Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it me or?

Started by Hogindasticks, January 14, 2018, 01:20:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

I am noticing all these schools hooked into twitter on all the other coaches playing follow the leader on recruiting?  If so....I know its a great way to communicate with the public...but are you hurting your chances to land a recruit by posting it on twitter?  I am starting to think a heavy hitter like Alabama would use this ro their advantage.

SooieGeneris

Alabama doesn't need any extra advantages. Winning 5 NCs in 9 years or whatever it is and the way those kids are treated like rock stars in the state.

If Nick Saban endorses a product, it probably wouldn't matter what it was, sales in that state would likely skyrocket. Social media is a HUGE thing to these kids, schools ignore that trend at their own risk.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

FraggleHog

IMO, Twitter is a great avenue for communication between coaches, players, recruits and fans. Any time Arkansas is tagged in a tweet by a recruit in regards to an offer, visit, etc. it is seen by other recruits/ potential Hogs. This is a good thing regardless of what the Bama's of the world respond with. The more recruits see us in social media,  the more they see the Hogs as serious players. Arkansas has to do things differently than the blue bloods. Publicity and exposure is a great thing for the Hogs.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hogindasticks

I completely agree....however...if you notice.....if someone gets one offer...they are going to get 3 more shortly

Hogindasticks

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 14, 2018, 01:50:35 am
Alabama doesn't need any extra advantages. Winning 5 NCs in 9 years or whatever it is and the way those kids are treated like rock stars in the state.

If Nick Saban endorses a product, it probably wouldn't matter what it was, sales in that state would likely skyrocket. Social media is a HUGE thing to these kids, schools ignore that trend at their own risk.
But they can sway a recruit away from a school.

Used to be Hooter Nutt's recruiting M O.  If a school with clout offered a Kid, so did Hooter if he could spell the Kids name and figure where to extend the offer.

sigpooie

This is a Bama troll post, see lame post that start it as praise for bama. Who by the way is still the champ of ncaa violations. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

PermianPig

Yeah.  I wonder if Alabama gets the death penalty when its all said and done...

RME

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 14, 2018, 12:51:38 pm
I completely agree....however...if you notice.....if someone gets one offer...they are going to get 3 more shortly

You think a school or coach offers a recruit because they see another school or coach offer said recruit on Twitter?

racinghog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 16, 2018, 01:37:32 pm
You think a school or coach offers a recruit because they see another school or coach offer said recruit on Twitter?
yep....what do you think those extra assistant coach analyst are doing right now?

RME

Quote from: racinghog on January 16, 2018, 07:05:02 pm
yep....what do you think those extra assistant coach analyst are doing right now?

Not that.