Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are 2 things you wish you could change regarding Razorback Football?

Started by Sweet Feet, January 11, 2018, 04:13:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Steef on January 12, 2018, 09:31:24 am
We thumped Texas pretty good in the Texas Bowl.

Beat a highly ranked LSU team twice when we shouldn't.

And while it wasn't a BIG game....the Ole Miss lateral to Alex is etched in my memory forever.
I guess beating LSU to earn the right to go to the Sugar Bowl would be the biggest.  I don't consider that Texas bowl a big game.  Beating LSU Nutt's final game wouldn't be a big game to me because it didn't get us anywhere except for a date with Missouri in a minor Cotton Bowl.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PharmacistHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 09:28:32 am
Have we won a big game since beating Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl?

Im saying if nutt wins sec championship then petrino is never here to take us to the sugar bowl.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Steef

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 12, 2018, 09:35:18 am
Im saying if nutt wins sec championship then petrino is never here to take us to the sugar bowl.
I know I'm just asking for help remembering.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Steef on January 12, 2018, 09:38:13 am
Sacrilege!!

Beating Texas is in our DNA.
I didn't move to Arkansas until 1987.  Really got to be fanatic status in about 1992.  Texas doesn't mean to me what it does to others.  I would argue that the win in Austin (2004 I think) was a bigger game than the Texas Bowl.  Certainly, the 2000 Cotton Bowl was bigger.  IMO. 

GringoHog

I would say the 2 biggest things that have negatively affected the direction of the Razorback program are:

#1 - Hiring Smile as the interim to replace Bobby P
#2 - Reggie Fish's fumble.

Take away Fish's fumble and Arkansas is the 2006 SEC Champs and possibly a berth in the NC Game.  Just having an SEC championship under our belts would be huge.

Of course, take away Bobby P's bimbos and that helps,; but even after the motorcycle wreck, we could've made 1,000,000 hires that would've been better than John L. Smith.

Even after Stoerner's fumble we slipped up to Mississippi State.  That was and is a big one, but I don't think either are as big as having a HC who didn't know what state he was in, and Reggie Fish's fumble.  With bost instances, we were on the cusp of greatness.
"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: beardedgeego on January 12, 2018, 09:42:40 am
I would say the 2 biggest things that have negatively affected the direction of the Razorback program are:

#1 - Hiring Smile as the interim to replace Bobby P
#2 - Reggie Fish's fumble.

Take away Fish's fumble and Arkansas is the 2006 SEC Champs and possibly a berth in the NC Game.  Just having an SEC championship under our belts would be huge.

Of course, take away Bobby P's bimbos and that helps,; but even after the motorcycle wreck, we could've made 1,000,000 hires that would've been better than John L. Smith.

Even after Stoerner's fumble we slipped up to Mississippi State.  That was and is a big one, but I don't think either are as big as having a HC who didn't know what state he was in, and Reggie Fish's fumble.  With bost instances, we were on the cusp of greatness.
Like, Pharm said, If Nutt wins that 2006 SECCG Bob Petrino never coaches a game at Arkansas. 

hogcards

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 09:15:39 am
1.) Hiring Jeff Long.
2.) Reggie Fish returning any punts.

Agree 1000% with the hiring of Long.  Far and away the worst thing to ever happen to Razorback football.

However, I think we have a few other "tragedies" ahead of the Fish play. Things we had actual control over i.e. allowing Holtz to "leave", not giving Pete Carroll a good look, not hiring J.J., firing Petrino, allowing morons to give other morons millions of dollars behind everyone's back in the form of a buyout, Hiring J.L. Smith, hiring Bielema...  several others.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogsanity

Destroyed #1 Texas in Fayetteville in I think 81 ( maybe 82 ) beat then 42-11. That was a big game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 09:43:41 am
Like, Pharm said, If Nutt wins that 2006 SECCG Bob Petrino never coaches a game at Arkansas. 

That would have been fine with some of us. The sad thing is that Arkansas was poised to get on a roll in 2006 and beyond with Malzahn, the Springdale players, and the great crop of Arkansas players in the pipeline. Mallett may not have come had Mustain stayed, but so what?  Wilson would have.

I said above one thing I'd change is that Voight' book would have never seen the light of day. Publishing Mustain's dork comment was an awful thing to do to a kid. It ruined him. But what I really shod have said is that I wish Nutt wasn't a jealous megalomaniac with a posse who put himself and themselves above the team. Nutt not only got in the way of greatness, he is the reason we are where we are now. Along with Petrino and his motorcycle.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Grizzlyfan

1.  The motorcycle wreck
2.  Letting Chaney/Pittman get away. (Or making them go away, however you view it)

Steef

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 09:41:31 am
I didn't move to Arkansas until 1987.  Really got to be fanatic status in about 1992.  Texas doesn't mean to me what it does to others.  I would argue that the win in Austin (2004 I think) was a bigger game than the Texas Bowl.  Certainly, the 2000 Cotton Bowl was bigger.  IMO.

Sorry to hear it. Hating Texas is half the fun.   ;D

ChicoHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 12, 2018, 08:54:33 am
1. Have Petrino tell the truth to Ling right away and never do that neckbrace press conference. Might have saved his job and might still be the coach here today.

2. I don't care that this isn't football, but hire Bill Self instead of Stan Heath. Think about what our basketball program would be right now. Another NC? How many more Final Fours?
The Self decision is the biggest one of all.  Much worse than any of the football coaching decisions in retrospect.  we are still suffering for it and now are stuck with a mediocre coach again!  Pull the trigger Hunter! 

rzrbaxfan

Maybe...maybe not.  If we win the SEC in 2006, and everything else plays out the same (bowl loss, Gus leaves, players transfer, Frank retires, 0-3 SEC start in 2007), maybe the dominoes still fall that put BP in our laps. You have to remember that there was a LOT of drama behind the scenes around then. Was it drama that would have been swept under the rug with a championship ring?  Who knows.  I agree that it was unlikely that Nutt is let go in this scenario, but it's still possible.

Perhaps my sections were more of a either/or pick.  Those two losses were hard for me to accept (I was at both games in person).  If either of them played out differently, we could say 'we won the SEC' or 'we won a BCS bowl game'.  Either would be a nice accomplishment.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 12, 2018, 08:54:33 am
1. Have Petrino tell the truth to Ling right away and never do that neckbrace press conference. Might have saved his job and might still be the coach here today.

2. I don't care that this isn't football, but hire Bill Self instead of Stan Heath. Think about what our basketball program would be right now. Another NC? How many more Final Fours?

1.  Have people been missing what's going on with Louisville lately?  BP had the returning Heisman trophy winner, and they barely eaked out a winning record.  If he was here, the fans would be in an uproar and convinced that he'd gotten lazy with recruiting, and was just looking for the next job. 

2.  Next to the rant about Native Americans and Columbus, this is the farthest from the topic thus far. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on January 12, 2018, 10:20:03 am
Maybe...maybe not.  If we win the SEC in 2006, and everything else plays out the same (bowl loss, Gus leaves, players transfer, Frank retires, 0-3 SEC start in 2007), maybe the dominoes still fall that put BP in our laps. You have to remember that there was a LOT of drama behind the scenes around then. Was it drama that would have been swept under the rug with a championship ring?  Who knows.  I agree that it was unlikely that Nutt is let go in this scenario, but it's still possible.

Perhaps my sections were more of a either/or pick.  Those two losses were hard for me to accept (I was at both games in person).  If either of them played out differently, we could say 'we won the SEC' or 'we won a BCS bowl game'.  Either would be a nice accomplishment.
If Nutt wins the SECCG in 2006 he most likely gets a new contract and a raise.  He would have deserved it.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Steef on January 12, 2018, 10:09:42 am
Sorry to hear it. Hating Texas is half the fun.   ;D
You gotta let go of that hate, man.   It's about Arkansas not about Texas.  Texas doesn't consider Arkansas to even be a rival.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 09:28:32 am
Have we won a big game since beating Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl?

I think some would say that even though it didn't lead to anything, beating UT in the "rematch" after the Stoernover in 1999 when they were #1, and College GameDay was on campus....was a pretty big win.  Outside of that...no.   :o
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 12, 2018, 10:42:09 am
I think some would say that even though it didn't lead to anything, beating UT in the "rematch" after the Stoernover in 1999 when they were #1, and College GameDay was on campus....was a pretty big win.  Outside of that...no.   :o
That's a top 5 win for me.  Nothing really on the line in that game though.  Except that Tennessee was highly ranked.

hogsanity

Actually wasn't TN #3 going into that game? And that also shows another issue, to the Hogs or their fans, a big win is a revenge game in a 7 or 8 win season. Beating #1 LSu at LSu in 2007 really gained the Hogs nothing.  Beating #1 TExas in 81, Hogs still ended up in the Gator bowl losing to NC in the fog to ended up 8-4. Meanwhile Texas ended up going 10-1-1 and winning the Cotton Bowl to finish ranked #2.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Veritas Arkansas

GameDay wasn't on campus that game.

The only time they've been on campus was the Tennessee game in 2006, when they were #13 and we were #11.  I also remember it being cold as hell that day.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

SouthSide Johnny

Yep what Veritas said ^^^

The last time College GameDay visited every SEC school

ARKANSAS
Date: Nov. 11, 2006
Game: No. 13 Tennessee vs. No. 11 Arkansas

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/last-time-gameday-visited-every-sec-town/
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 11, 2018, 06:25:56 pm
#1 BY FAR is kick the field goal!

I thought we were very near mid-field at the time Clint fumbled. Seems like their back had a pretty long run on their first play after the fumble and the rest is history. At the very least call a timeout and try to regroup with the defense to settle them down.

A VERY close #3 is for Fish to just let the ball hit the ground and get the hell away from it!!!

The debate is always furious on this topic...which really implies the question of "what was the closest we came to another National Championship?" Some comments on Lakecity's list—

The Big Shootout, agree this would be number one—I was too young to remember it at the time, but I've seen the replay a few times on the Longhorn Network. The end of that game is brutal, so I totally understand how lasting the scars are to those older than me. I've also seen multiple documentaries on the subject. Living in Dallas, it gets brought up every now and then on sports radio. And given the number of discussions here about it, the ONE thing to change (of something that could be controlled) would be kicking the field goal.

That one would truly re-write history in a bigger sense. The post-game video would be of Nixon in our locker room talking to Broyles. And handing him the National Championship plaque. That wouldn't stop undefeated Penn State from bitching, but who cares about them? Here's the twist however—there was still the bowl game to play. But no matter what happened there, we would still have the Championship by 1969 "voting rules."

Stoerner fumble—had that not happened, most likely we win that game. But you can't say that 100%. Here's the bigger issue though...we had more games left, plus the bowl. How confident are we that the Hogs go all the way?

Sure, beating No. 1 Tennessee sounded good, but what's overlooked is the next loss—to Mississippi State. Had we not blown that game, we would have gotten a rematch with the Vols in the SEC Championship game. And that brings up many more scenarios. Avenge the earlier loss, then we'd have the bowl game. If we were voted in the top 2 (likely, but who knows?), we'd play Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl for the title.

Fish's fumble—the reason I've faulted Nutt more than Fish had to do with the situation and what good coaching should've happened there. Wild, tragic things happen in the heat of battle, which is what happened to Fish. But given how confused Urban was going into the punt (he even wasted a timeout), Nutt should have stretched that out. There was no need whatsoever to make a play...he could have let a rare Urban screw-up linger. Nutt should have left the defense on the field, and not even had anyone back to receive the punt. It hits the ground, they down it, so what? But could we have still hung on?

Moving on from this game, given how badly we were beaten by USC in the opener, would we have been voted to the National Championship game? Big question.

2 other thoughts—here are a couple sure things, given how the rest of these seasons went. One is the 1977 loss to Texas...either we hold Earl Campbell on the screen pass, or, the ref calls the obvious facemask on Ron Calcagni's run, as we were approaching the red zone.

Last, I sure wanted Steve Atwater to hang onto the interception against No. 3 Miami's Steve Walsh. If the Hogs win, we went undefeated in the regular season. Everything from here on would have been up to the voters and our bowl matchup. It certainly wouldn't have been UCLA, the Cotton Bowl would have brought in one of the top 3 or 4 teams. We couldn't handle the Bruins and Aikman, but would we have fared better vs someone else?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BroyledNutts

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 11, 2018, 08:33:33 pm
NWA...particularly fville/rogers/sdale/bville has a lot of big city/urban influences from an influx of out of staters the past few years. So his argument is NWA culture isn't like the rest of the state. Prob a lot of truth there if people are honest.

It is an interesting argument that can be tied back to the OP of one of two things if you could change something. What if the campus would've been planted in Little Rock and not Fayetteville from the get go? I can see a strong argument that if the campus were in Little Rock we would have an easier time recruiting in the SEC.

That was part of the intent of my original comment ... either move the campus to an area of the state that would facilitate improved recruiting, or move the recruiting centers that would improve the program closer to Fayetteville ... this is a imaginary exercise, after all ... I'm not sure how PorkSoda translated that to mean move the university to another state.

Boog41

Quote from: hogcards on January 12, 2018, 09:49:18 am
Agree 1000% with the hiring of Long.  Far and away the worst thing to ever happen to Razorback football.

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 12, 2018, 10:12:00 am
The Self decision is the biggest one of all.  Much worse than any of the football coaching decisions in retrospect.  we are still suffering for it and now are stuck with a mediocre coach again!  Pull the trigger Hunter! 

Maybe never having John White as Chancellor should be the biggest thing that we wish we could change? He was responsible for both of these.

My second change would be to kick the field goal in the 69 shoot out rather than throwing the interception.

snoblind

I had forgotten the ramifications of that 62 Texas game.  I do remember 66 Cotton Bowl vs. LSU and 69 Texas.

To me, those have to be the top "wish to change".  Beat LSU and we are National Champs.  Win the other 2 and we are #1 and playing for it.

I realize that for the folks who were not around those are not that important.  So while most of these other choices are big and would have helped, none of them compare directly to the importance of those 3.

rogersvillemohog

#1 - KICK THE FIELD GOAL IN 69
#2 - Dylan Breeding kicking a punt out of bounds in 2011 where Tyrann Mathieu couldn't return it 92 yards for a touchdown. Completely changed the dynamics of that Arkansas-LSU game. We probably wouldn't have beat Alabama in the rematch in the National Championship, but you never know.

Honorable Mention:
23 straight instead of 22 straight in 64-65. Beat LSU in the Cotton Bowl, Arkansas wins back to back titles.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

WoooPigBrewie

The playing of the DIAMOND BOWL BABY!  It is time to play Arkansas St., on Labor Day weekend, in Little Rock, every year.

Also, unquestionably a better fit in the Big 12.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

BDSCT51

I'm sticking with the present instead of two "what ifs" from the past.

1. Hope: I wish we could get away from "hoping" we don't get embarrassed and out-coached on the field.

2. Faith: I wish we could get  to having the faith that not only will the Hogs be competitive, but our expectation is to win no matter who nor where we are playing. (OK, this may actually be from the past but I wish we were here today!)
Bleeding Razorback Red

TheRazorback500

Stoerner passes to Lucas for 17 yards and a first down in 1998. (I remember seeing him. He was open.)

A different officiating crew in 2009.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Oklahawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 11, 2018, 11:23:41 pm
Trying to figure out why you injected this here.  If you're referring to WMS, it wasn't a WPA project. The WPA was part of Depression relief and was dissolved in 1943.  We have some great structures in Arkansas like the cabins at White Rock because of it.  Construction on WMS began in 1947 and was completed in 1948.

Quigley Stadium was built by the WPA.  It hosted Razorbacks games between 1935 and 1947 and is still Little Rock Central's home field. 

Thanks for the correction, I had my stadiums mixed up.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2018, 11:47:22 am
Actually wasn't TN #3 going into that game? And that also shows another issue, to the Hogs or their fans, a big win is a revenge game in a 7 or 8 win season. Beating #1 LSu at LSu in 2007 really gained the Hogs nothing.  Beating #1 TExas in 81, Hogs still ended up in the Gator bowl losing to NC in the fog to ended up 8-4. Meanwhile Texas ended up going 10-1-1 and winning the Cotton Bowl to finish ranked #2.

The question was "big games."  I said in my post that it didn't lead to anything....but did any of the others?  The thread got completely away from the topic...and turned from what you would change, to what big wins have we had. 

What kinda sucks...is that in today's game, when we all pine for a great coach to come to the UA, we got Chad Morris.  He may end up being a great coach, but the bottom line is...that's what we're capable of attracting. 

Going back in time and changing things related to hiring different coaches...might have worked, but then again, they might have just had greater success and moved on to a bigger top ten type program faster as a result.  Who knows? 

What is bizarre is that Jimmy Johnson, NC and Super Bowl winning coach, by his OWN admission, wanted to coach here and was never given the reigns.  On its own merit, how in the world can anyone possibly explain a fail that big?   ???

bphi11ips

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 13, 2018, 01:15:41 pm
The question was "big games."  I said in my post that it didn't lead to anything....but did any of the others?  The thread got completely away from the topic...and turned from what you would change, to what big wins have we had. 

What kinda sucks...is that in today's game, when we all pine for a great coach to come to the UA, we got Chad Morris.  He may end up being a great coach, but the bottom line is...that's what we're capable of attracting. 

Going back in time and changing things related to hiring different coaches...might have worked, but then again, they might have just had greater success and moved on to a bigger top ten type program faster as a result.  Who knows? 

What is bizarre is that Jimmy Johnson, NC and Super Bowl winning coach, by his OWN admission, wanted to coach here and was never given the reigns.  On its own merit, how in the world can anyone possibly explain a fail that big?   ???

I don't think it's fair to Chad Morris to describe him as "what we're capable of attracting". First, he was the highest paid OC in the country at Clemson.  Second, he has been succesful everwhere he's been. 

College football fans these days seem consumed with Gruden Syndrome.  Tennessee fans were eat up with it this year.  Many here wanted Kiffin.  Arkansas was prepared to pay Malzahn stupid money to coach Arkansas.  They could have paid a big name or trendy coach to come to Fayetteville and many here would be happier.

What those who hired Chad Morris were concerned about was the right fit.  I don't think they could have done a better job in that regard.  That's the way John Barnhill hired Frank Broyles.  Like Broyles, I get the sense that Chad Morris has a vision for the Razorbacks.  He has his work cut out for him, but you can't help but be impressed with the man thus far.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 10:39:28 am
You gotta let go of that hate, man.   It's about Arkansas not about Texas.  Texas doesn't consider Arkansas to even be a rival.

Damn Longhorns are so stupid and arrogant they let FIVE rivals leave for greener pastures............................and that might not be all before it's all said and done.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Steef

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 12, 2018, 10:39:28 am

1. Wow. That really went over your head.
2. They did when we were in the SWC. Not so much, now.

Boog41

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 13, 2018, 01:15:41 pm

This is one of those hindsight being 20/20 statements. At the time Hatfield was hired, his resume at Air Force was better than Jimmy Johnson's at Oklahoma St..

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Boog41 on January 13, 2018, 04:27:54 pm
This is one of those hindsight being 20/20 statements. At the time Hatfield was hired, his resume at Air Force was better than Jimmy Johnson's at Oklahoma St..

And there was a lot of stuff going on at OSU that had the eyeballs of the NCAA looking down on them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

oldhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 14, 2018, 04:21:49 am
And there was a lot of stuff going on at OSU that had the eyeballs of the NCAA looking down on them.

I think this influenced coach Broyles's decision more that anything.

Johnson was 29-25-3 at Oklahoma State.

Hatfield was 26-32-1 at the Air Force Academy, although he had beaten Notre Dame three consecutive years.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jmark

1.  nutt and his msm bunch fired on the spot for lack of institutional control for the harassment and bullying of the springdale players.

2.  scott inman becomes the voice of the razorbacks instead of frank's "screw the fans" hire of barrett.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

GoHogs1091

1.  Not losing to Texas in 1969 and at least making it respectable against Miami (FL) in 1987 in Little Rock.  The Razorback football program has really never recovered from those 2 games.

2.  Venables being hired in either 2007 or 2012.  If Venables had been hired in 2007, then we wouldn't have gone through the national embarrassment of the Robert Petrino motorcycle incident, and also by hiring Venables in 2007 we wouldn't have gone through the John L. Smith debacle.  If we would have hired Venables in 2012, then we wouldn't have gone through the atrocious 5 seasons of Bielema.

Triple T

In my adult lifetime:

1). Bobby motorcycle
2). Scoop and score in the Sugar Bowl.

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: Sweet Feet on January 11, 2018, 04:13:42 pm
If you could go back in time, what are 2 thing that you would change or prevent happening regarding razorback football?

If I could go back in time, what makes you  think we could change the outcome of a Razorback football game?

Hardly any of us played.

Now, make money on the outcome of Razorback games, yeah I could do that. 
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.