Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This One Hurts

Started by hogwood, January 11, 2018, 10:23:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

As a realistic fan who expects some road losses, especially in the first half of the season, last week didn't bother me too much - though I really think we should've beat MSU... But this LSU loss at home is the kind of loss that just hurts your feelings. I feel disgusted in my stomach. I fell in love with this team when we whooped Oklahoma, a top 10 team this year. Beating UConn, a program who has won 3 championships since 2000 was a thrill as well even though they suck this year. We literally looked like an elite 8 team. Gafford was amazing and our backcourt had fire. The Bud was selling out and nobody could deny we were gunning for the top spot on the SEC this year. I don't know what's happened now. I am kind of heart broken as I put so much stock in this team early on. I haven't lost all hope. I know we could very well turn it around. But I'm staying off here until we hit a 3 game win streak or reach 20 wins. Good luck Hogville.

Hoggish1

We have regressed and the SEC is a beast.  Is this the eighth year? 

LRHawg

The fans are crying out for a good basketball team. There was probably 16-18k fans at Bud yesterday to watch that turd being laid. The fans will show if Mike can just deliver a good team. I thought this team was it, but some cracks are starting to show. Once again, Mike is going to have to regroup and try and pull the team back together. All the excitement from the pre-conf games and the TN win is pretty much now dead.

lstewart

I completely understand, and that's pretty much how I feel. We go to all the home games, and I really thought we were going to be good this year. I too expect to lose some on the road, but even thought Tennessee looked better than us in our one win. Mike has a history of this kind of slump and getting it back going. That said, I can't imagine us being all that good.... maybe just getting it together enough to slip into the tournament. I thought this could be the year with the way we played early.  As bad as we are looking now, and with the schedule coming up, getting to 9-9 in the SEC might be difficult.

King Kong

nwahogfan1

The next few weeks will tell us what kind of character this team has and if we have any senior leadership on the team.

I am not holding out a lot of hope for a monster year but I know we are better than we showed last night.  I hope Mike can do something to fire this team up.  We will see. 

Mike was not my 1st choice when he was hired but I like Mike as a person.   He seems like a nice man and a good father figure for the kids. 

I think next years class has saved Mike for now but he needs to more the bar upward or his seat will get very warm.

hogsanity

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 11, 2018, 10:52:13 am
The next few weeks will tell us what kind of character this team has and if we have any senior leadership on the team.

I am not holding out a lot of hope for a monster year but I know we are better than we showed last night.  I hope Mike can do something to fire this team up.  We will see. 

Mike was not my 1st choice when he was hired but I like Mike as a person.   He seems like a nice man and a good father figure for the kids. 

I think next years class has saved Mike for now but he needs to more the bar upward or his seat will get very warm.

Same story every year. He either does just enough to get in the NCAAT, or has a "special" class coming in so we need to wait and see what happens with that.

Mike Anderson at Ar was defined by the team in Portis' Fr year. Simply needing a split at a pathetic Bama and in the 1st rnd of the SECT to make the NCAAT they went to Bama and got absolutely boot stomped, then lost in the 1st rnd of the sect.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

40MINSOFHELL

The team looks defeated and last night it showed. Looks like we have given up.

40MINSOFHELL

We have seen this before though. Arkansas will catch fire towards end of season and look like world beaters.

Atlhogfan1

Remaining schedule:

Mizzou - must win
at Florida
OM - must win
at UGa
Ok St
at A&M
at LSU
SC - must win
Vandy - must win
at OM - must win
A&M
UK
at Bama
AU
at Mizzou

IMO - we must win the 5 I have noted.  Gets us to 6 SEC wins.  Have to win minimum 3 more to be in NCAAT before SECT.  There is a chance to have some good momentum heading into the A&M and UK home games. 

Would not want to be at 7-8 in the SEC with at Bama, AU and at Mizzou left. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.