Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leading the SEC in average margin of defeat

Started by Springfield_MO_Razorback, January 18, 2018, 11:36:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Springfield_MO_Razorback

When we lose, we do it big. This list is factoring the average margin of defeat for the whole season, not just conference play. Is it too much to ask to be half way competitive each night instead of this jekyll and hyde crap? Don't have to win them all but at least keep things respectable.

Arkansas           -15.8
Miss State         -11.5
South Car.         -11
LSU                  -10.3
Vanderbilt         -10.2
Auburn              -9.5
Texas A&M         -9.5
Alabama            -8.3
Georgia             -8.2
Ole Miss            -8.1
Kentucky           -7.7
Florida              -6.8
Missouri            -6.4
Tennessee         -6

PonderinHog

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 18, 2018, 11:44:43 am
Well, we're #1 at something, right ???

Now your thinking! Glass half full right? If you flip the script we could be considered dead last in this category lol!

Wild Bill Hog

Beaverfever

Embarrassing.  At least we got that top 25 ranking that one week. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 18, 2018, 12:22:37 pm
Embarrassing.  At least we got that top 25 ranking that one week. 

Banner in the gym and t-shirts for everybody.  Tell that bear to look out.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 18, 2018, 12:26:48 pm
I think that was the main goal for this year's team.  Ever since they cracked the top 25 the bear has been having his way for sure.  I guess sometimes you just have to lay there and have a good bleed. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 18, 2018, 12:36:44 pm
I think that was the main goal for this year's team.  Ever since they cracked the top 25 the bear has been having his way for sure.  I guess sometimes you just have to lay there and have a good bleed. 

LOL  +1

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 18, 2018, 12:26:48 pm
That bear is getting punked playing in mud trying to guard them when they step off the bus.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on January 18, 2018, 11:36:40 am
When we lose, we do it big.

There's something wrong with this. Blowouts are what good teams do to really bad teams.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogwood

Disgusting. This should be posted in the locker room and in the coaches offices.

ICEman

When we win, which is not often this year, is usually by the 'skin of our teeth'.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

pigture perfect

I hate when we lose. I hate it on a much greater level when we lose like we have been.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Interesting to note that the two teams with the best margin on this list are the only two teams we have beat thus far. Odd occurrence.

hobhog

The loses haven't been competitive. This team has zero confidence and leadership. That's one mans responsibility.

HawgTrough

the gap between #4-13 is smaller than the gap between us and #13. Now that my friends is some kind of special
WPS

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 18, 2018, 03:48:15 pm
the gap between #4-14 is smaller than the gap between us and #3. Now that my friends is some kind of special

Fify

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 18, 2018, 03:48:15 pm
the gap between #4-13 is smaller than the gap between us and #13. Now that my friends is some kind of special

Uncommonly special.

alohawg

Quote from: hogwood on January 18, 2018, 02:21:55 pm
Disgusting. This should be posted in the locker room and in the coaches offices.

Under the header: RESPECT???
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

alohawg

When we lose, we do it big. This list is factoring the average margin of defeat for the whole season, not just conference play. Is it too much to ask to be half way competitive each night instead of this jekyll and hyde crap? Don't have to win them all but at least keep things respectable.

Arkansas           -15.8
Miss State         -11.5
South Car.         -11
Vanderbilt         -10.2
Auburn              -9.5
Texas A&M         -9.5
Alabama            -8.3
Georgia             -8.2
Ole Miss            -8.1
Kentucky           -7.7
Missouri            -6.4
Tennessee         -6

I wanna see Anderson apologist defend this.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: alohawg on January 18, 2018, 04:13:36 pm
I wanna see Anderson apologist defend this.

LOL  Don't hold your breath or wait on dinner.

Justifiable Hogicide

When we lose, we do it big.

Arkansas           -15.8
Miss State         -11.5
South Car.         -11
Vanderbilt         -10.2
Auburn              -9.5
Texas A&M         -9.5
Alabama            -8.3
Georgia             -8.2
Ole Miss            -8.1
Kentucky           -7.7
Missouri            -6.4
Tennessee         -6
This time machine trip to 1994 is a big fail.

Sivad

Quote from: hogwood on January 18, 2018, 02:21:55 pm
They apparently don't discuss anything basketball related in their new practice facility.
Post it in the new ADs office.

mizzouman

I posted when MA was hired that everything will be a roller coaster.  You will have great years followed by bad ones.  You will have great games followed by bad ones.  Even within a game, everything is up and down...streaky.

So, if you want him as a head coach, fans will just have to deal with bad and be happy with the good.  There will be NO consistency.

I would NOT be surprised one bit if the Hogs rattle of 5 or 6 straight wins, then lose to someone like Vanderbilt.  then go on a 3 or 4 game losing streak.

However, I will say this.  Mike's teams play a hell of a lot better against teams that they don't play often, i.e., non conference teams and teams they will face in the NCAAT. 

HogInThaGrove

PonderinHog

What we need to do is lose some more games, by fewer points, and then it won't look so bad...

Logic!