Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

season over???

Started by RacinRazorback, January 11, 2018, 02:16:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RacinRazorback

This season is getting dangerously close to being over! Any good noncon wins are quickly being replaced with bad conference losses! Based on the last 2 weeks this season is over with no hopes of a tourney bid! No leadership on the floor or the bench. Last night was the worse game ever by a razorback team in BWA! Hard to be a Razorback fan these days the product on the floor is unwatchable! I thought we had a legit shot at winning the SEC this year...........NOT! Okay that's enough venting from this fedup hog fan!

hobhog

You will know the answer of fanbase by attendance Saturday.

texhog

At the end of the regular season before selection Sunday the pundits start running down the resume's of bubble teams showing good wins and bad losses.  Arkansas is quickly moving from a team that would have been listed as a "good win" for the resume of any other team who beat them to a "bad loss" for any team who loses to them.  Unless something dramatic changes, I don't see Arkansas even being on the bubble this year.

Atlhogfan1

Long way to go.  14 SEC games and Ok State.  Need 8 more SEC wins.  If at some point, we won't be able to get to 9-9 or 8-10 in the SEC, then the season is over. 

Didn't the team get booed last season in BWA vs Vandy? 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

99toLife

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 02:22:47 pm
Long way to go.  14 SEC games and Ok State.  Need 8 more SEC wins.  If at some point, we won't be able to get to 9-9 or 8-10 in the SEC, then the season is over. 

I agree. The season is no where near over or a bust.

But read below and if that's what you believe,  Mike should be gone after year 7 unless we have a miracle.

"Let's be honest. Arkansas isn't hiring him to go to the Sweet 16, as he did in 2004 with UAB, or even the Elite Eight, as he did with Missouri in 2009.  The bar will be much higher for him than it was at UAB or Missouri..."

lynbug

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 02:22:47 pm

We'll be lucky to make the NIT unless something drastically changes.  After all, we could easily be 0-4 right now.  I will repeat this for future seasons.......we don't need to make any predictions until after 2-3 week of SEC play.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 99toLife on January 11, 2018, 02:29:07 pm
I agree. The season is no where near over or a bust.

But read below and if that's what you believe,  Mike should be gone after year 7 unless we have a miracle.

"Let's be honest. Arkansas isn't hiring him to go to the Sweet 16, as he did in 2004 with UAB, or even the Elite Eight, as he did with Missouri in 2009.  The bar will be much higher for him than it was at UAB or Missouri..."

Well of course you know that quote isn't from an Arkansas writer.  It was from Kevin Scarbinsky when we hired Mike.  There has never been a set standard or expectation put upon him in Arkansas. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

99toLife

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 02:34:52 pm
Well of course you know that quote isn't from an Arkansas writer.  It was from Kevin Scarbinsky when we hired Mike.  There has never been a set standard or expectation put upon him in Arkansas.

Hogville as a majority thought his hire was the second coming of Lord Nolan.  He ain't Nolan and I thought it was unfair to believe Mike could come anywhere close to the success Nolan had here.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: lynbug on January 11, 2018, 02:33:28 pm
We'll be lucky to make the NIT unless something drastically changes.  After all, we could easily be 0-4 right now.  I will repeat this for future seasons.......we don't need to make any predictions until after 2-3 week of SEC play.

Mike will make changes.  He'll change lineups.  He'll try zone defenses.  Something will work just in time. 

There is a 3 game stretch in the second half of the season which should result in 3 straight wins:  SC, Vandy and at OM.  Then back home vs A&M and UK.  This is where if its going to happen, if the answers are found, it happens. 

phadedhawg

mathematically, no, Arkansas has plenty of chances to play their way back into the dance. 

But realistically, it ended 3 minutes after tip off last night. 

40MINSOFHELL

We've seen this before. Arkansas will get hot at just the right time and look like world beaters.

99toLife

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 11, 2018, 02:56:09 pm
We've seen this before. Arkansas will get hot at just the right time and look like world beaters.

Yep and then the next 2 games look like CRAP.  Yes we have seen that before.