Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky-Florida

Started by deserthog, March 03, 2018, 10:30:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

deserthog

I'm at a loss as to who to pull for in this game. Thought some of you analysts might be able to help me out.

PonderinHog

Hitler, Satan or Osama Bin Laden!   ::)

NoogaHog

Well, who would you rather play in the SEC tourney? If Arkansas wins today, we play the loser on Friday, assuming they win their first round game against the 12-13 winner.

So lets hope that the UK-UF game goes to 4 hours and 17 overtimes, and then the loser plays another 4 hour game against Sakerlina on Thursday with multiple OTs and a brawl or 2 with multiple suspensions.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

latrops

Quote from: deserthog on March 03, 2018, 10:30:37 am
I'm at a loss as to who to pull for in this game. Thought some of you analysts might be able to help me out.

Never a valid reason to pull for Kentucky.

AHiD

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 03, 2018, 11:24:54 am
Well, who would you rather play in the SEC tourney? If  :puke:Arkansas wins today, we play the loser on Friday, assuming they win their first round game against the 12-13 winner.

So lets hope that the UK-UF game goes to 4 hours and 17 overtimes, and then the loser plays another 4 hour game against Sakerlina on Thursday with multiple OTs and a brawl or 2 with multiple suspensions.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Then...gulp...we need to root for UK  :puke:
My name...is Jerruh

BadHog

Florida needs to lose. Hogs need to win today.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

RaisinHog

I don't think it really matters .. both have been inconsistent .. flordia is a better match up on paper but when you factor in the extra 40 Allen will get against us it's pretty much a crap shoot too who we would rather play ..

raz1965

If we beat Missouri I wouldn't care which team we play, we have done enough to avoid the 8-9 seed on the big dance which is most important.

99toLife

Quote from: BadHog on March 03, 2018, 11:30:52 am
Florida needs to lose. Hogs need to win today.
The first part of that ain't lookin to good so far.  Kentucky down by 15 at half.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 03, 2018, 11:45:34 am
I don't think it really matters .. both have been inconsistent .. flordia is a better match up on paper but when you factor in the extra 40 Allen will get against us it's pretty much a crap shoot too who we would rather play ..

Lol, good point. But St Louis will be Lexington west so would basically be playing Kensucky on the road.

onebadrubi

chioza and allen will try to destroy us.  Honest question, have we ever beat chioza?

razobak

We haven't beaten Kentucky since sweeping them in 2013-14. Lost 6 in a row since then.

We haven't beaten Florida since upsetting them in BWA in 2012-13. Lost 8 in a row since then.

I hope we get Kentucky in the 4-5 game and then face Florida in the finals. We owe both of them.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

hawg1221

For me it's hard to root for Kentucky at any time, especially with coach Calipari at the helm. I do not like him.

rude1

Two teams we find a way to lose to no matter if they are having a great, good, or average season. Ky won two conference road games all season, Vandy and us. Yet we get told how much "talent" this Ky team has and why it is ok to lose to them. Just like last season when Mo. had two conference wins, Vandy and us. Program can't ever get over the hump if we are going to continue to lose the games that most in the conference find a way to win.

Razorpigg

Quote from: rude1 on March 03, 2018, 01:42:00 pm
Two teams we find a way to lose to no matter if they are having a great, good, or average season. Ky won two conference road games all season, Vandy and us. Yet we get told how much "talent" this Ky team has and why it is ok to lose to them. Just like last season when Mo. had two conference wins, Vandy and us. Program can't ever get over the hump if we are going to continue to lose the games that most in the conference find a way to win.

😷😷😷 as usual

99toLife

Problem with that statement, and not that I disagree, is Most teams in the SEC can say that.

rude1

Quote from: 99toLife on March 03, 2018, 03:52:09 pm
Problem with that statement, and not that I disagree, is Most teams in the SEC can say that.
Do we want to be like most teams, or is the objective to win the conference?

99toLife

Quote from: rude1 on March 03, 2018, 04:01:21 pm
Do we want to be like most teams, or is the objective to win the conference?

No, but we are.

k.c.hawg

In our last 11 games with Kentucky  we are 0-2 in SEC Tournament Championship and 4-5 in regular season games. I'm not going to spend 2 hours looking up their conference wins against every team over an 8 year period but during that time Kentucky is 97-27 in league play. Doesn't seem that most teams are finding a way to win those games.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.