Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am not convinced we can beat Missouri?

Started by HeyHogs, January 11, 2018, 09:58:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Missouri is playing well and we are not.  If we don't beat Missouri then MA will be in serious trouble.

3of5-2

I predicted we would blow out LSWho, and since I suck at predicting what this team will do, I want waste anyone's time. I'm not going, and I don't think I will even watch. Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised when I check back with HV.

hoglady

If we play like we did last night - we won't beat Missouri or anyone else for that matter.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Right now I believe the advantage goes to Arkansas. Missouri lives and dies by the 3. Your full court press will cause us a lot of  issues on the perimeter. While some games I think Mizzou looks really good, they are not consistent. They have blown double digit leads too often. As a MU fan, out of emotional self defense, I go into games assuming we will lose and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. That's what the 3 yrs of Kim Anderson as a coach has done to me. Obviously I want the Tigers to win, but I foresee Hogs win by 13.

hogcards

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 11, 2018, 09:58:15 pm
Missouri is playing well and we are not.  If we don't beat Missouri then MA will be in serious trouble.

No, Hogs win their next 6.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

razorpimp

They will win Saturday by double digits....I've  read Mike's comments and he isn't happy....unfortunately after their win they will get beat by Florida.....

popcornhog

We won't beat them if we play like we have over the last 3 games.

If we play like we were playing prior to MSU, we'll win by double digits.

No doubt it is now a HUGE game. Gotta stop the bleeding.

Lunardi has us down to a seven seed now. We don't want that to keep falling to bubble team, which could happen if we don't get it together.
WPS

hobhog

I don't know how anyone can be convinced about anything with this team anymore. Win by 20, lose by 20. Who knows?

Danny J

Quote from: hobhog on January 12, 2018, 08:17:58 am
I don't know how anyone can be convinced about anything with this team anymore. Win by 20, lose by 20. Who knows?
Yep back on the roller coaster once again

Little Lady Back

I will be at the Bud Saturday cheering for the Hogs, win or lose. Hoping for a much better showing than what we've witnessed the last few weeks. WPS!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hogsanity

I'm convinced they CAN beat Missouri, but I am not convinced they WILL.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

netteltonhog

Mikes philosophy is outdated. He either can't or refuses to make game time adjustments. Missouri beats us like a drum with outside shooting that we can't guard. Gafford will spend all his time switching to cover the point guard at the top of the key and be out of position most of the game because of it.

RacinRazorback

Sadly this is so true! We can't keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result!

Razorbackers

urkillnmesmalls

If the shooting doesn't improve, and we don't move our feet and get in front of someone on defense....I'm not convinced we can beat ANYONE.   :(    When your whole philosophy is based on intensity, and you play without it, you get the results we've seen in the last three games. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

roothawg

The Hogs CD an beat anybody if they would play team bball and play defense

pigture perfect

The sad fact is, I won't watch or care about this basketball team until they win 2 or 3 in a row. Why should I be more emotional about the team losing than the coach.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Vegas has Hogs by 5-1/2 in this. I bet it stretches during the day. I am pretty sure Arkansas rebounds from the skid on this one. It will be interesting to see if the refs allow the kids to play. If not, it could be a long evening of watching both teams miss free throws.

parallaxpig

Interested to see if we see next chapter in MA playbook. He likes to run out the string on man to man defense until he fills team not capable. Then he switches to a match up zone. I believe we have seen this every year.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Letsroll1200

Don't be shock if there's a change in the line up. We need this game.

Rbill

hobhog

Guessing it will be less than full arena. I have heard a lot of frustrated people deciding to pass on going. I'm going to waste my time at Oaklawn instead myself.

upperdeck_hawg

Mizz is better than LSU and Miss St. They are probably as good as Au
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Pigasaurus

Looking at the schedule coming up,  we lose 6/7 if they don't pull it back together.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

hog47

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on January 12, 2018, 05:22:37 am
Right now I believe the advantage goes to Arkansas. Missouri lives and dies by the 3. Your full court press will cause us a lot of  issues on the perimeter. While some games I think Mizzou looks really good, they are not consistent. They have blown double digit leads too often. As a MU fan, out of emotional self defense, I go into games assuming we will lose and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. That's what the 3 yrs of Kim Anderson as a coach has done to me. Obviously I want the Tigers to win, but I foresee Hogs win by 13.

I think your delusional