Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Parker - New LB Committ

Started by jjdlc, January 21, 2018, 10:17:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

jackflash

great commit back in La good job  Razorback staff

Kevin

Some will say just another 3 star

Where are you negative people

I don't know if he can play or not I like he is 6-2
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RaisinHog

And that he runs a 4.5 that's fast for a middle LB

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Strange. Not much interest from big-time schools, but pretty good measurables. Fast.

EFBAB

Kevin

You either have speed or you are chasing it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

King Kong

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on January 21, 2018, 11:31:20 am
Strange. Not much interest from big-time schools, but pretty good measurables. Fast.

EFBAB

It is odd. Looks very fast coming down hill

Texas A&M has shown interest recently as well. However they haven't offered at this time

Soooie21

Hard hitting form tackler....looks damn good...

Rock1

VERY good pickup. I know the A&M staff had gotten on him recently and were close to offering along with Neb.

PygmalionEffect2

We picked up a good MLB in south Louisiana a couple years ago in De'Jon Harris.

De'jon was a little more heralded.  Would be awesome if Andrew is in the same mold.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Rock1

another LB I am hearing Ark has some feelers out to. If this kid was 6'1' he would have everyone in the country after him. He is a thumper.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicholas-Bolton-77867

Dropkick

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Rock1 on January 21, 2018, 12:32:06 pm
another LB I am hearing Ark has some feelers out to. If this kid was 6'1' he would have everyone in the country after him. He is a thumper.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicholas-Bolton-77867

He has the hair to match his last name..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Rock1

and this is the other one I am hearing about. Sorry if someone has already posted this somewhere.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacoby-Simpson-77863

Cambridge Hog

Great addition! Welcome aboard to this young man! Hope he is a star!

SamBuckhart

Welcome to Mr. Parker. Wooo Pig Soooie!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DuckTalesLOL

Kid goes to a new high school which is why he hasn't been recruited. Chavis liked him at A&M and brought him here. He knows what he is doing. :)

RaisinHog

I would think this would wrap us up at inside backer I mean that's 2 for the class and we have an all SEC one on the roster

BoynamedWooPigSooie

As bad and as slow as our LBrs have been since the early 2000's I'm 100% behind whoever Chavis thinks he can mold into a quality SEC LB.

LB play is what excites me the most about having Chavis onboard as LB play is the hallmark of his D and he's coaching them personally, all in the same room.  Getting them all on the same page is important.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 21, 2018, 01:03:20 pm
Kid goes to a new high school which is why he hasn't been recruited. Chavis liked him at A&M and brought him here. He knows what he is doing. :)

Why would going to a new high school keep a kid from being recruited?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 03:20:46 pm
Low publicity. Usually low wins with a new program. No inroads with colleges. Etc.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 21, 2018, 03:30:15 pm
Low publicity. Usually low wins with a new program. No inroads with colleges. Etc.

How did we find him?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hawginbigd1

New school could mean unknown to those in the recruiting circles. If the kid doesn't work the circuit also can go completely unnoticed.

This kid looks like he has 4* tools/measurables if speed is legit he could play Inside or out. If he wants to play MLB he needs to probably add 10-12 pounds.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 21, 2018, 03:36:49 pm
New school could mean unknown to those in the recruiting circles. If the kid doesn't work the circuit also can go completely unnoticed.

This kid looks like he has 4* tools/measurables if speed is legit he could play Inside or out. If he wants to play MLB he needs to probably add 10-12 pounds.

Sure, I buy that.  I'm just leary in general.  Seen it too many times.  I'm too used to reading all the mental gymnastics in defense of a commit who appears to have no SEC interest.  He's 6'2" and fast, so he must be SEC LB.  Maybe he's just the unusual exception, like so many in our history who ultimately weren't exceptions at all. 

And that's not a criticism of the staff.  The options were extremely limited upon arrival.  They'll have to take what they can get right now.  Hopefully Parker is a stud.

Flrazrback

hoghappy

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on January 21, 2018, 11:31:20 am

EFBAB
Notre Dame, aTm, Nebraska and Washington are pretty good schools.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hoghappy on January 21, 2018, 03:59:36 pm

They offered him?  Also, if true, this would debunk the claim that he was unable to be recruited..

Hawg Life

Fastest LB we've had since Chip Gregory...

ChicoHog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 21, 2018, 12:19:17 pm
We picked up a good MLB in south Louisiana a couple years ago in De'Jon Harris.

De'jon was a little more heralded.  Would be awesome if Andrew is in the same mold.

I'd settle for another Tony Bua, but this guy has the measurables that Bua didn't. If he has the heart that Tony Bua had He will be All America...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 21, 2018, 03:36:49 pm

15 pounds of muscle is doable in 1 off-season with the right nutrition. You want to make sure it's not water weight.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Philip Seaton

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 21, 2018, 03:30:15 pm

Not the case whatsoever. Coaches know exactly where the new and old schools are at. Wins or losses don't matter. College coaches hit all high schools in contact in some shape, form or fashion. A lot of the recruiting today has to do with summer camps, and other camps. So where someone does or doesn't go to school really doesn't matter. Though competition (smaller schools) does hamper development as does the number of coaches that smaller schools have for football compared to larger schools.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 21, 2018, 11:24:18 am
Some will say just another 3 star

Where are you negative people

I don't know if he can play or not I like he is 6-2

Huh ? Coaches make more to evaluate than recruiting services do. Plus their careers depend on it. Mack Brown once said that he lost his job partly bc he started recruiting star rankings. I believe him. This is a very good pick up. Screw stars.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 21, 2018, 06:05:14 pm
Huh ? Coaches make more to evaluate than recruiting services do. Plus their careers depend on it. Mack Brown once said that he lost his job partly bc he started recruiting star rankings. I believe him. This is a very good pick up. Screw stars.

Most pay attention to offer sheets.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 21, 2018, 06:02:54 pm
Not the case whatsoever. Coaches know exactly where the new and old schools are at. Wins or losses don't matter. College coaches hit all high schools in contact in some shape, form or fashion. A lot of the recruiting today has to do with summer camps, and other camps. So where someone does or doesn't go to school really doesn't matter. Though competition (smaller schools) does hamper development as does the number of coaches that smaller schools have for football compared to larger schools.

Careful.  Just say'n.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 06:10:14 pm
Most pay attention to offer sheets.

That makes a lot of sense. If a coach is well known for evaluating talent. And he's offered your guy. Then yeah. But the recruiting services are just selling subscriptions.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hoghappy on January 21, 2018, 03:59:36 pm

His offers were Lafayette, Georgetown and Houston Baptist.

Bubba's Bruisers

Again, let's get some perspective here.  We have a brand new staff playing major catchup at the end of a recruiting season for a program that's been largely irrelevant since these recruits can remember.  You get what you can, lick your wounds, and kick butt in 2019.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 21, 2018, 06:12:41 pm
That makes a lot of sense. If a coach is well known for evaluating talent. And he's offered your guy. Then yeah. But the recruiting services are just selling subscriptions.
[/b]

Well, that's not really true. But what is true is that evaluation of the staff still matters as well.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 06:17:39 pm
Again, let's get some perspective here.  We have a brand new staff playing major catchup at the end of a recruiting season for a program that's been largely irrelevant since these recruits can remember.  You get what you can, lick your wounds, and kick butt in 2019.

This is reasonable

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 21, 2018, 06:18:13 pm
[/b]

Well, that's not really true. But what is true is that evaluation of the staff still matters as well.

So, these recruiting services would exist without their paid subscriptions?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 03:32:13 pm
How did we find him?

From what I understand, Chavis has been on him awhile, maybe as a fall back in case he was retained at A&M and they lost DaShaun White. They did lose White to OU after Chavis left. I read somewhere that he was close to offering him at A&M FWIW.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

liljo

Thanks for choosing Arkansas! We are glad to have you! WPS!!!!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

870rzrback

New high school. New athletics program. Not a very big school. Their football teams record is something like 3 and 27 the last 3 years. Not many reasons for recruiters to go to that school. Most have probably never heard of it. I think we got really lucky that somehow chief found him. With his measurables looks like we found a gem no one else knew about.  He's probably really raw but we do have a good linebacker coach now