Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V = Auburn

Started by flippinhogmana, January 12, 2018, 01:05:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

two minutes to go, tigers miss but get a foul, will shoot two, mason with the foul
1:47 to go, hits the first, and misses the second, ten ;oint game with 1:30 to go and the hogs turn it over
monk fouls on the other end and the tigers to the line, 1:27 to go, hits the first hit and the second the second, eight point game, williams fouled and misses the first, hits the second nien point game with 1;19 to go
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

auburn fouls, and with 1:02 to go and with the hogs ball, mn calls a time out with a nine point lead
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

mason puts up the shot with two on the shot clock, williams gets the board and the stick back, hogs by 11
with 33 seconds to go, hogs foul and itgers to the line hit the first and miss the second, hogs with a ten point lead with that much left, hogs ball

flippinhogmana

swenson nearly turns it over, tied up, and tigers get the ball on a tie up with 17.9 seconds to go
11.1 to go hogs ball with a ten point lead

flippinhogmana

and monk dribbles it out, hogs win by ten on the road

flippinhogmana

January 14, 2018, 06:02:16 pm #55 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:31:14 am by flippinhogmana
mason and Williams lead with 15 (Williams with the double double 14 boards, a lot of them offensive), monk with 14 and Zimmerman with 13. rnb with 7, thomas with 4

flippinhogmana

hogs now 9th in the conference at 2-3

psycHOGlogist

Really excited about this win, especially since we got nothing from Cosper (is she ok?). I'm impressed with the way we were able to neutralize their pressure defense for most of the game. Glad to Zimmerman find her stroke a bit, and to see Williams fight for the double-double.

Also eager to hear compare this game to last year's, since that seems to be a popular thing to do in some quarters .... ;-)

MoHog74

Great win by the women. Glad to see Zimmerman have another good game, along with her teammates. I'm glad we have Monk to break the press. Good game to watch, but awful hard on an old guy like me. Looking   forward to another win this week against FL. Hopefully the weather will be decent and there'll be a good crowd. WPS

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on January 14, 2018, 06:33:41 pm
Really excited about this win, especially since we got nothing from Cosper (is she ok?). I'm impressed with the way we were able to neutralize their pressure defense for most of the game. Glad to Zimmerman find her stroke a bit, and to see Williams fight for the double-double.

Also eager to hear compare this game to last year's, since that seems to be a popular thing to do in some quarters .... ;-)

you devil you psych, no taunting!

Sow’sEar

Great job!  Any updates on Cosper's foot?

flippinhogmana

the only team that has won at home this weekend (so far with one game to go on Monday) is Ms State.  Georgia won, LSU won and we won on the road.  That has to be a rare thing.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Lulu Hog on January 14, 2018, 07:10:24 pm
Great job!  Any updates on Cosper's foot?

Mn said in post game that he was sure she would be ready thursday against florida,   but I would imagine its really too soon to tell.

HognitiveDissonance

I'm impressed so far.
We have taken some beatdowns overall but I thought almost every SEC game would be a beatdown this year.
So to already have two SEC wins seems good to me.

flippinhogmana

January 15, 2018, 03:50:50 am #64 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:05:03 am by flippinhogmana
A bit of stats - the hogs out rebounded the tigers 39-33 (offensive boards too, 17-16)
They had 12 turnovers, the tigers had 15
Monk played all 40 minutes, mason was on the court 38, Williams played her most minutes yet, 27

Monk had fourteen on 4-13 from the field (2-6 from 3), 4-4 from the line, four assists, five boards

Mason lead in points (tied with Williams), assists (5) and turnovers (6).  She took some chances with interior feeds that resulted in turnovers, but also resulted in some nifty feeds to Williams and Thomas that were perhaps the difference in the game.  She was 6-12 from the field (3-6 from 3).

Williams had as many offensive boards as the did defensive ones (seven of her 14)

Zimmerman played 35 minutes, and along with her 13 points, had eight boards, a couple of assists, only three turnovers and had the hogs only block - by far her best game as a razorback.  All her shots were threes (3-8) and she was 4-6 from the line.

Rnb (28 minutes) and Thomas's (13 minutes) contributions were timely and hard fought.  Rnb had 7 pts, 6 boards, 3 assists

Thomas only had four points and a couple of boards, but she fought hard, played good defense and both her buckets (2-3) were timely.

to pick a most valuable player from the game from among Zimmerman, Williams, Monk and Mason would be next to impossible.  It was really a team effort. 

LadybackBBFan

I guess we have more than two players - Cosper and Monk!  Zimmerman,  what can I say!  I have been wrong about her.  She is a gamer and a team player.  Glad to see her have some success.  I hope we can beat Florida even if we do not have Cosper.  I think we will hear something today.  Ankle sprains can be worse than a break - especially if it is a high ankle sprain.  I do not know what it is, but I doubt that she will play this week.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on January 15, 2018, 06:56:38 am
I guess we have more than two players - Cosper and Monk!  Zimmerman,  what can I say!  I have been wrong about her.  She is a gamer and a team player.  Glad to see her have some success.  I hope we can beat Florida even if we do not have Cosper.  I think we will hear something today.  Ankle sprains can be worse than a break - especially if it is a high ankle sprain.  I do not know what it is, but I doubt that she will play this week.

I have had those high ankle sprains - if they hurt as bad as it looked that is what it was - almost always occurs when part of your foot comes down on another players shoe, which is what looks like happened.   You are usually out a minimum of a week.  But then she had immediate medical attention, and we have so much more knowledge and equipment to deal with it than in my playing days.