Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two things I saw last night that won't be able to forget.....

Started by hobhog, January 11, 2018, 08:15:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

The TV shot of the crowd leaving in droves with 4 minutes left, and the shot of the LSU team huddled during the timeout with minute and half left LAUGHING with thier coach.

IN OUR OWN ARENA!

We just got laughed out of our own gym.

We could win out and I will always know deep inside that our coach is capable of complete embarrassment at any time. He needs to be fired - he has lost this team and fan base for good.

bkjbearcat

All that excitement vanished in three straight games. Year seven no better then year one.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

lstewart

I was there. We left with a minute left and it was like leaving a women's game. Very few left in the gym. LSU put in their walk-ons with a couple of minutes left. How bad is that....  at home getting killed and the 5:10 white kids come in with a few minutes left!

PermianPig

I agree.  Its time to consider options to move on from Mike. 

hogsanity

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 11, 2018, 08:17:49 am
Year seven no better then year one.

still losing games the exact same way as in year 1 is what I find so exasperating.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

For the first time this season, I saw a Hog basketball team last night that looked like their confidence has been severely shaken. That's not good. Mike Anderson has his work cut out for him because it isn't going to get any easier the rest of the season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorpimp

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 08:32:21 am
For the first time this season, I saw a Hog basketball team last night that looked like their confidence has been severely shaken. That's not good. Mike Anderson has his work cut out for him because it isn't going to get any easier the rest of the season.

Yep this isn't the crappy SEC of his first 6 years!  Every team has improved their coaching except Ole Miss and Arkansas of course

EastexHawg

It's time to forget our ridiculous obsession with hawgball and get a real basketball coach.  Actually, it was time to forget about trying to get into our DeLorean time machine go back to the 90s before we hired Mike.  Corliss, Scotty, Corey, and Clint aren't coming back no matter how much we pine for the good ol' days. 

hobhog

Quote from: razorpimp on January 11, 2018, 08:34:17 am
Yep this isn't the crappy SEC of his first 6 years!  Every team has improved their coaching except Ole Miss and Arkansas of course

There isn't a team in SEC that would hire Anderson. That's all we need to know.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2018, 08:40:50 am
There isn't a team in SEC that would hire Anderson. That's all we need to know.

If MA gets fired after this year he won't go to a power five team. He'll go to a Missouri Valley or Ohio Valley school like Rick Ray. Maybe Mountain West at the most. MA will be a great HC at Drake, but not at Arkansas.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogsanity

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 11, 2018, 08:48:08 am
If MA gets fired after this year he won't go to a power five team. He'll go to a Missouri Valley or Ohio Valley school like Rick Ray. Maybe Mountain West at the most. MA will be a great HC at Drake, but not at Arkansas.

No he would not be a great HC at Drake. Places like that want a coach that COACHES basketball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sivad

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 11, 2018, 08:48:08 am
Why would they want him, they don't have any nostalgic attachment to Nolan.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hobhog on January 11, 2018, 08:15:27 am
The TV shot of the crowd leaving in droves with 4 minutes left, and the shot of the LSU team huddled during the timeout with minute and half left LAUGHING with thier coach.

IN OUR OWN ARENA!

We just got laughed out of our own gym.

We could win out and I will always know deep inside that our coach is capable of complete embarrassment at any time. He needs to be fired - he has lost this team and fan base for good.

First time in my history that I turned the tube off at the half and didn't return for the 2nd.

Ironhawg

I'm going to wait for the rest of the season to play out, but last night was a big blow to my confidence in MA.  That team last night was in total disarray.  Their confidence is gone.  If they lose to Mizzou, this season could head south in a hurry.
That being said, I just don't see Mike ever being fired.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 11, 2018, 08:54:11 am
If they lose to Mizzou, this season could head south in a hurry.

I believe it has gone there already and it was in a hurry!

rzrbkman

I'm going to wait for the rest of the season to play out, but last night was a big blow to my confidence in MA.  That team last night was in total disarray.  Their confidence is gone.  If they lose to Mizzou, this season could head south in a hurry.

If they lose to Missouri I think they will for sure lose the next game at Florida.

GuvHog

Don't underestimate the New AD. Mike is in a vulnerable position now because he no longer has Jeff Long covering his backside.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ChicoHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 11, 2018, 08:39:07 am
It's time to forget our ridiculous obsession with hawgball and get a real basketball coach.  Actually, it was time to forget about trying to get into our DeLorean time machine go back to the 90s before we hired Mike.  Corliss, Scotty, Corey, and Clint aren't coming back no matter how much we pine for the good ol' days. 
Exactly.  As long as Anderson is HC these games will continue to happen way more often than they should.  Basketball is all about making shots but when the shots aren't falling you can't just give up.  Will Wade is already a more consistent coach than MA and this is his first season in the SEC. 

The NewEra

Hunter Yurachek's first major coaching decision will be what to do with Mike Anderson.  Anderson has been here far too long for us to witness the type of performance we saw from this team last night, and the past three games combined.

cityhog

New leadership in the AD's office with no connection to the past. It could happen.

Jim Harris

Quote from: lstewart on January 11, 2018, 08:26:28 am
I was there. We left with a minute left and it was like leaving a women's game. Very few left in the gym. LSU put in their walk-ons with a couple of minutes left. How bad is that....  at home getting killed and the 5:10 white kids come in with a few minutes left!

I wasn't watching as media, just "enjoying" a game in the stands. We left 4-5 minutes into the second half. When they didn't come out with enough fire to win the first 5 minutes of the second half and try to turn the game around, it was obvious they had checked out. Hugo's was good though as usual. We'd have missed Hugo's if we stuck around to watch LSU's coach and players laughing.

I went to last year's Oklahoma State game in Stillwater. That was similar to this.  I chalked that up to just a bad day on the road. Not sure what I can chalk last night up to.  You would think after two straight road losses and pretty much a bad showing at Auburn, they would have come out with some fire to get back on the right side.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: The NewEra on January 11, 2018, 09:54:57 am
Hunter Yurachek's first major coaching decision will be what to do with Mike Anderson.  Anderson has been here far too long for us to witness the type of performance we saw from this team last night, and the past three games combined.

The good news maybe is that the first game to really pay much attention to him, the night that Stacy Lewis and the chancellor went down to Houston to visit with him, he got to see the Anderson and the Hogs lay a monster egg against the average Coogs. Probably not a great first impression.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

cal34

The thing that got me was watching Mike walk off the court after the game putting chap stick on his lips.  He didn't look very upset about getting spanked at home.  I guess they can use the long season excuse for awhile.

Kevin

we hired a guy that cannot be fired

they will just keep lowering the expectations
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BDSCT51

The biggest take away for me was the complete and total failure of the players to get mad about the whole situation. They were absolutely afraid to do anything and I can't imagine why! Getting yelled at by the staff? Getting another foul called? I mean really, if you're mad about what's going on at least when you get a ticky tacky charging call made, make darn sure that defender DOES NOT GET BACK IN FRONT OF YOU THE REST OF THE GAME!

No passion or fire from the players (coaching staff's fault) and no leadership from any teammate on the floor or in the huddle. I don't even recall seeing any of our guys do much smack talking or jawing either. That tells me a lot about the coaches unfortunately, about instilling passion and desire in these young men.
Bleeding Razorback Red

Jimmy

Last night's game should have been a slam dunk for a big time, all out effort from the Hogs.  We'd lost 2 road games and were returning to BWA to right the ship.  Instead, we got an effort that was a colossal embarrassment to all Hog fans.  If Anderson can't motivate his team, in the context of last night's game, he should consider another field.

cityhog

Paul

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 11, 2018, 08:57:54 am
If they lose to Missouri I think they will for sure lose the next game at Florida.
They'll lose to FL regardless of how they do against MO

The NewEra

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 11, 2018, 10:43:25 am
The good news maybe is that the first game to really pay much attention to him, the night that Stacy Lewis and the chancellor went down to Houston to visit with him, he got to see the Anderson and the Hogs lay a monster egg against the average Coogs. Probably not a great first impression.

I was thinking much the same.  Hunter's seen this before.

hobhog

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 10:52:41 am

Why is that?

cjack

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 10:52:41 am

I'm hoping the AD that lowered expectations for years is gone.  I've been a MA fan for most of his time because he brought excitement back to the program.  That excitement peaked after beating Oklahoma and has been going downhill in a hurry since.  It's time to bring a coach in that doesn't just watch most of the game.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: cal34 on January 11, 2018, 10:49:48 am
The thing that got me was watching Mike walk off the court after the game putting chap stick on his lips.  He didn't look very upset about getting spanked at home.  I guess they can use the long season excuse for awhile.
I love these.  Last night was embarrassing but what did you expect or want Anderson to do while walking off the court?  Punch somebody?

The NewEra

If you watched his press conference after the game, Anderson seemed comfortable with explaining away their bad showing.  I would hope there comes a time when he says "that was a pathetic showing, fans deserve much better than this, especially at home and if this ever happens again then the I'll empty the bench looking for someone who wants to show some energy and our starting rotation will change".

Champs04

They didn't look like their confidence was shaken before the game when Barford and Macon were dancing in front of the camera. Embarrassing!

lc480

He should have put the walk on players in heck they would have done as good as the starters did last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!