 2018, 12:03:38 pm
Why is it anyone's job to look out for them and decide what is best for them? Making a kid stay 3 years in college doesn't mean they are going to have something to fall back on, so that is dumb reason to make an incredibly restrictive rule.

I mean, seriously? We're out here making rules to "protect the kids?" Riiiiiiiiiight. You just want players to have to stay in college for 3-4 years. That's it. That's all it is. You damn well pro athletes have been going broke for decades and decades, which means that players that stayed 3-4 years in college went pro and still went broke. How many of them used their degree after playing? How many of them even learned anything? It's all a farce. So why have this phony "looking out of the kids" reasoning?

Let these kids live their lives. If they don't make it play ball, they can go get a student loan like the rest of us. This isn't hard. But only one proposal here blocks kids from making millions for an arbitrary period of time. Surely you guys aren't posting all this with a straight face.
Yes they are

hogsanity

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 01:00:52 pm
Honestly I say pay the athletes in the major college sports, I could care less if they smoke weed or drink like a fish on the weekends, like many other students that take out loans to go to college do. Just go to class and pass your classes.   

Title IX says Hello. If you pay the football players you are going to have to pay every female athlete.

99toLife

Quote from: hogsanity on March 06, 2018, 01:11:09 pm
Title IX says Hello. If you pay the football players you are going to have to pay every female athlete.

Exactly, I know the issues. I still say pay all athletes on scholarship for any sport the same as Football and basketball and make all scholarships  equal in value.  .  I'm fully aware that swimming or golf or girls volleyball don't generate as much income as Football or Basketball. But they represent the University as a student athlete.

ErieHog

Another decision that will be bad for college basketball.

You think the quality of play is low now? See what happens when the best talent available forgoes it altogether.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

hogsanity

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 01:25:03 pm
Exactly, I know the issues. I still say pay all athletes on scholarship for any sport the same as Football and basketball and make all scholarships  equal in value.  .  I'm fully aware that swimming or golf or girls volleyball don't generate as much income as Football or Basketball. But they represent the University as a student athlete.

How are is that going to be done at a school that is already having to whore themselves out as rent a wins just to pay the bill for their entire sports program.

What I do not get is why any of you care. If a kid goes to college and after a year gets offered a job to leave school and go to work making whatever, do you want to stop them from doing that? Yet, because it might affect your team, you want players to be the property of the school for a period of time, and you want them punished for leaving early or even exploring leaving early. Pretty dang selfish attitude on the part of many posters here

GuvHog

Quote from: redleg on March 06, 2018, 11:53:33 am
But they are to play in the MLB?

They start off in the minor leagues and some move up to the major leagues. Most never leave the minor leagues.

GuvHog

Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 12:28:31 pm
Since when was every kid the same? You can't blanket say something like that. If 18 year olds aren't mentally and emotionally mature enough to handle the NBA, then what in the hell is our military doing singing them up to protect our country?

Yes you can say something like that. I've always believed that the minimum age to join the Military should be 21 and if the draft is ever re-instated, 21 should be the minimum age for it. As I said earlier, 18 year olds are not mentally and emotionally mature enough to be playing pro ball. When a player graduates from High School, they should have 2 choices:

(A) Go to an NBA Developmental league and play a minimum of 3 years at $28,000 a year then be eligible for the NBA Draft

or

(B) go to College for 3 years and become eligible for the draft after the Junior year.

Either choice would allow the high school graduates time to mature and become more stable before entering the NBA Draft.

hulk hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 05, 2018, 09:17:15 pm
Sucks that all they are about is the almighty dollar
Why does someone go to college? that is about the almighty dollar as well.  If you have the talent to be considered to play professionally you should have the opportunity to pursue it. I would say more 18 year olds are ready to play basketball professionally than any other sport.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 02:02:54 pm
They start off in the minor leagues and some move up to the major leagues. Most never leave the minor leagues.

But they get the OPPORTUNITY to do so right out of HS ( so do kids going into hockey ), and at much lower pay than we are talking about for even just making the g-league.  Why should basketball be any different.

GuvHog

Quote from: sickboy on March 06, 2018, 12:30:32 pm

We're not talking about punishing kids, we're talking about giving them the proper time to mentally and emotionally mature.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 06, 2018, 10:55:14 am

The fact is only a hand full of people every year, literally a hand full will ever make it as an NBA player.  I'm sick and tired of people feeling sorry for kids that get free rides and waste them.  The world is not soft, but Americans are becoming softer than goose crap.  If they want to risk it, let them. If there one of the hand full so be it, if there not I'm sure uncle Sam will be picking up there tab in a year or two.  "But what about injuries" some say. Is it any less sad when anyone is hurt so bad they cant do anything athletic anymore.  I'm ready to sit back and watch the world burn and i dont think i will have to wait much longer.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

sickboy

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 02:12:49 pm
Yes you can say something like that. I've always believed that the minimum age to join the Military should be 21 and if the draft is ever re-instated, 21 should be the minimum age for it. As I said earlier, 18 year olds are not mentally and emotionally mature enough to be playing pro ball. When a player graduates from High School, they should have 2 choices:

(A) Go to an NBA Developmental league and play a minimum of 3 years at $28,000 a year then be eligible for the NBA Draft

or

(B) go to College for 3 years and become eligible for the draft after the Junior year.

Either choice would allow the high school graduates time to mature and become more stable before entering the NBA Draft.

Hey, I ain't mad at that.

Only issue is the three years. In my industry, people sign three year contracts because we don't run on seasons. But in the sports world, contracts are built around seasons. That and a player's career could be over with one injury. So locking these kids into three years doesn't make sense to me.

Make contracts and scholarships year to year and let both development league and college players test their NBA draft stock freely, but with the option to resign to their league team, and I'd be on board.

sickboy

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 02:22:08 pm
We're not talking about punishing kids, we're talking about giving them the proper time to mentally and emotionally mature.

You are. The person I was responding too wasn't.