35 (49.3%)
Kelvin Sampson
36 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Tusks

since the new AD came from there.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The_Iceman

I would look at fired NBA coaches first, such as Donovan then Hoiberg. I'd offer Donovan $5 million or more if it would land him.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 11, 2018, 11:10:05 am
I would look at fired NBA coaches first, such as Donovan then Hoiberg. I'd offer Donovan $5 million or more if it would land him.
Same

Tusks

I haven't really thought about replacements.  I guess I need to change my way of thinking.  I never thought they'd dynamite Jeff Long out so that shows it's entirely possible to dynamite MA out of the HC chair.

He really needs to make the tourney this year.

I will say I'm a huge MA fan and it shows what he's up against with this FBI investigation.  Funneling $100K to players is nothing to scoff at.

But he should have enough players left from the non $100K pool to make the tourney.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HeyHogs

Won't be needed.  MA will get this turned around.  It starts with players knowing their roles and leadership.  Leadership is the toughest obstacle at this point.

Triple T

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 11, 2018, 11:24:12 am
Won't be needed.  MA will get this turned around.  It starts with players knowing their roles and leadership.  Leadership is the toughest obstacle at this point.
With seven seniors on the team, leadership really shouldn't be an issue.

hogsanity

Why? Because Mike is not going anywhere unless Mike wants to. The day he was hired here he was coach until he did not want to be anymore.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

golfinpig

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2018, 11:53:48 am
Why? Because Mike is not going anywhere unless Mike wants to. The day he was hired here he was coach until he did not want to be anymore.
It seems you are right. In my opinion he should have been gone years ago. It looks now like a few good Arkansas kids may extend our misery.

hogsanity

Quote from: golfinpig on January 11, 2018, 12:50:00 pm
It seems you are right. In my opinion he should have been gone years ago. It looks now like a few good Arkansas kids may extend our misery.

another years old acct with almost no posts suddenly pops up to start posting. I gotta ask, how did you even remember your login and password in the 6 yrs between posts?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbkman

Quote from: Triple T on January 11, 2018, 11:49:17 am
With seven seniors on the team, leadership really shouldn't be an issue.

Six seniors

hobhog

Why exactly is that? I keep hearing that said and just don't understand why he is protected. What's his buyout?

BTW- break the bank for Chris Beard.

Beaverfever

lol you don't make a salary of $2 million+ without producing.  MA will be gone as soon as he's no longer good for business.  Now I have no idea when that will be but I know it won't be up to him. 

yocdaddy

Leadership is not something that you can drastically change in half a season, neither is mental toughness.  I look for this team to struggle in close games when the crowd is not giving them energy.  They still might make NCAA tournament with a .500 SEC record.  I'm just not sure we can finish .500 at this point.  If Mizzou beats the wheels off of us on Saturday at home, we are toast.  Turnaround must start Saturday.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Sivad

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 11, 2018, 01:59:49 pm
lol you don't make a salary of $2 million+ without producing.
Au contraire.

claycohog

Not true anymore.  Our new AD was told when hired that he would have to deal with basketball program.  I wanted Mike hired more than anyone but the fact is the type of money he's being paid and no Sweet 16 appearances ain't gonna work much longer.  GOBN is back in full force.  Personally, I hate it but it's probably time.  My gut feeling is after next season at the latest.

Inhogswetrust

If you want Kelvin I'm sure he''ll call you.........................that's what he does.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hobhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2018, 02:21:15 pm
If you want Kelvin I'm sure he''ll call you.........................that's what he does.

Would probably answer that call if I was AD....

98hogs

Sampson is a cheater that will get you on probation.  To even suggest this type of guy shows ignorance.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2018, 02:23:22 pm
Would probably answer that call if I was AD....

I'm guessing you don't know his past and reason he got in the NCAA's doghouse twice. Here's a hint, it has to do with using a phone.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 98hogs on January 11, 2018, 03:01:50 pm
Sampson is a cheater that will get you on probation.  To even suggest this type of guy shows ignorance.

BINGO!

Breems

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 11, 2018, 01:59:49 pm
lol you don't make a salary of $2 million+ without producing.  MA will be gone as soon as he's no longer good for business.  Now I have no idea when that will be but I know it won't be up to him. 

Thank you.

The "MA will be here forever" crowd is Hogville's most annoying cult of masochists. Every year, they pretend we're the only program in the history of college basketball who has hired someone with connections to the school and we would be the first to fire them.

Get over yourselves. Have some pride in your program.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Kevin

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2018, 03:11:00 pm
Thank you.

The "MA will be here forever" crowd is Hogville's most annoying cult of masochists. Every year, they pretend we're the only program in the history of college basketball who has hired someone with connections to the school and we would be the first to fire them.

Get over yourselves. Have some pride in your program.

if he does not make the ncaa tournament this year, does he get fired?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Wooderson

I personally want to see Mike turn this around, but if he doesn't at some point you have to make a move.

Can we all agree on one point, and that is when the decision is made you better have your replacement already lined up. I do not understand firing a coach and running through a three week hiring process. Have the right person signed before you ever yank the plug on an established coach.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Breems

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 03:12:10 pm
if he does not make the ncaa tournament this year, does he get fired?

Most likely not, especially with a new AD. I would have the same answer for any coach at AR right now considering where we were 8 years ago. There's only 1 SEC school that could really consider firing their coach if they shared our results over the past 3-4 years.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2018, 03:26:48 pm
Most likely not, especially with a new AD. I would have the same answer for any coach at AR right now considering where we were 8 years ago. There's only 1 SEC school that could really consider firing their coach if they shared our results over the past 3-4 years.

Only 2 other SEC schools exceed our proven ceiling and history and one of those cares much more about football.  If no NCAAT this season, it would be 2 NCAAT trips and 2 NCAAT wins in 4 seasons.  That would get any coach at AR fired 7 seasons in. 

Actually the only thing Fl has on us is the 2nd NC. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: Wooderson on January 11, 2018, 03:25:44 pm
I personally want to see Mike turn this around, but if he doesn't at some point you have to make a move.

Can we all agree on one point, and that is when the decision is made you better have your replacement already lined up. I do not understand firing a coach and running through a three week hiring process. Have the right person signed before you ever yank the plug on an established coach.
I've been saying for years that we should keep mike around for the time being and keep our ears and eyes open.  As soon as we can make a big hire we make the change.  CMA has done a decent job making the program semi-relevant again but we all know he has a ceiling.  It's time to start being smart.  Our new AD was a basketball guy so hopefully he knows a few things about the game. 

Atlhogfan1

SEC basketball NCAAT history:

UK 56 NCAATs,  124 wins, 17 Final 4's, 8 NC's
Hogs 31 NCAATs, 42 wins, 6 F4's, 1 NC
Florida 18 NCAATs, 48 wins, 5 F4's, 2 NC's

Mizzou 25, 22 wins
LSU 21, 4 F4's
Tenn 20
Bama 19
Vandy 15
A&M 13
Miss St 10, 1 F4
UGa 10, 1 F4
SC 9, 1 F4
AU 8
OM 8

We've been to 10 NCAAT since the 95 R-up season - our "slump".  Or as many or more than 5 SEC programs ever have.  The expectations and standards are only fluid and kept lowered for one reason. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 03:35:13 pm
Actually the only thing Fl has on us is the 2nd NC. 

And the fact that both NCs weren't from the early 90s, and they had sustained success with Billy Donovan while we jacked around with Heath and Pelphrey, letting our program completely die in the process.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 98hogs on January 11, 2018, 03:01:50 pm
an emphatic "AMEN" from the choir is required on the above post....I can smell Kelvin Sampson from where I sit in Texarkana, Texas....Samspon reeks with the smell of foul air.....the same type smell of Pavlov's CR (conditioned response)...the NCAA gets a whiff of this guy and the investigators begin to salivate
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

TebowHater

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 11, 2018, 04:00:16 pm
an emphatic "AMEN" from the choir is required on the above post....I can smell Kelvin Sampson from where I sit in Texarkana, Texas....Samspon reeks with the smell of foul air.....the same type smell of Pavlov's CR (conditioned response)...the NCAA gets a whiff of this guy and the investigators begin to salivate

So we hired an AD who hired a cheater? Honestly don't know anything about this, but interesting if so.

Beaverfever

We can sell out an arena that seats 19k if we're borderline top 25 and an NCAAT lock.  I don't think there are 5 other programs in the country that could pull that off.  Our instate talent isn't a handicap like it is in football.  It's simply unacceptable for us to not be a consistent top 25 team.  Last night made me angry.  The fans have been completely supportive of CMA and the team and last night a senior-laden team embarrassed our program. 

soso

I make Gregg Marshall tell me no three times before I move on to the next guy.

Beaverfever

Quote from: soso on January 11, 2018, 04:08:59 pm
Wichita State moving to the AAC might not have been his preference.  I think you have to make him a very legit offer if he's even a little ready to move on from Wichita State. 

Kevin

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2018, 03:26:48 pm

i disagree, no other coach would be able to go 2 tournament in 8 years. just fired a football coach after he went to 3 straight bowls, then had a 4-8 record. if he would have been an arkansas guy he would still be here.

this is exactly why i didn't want anderson hired.  he will be here for life no matter what.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

hobhog

Quote from: soso on January 11, 2018, 04:08:59 pm

Breems

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 05:04:11 pm
i disagree, no other coach would be able to go 2 tournament in 8 years. just fired a football coach after he went to 3 straight bowls, then had a 4-8 record. if he would have been an arkansas guy he would still be here.

this is exactly why i didn't want anderson hired.  he will be here for life no matter what.

"No matter what."

So you 100% believe that if Mike misses the tournament the next 3 seasons, he'll still be here?

If you believe that, you're too far gone and I can't help you.

Pigsear

When year 14?

Kevin

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2018, 06:35:34 pm
"No matter what."

So you 100% believe that if Mike misses the tournament the next 3 seasons, he'll still be here?

3 years maybe. He might decide to retire.

Like it is

Hoggish1

Donovan hasn't been fired.  Where are you getting this stuff?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2018, 12:52:00 pm
another years old acct with almost no posts suddenly pops up to start posting. I gotta ask, how did you even remember your login and password in the 6 yrs between posts?
guarantee you he had to get a "forgot password" email.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

razorpimp

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2018, 06:35:34 pm
"No matter what."

If Mike does not make the tourney this year (which I fully expect he will) then he will be gone after 3 years...the next couple of teams after this year will be Baaaaadddddd

Yurachek is not going to fire Anderson 4 months after he gets to campus.

99toLife

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 03:51:46 pm
SEC basketball NCAAT history:

UK 56 NCAATs,  124 wins, 17 Final 4's, 8 NC's
Hogs 31 NCAATs, 42 wins, 6 F4's, 1 NC
Florida 18 NCAATs, 48 wins, 5 F4's, 2 NC's

Mizzou 25, 22 wins
LSU 21, 4 F4's
Tenn 20
Bama 19
Vandy 15
A&M 13
Miss St 10, 1 F4
UGa 10, 1 F4
SC 9, 1 F4
AU 8
OM 8

We've been to 10 NCAAT since the 95 R-up season - our "slump".  Or as many or more than 5 SEC programs ever have.  The expectations and standards are only fluid and kept lowered for one reason.

We've have won 5 NCAAT games in the last 20 years. Only 2 SEC Teams have won less in that span. It's easy not to get over enthusiastic until we see some results.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Mr. Porkleone

I like Chris Beard. Arkansas would be a step up form Tech. 2.5 million would bring him or at least have him turn it down.

Bill self might be ready for a change now. Who knows?

razorzapp

UA can't fire Mike.  It would make Nolan mad.....

99toLife

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 13, 2018, 12:26:48 pm
I like Chris Beard. Arkansas would be a step up form Tech. 2.5 million would bring him or at least have him turn it down.

Bill self might be ready for a change now. Who knows?

Now that right there is funny, I don't care what you say!  ;)

hog47

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 05:04:11 pm

Are you kidding?? Any person can see that our football program was going backward and needed a change. We're not competitive in our BB games we look  lost. I can accept a loss if we're close and just got beat by a better team that night. However,  we're just getting blown out. Not competitive at all, look lost,  un-prepared.  That's coaching. It's time for a change. I really like coach Anderson,  but he's no Nolan and he's trying to mirror him when that style just doesn't work with the rules changes that we have today. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: golfinpig on January 11, 2018, 12:50:00 pm

I like Mike but not his coaching. I am hoping with a new AD he might expect more from him.  I think a lot will depends on fans and booster's money.