Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There needs to be a very hard conversation

Started by FrJoseph, January 11, 2018, 02:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FrJoseph

had at seasons end if not before. At the very least getting some real assistant coaches. At the very most MA retiring. This comes hard for me to say. Nolan attended my dads funeral. I like MA a great deal. The Houston loss and the loss last night should be remembered even if this team goes on a run and backs into the NCAA. A team playing without any fire. Forget the X and O coaching, just not wanting to be there playing is more disturbing. A team with this much talent should never lose by 30 to anyone. Ever.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

hobhog

Do big time boosters care anything about basketball? We are a football school and I understand that, but will the AD get any heat from contributors for underachieving in basketball?

99toLife

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2018, 02:12:56 pm
Do big time boosters care anything about basketball? We are a football school and I understand that, but will the AD get any heat from contributors for underachieving in basketball?

If he does it will be very little.   IMO

FrJoseph

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2018, 02:12:56 pm

I do not have the numbers, however basketball used to be a pretty big revenue sport. It was a concerted effort after the 1998 Football Season that AR was getting away from its "roots" as a football school. One could argue that, outside of a season here or there, it has been neither since that time. Football, even bad football, does indeed drive the revenue now, however. I would think that not being able to sell more than 10k tickets at $25 a pop would be a bit concerning to anyone counting the beans.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

Beaverfever

Last night reminded me of the 56-3 loss to Auburn.  It's one of those losses that just can't be forgiven. 

hobhog

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 11, 2018, 04:16:43 pm
Last night reminded me of the 56-3 loss to Auburn.  It's one of those losses that just can't be forgiven.

Word. It was really bad. Looked like players quit and Anderson had no idea what to do. Meanwhile powerhouse LSU was having a ball, laughing it up.

I can't forgive it.