Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amber Alert: Where is FCJ?? EDIT: HE HAS BEEN SPOTTED!!

Started by CFB_Fanatic, January 10, 2018, 09:45:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Tweeter on January 11, 2018, 08:07:27 am
Why does everyone bag on FCJ?  I like to read his post and listen to his calls on D.T.  He's a good fan and i wish we had more like him.

My problem with Joe is simple. When discussing any other sport at the U of A, he is a good fan and does well. When it comes to men's basketball and Mike Anderson, Joe is a totally different person. The Hogs could have a completely winless season and Joe would be defending Mike Anderson to the utmost. He is obsessed with Mike Anderson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 09:16:12 am
My problem with Joe is simple. When discussing any other sport at the U of A, he is a good fan and does well. When it comes to men's basketball and Mike Anderson, Joe is a totally different person. The Hogs could have a completely winless season and Joe would be defending Mike Anderson to the utmost. He is obsessed with Mike Anderson.

2 things go into that imo, and it is not just FCJ.

1. For many, the 94 NC team was the greatest thing ever in their lives. I remember going out right after the nc game and looking to see if anyone was selling t-shirts & hats yet. They said they be ready by midnight, so we waited in line, and they finally arrived about 2am. I still have the hat I bought my grandpa, it is still as white as it was the day I bought it. Remember waiting in line to buy the SI when it came out, still have 2 copies. But over time most realized it was just a point in time, a mere blip in their life. For some though, those who get way too much self out of the team/program they follow, they can not let go of that feeling. Mike brings that back every time they see him, and to admit he can't get it done would be to shatter that vision.

2. And this is uncomfortable for some, but there is a racial component to this for some people. They think Nolan was fired because he is black. The think Heath was hired because he was black. And they think Anderson is not being given a fair shake because he is black.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorpimp

You guys quit bagging on Joe!

His son has had a really bad couple of weeks!

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2018, 09:23:33 am

1. For many, the 94 NC team was the greatest thing ever in their lives. I remember going out right after the nc game and looking to see if anyone was selling t-shirts & hats yet. They said they be ready by midnight, so we waited in line, and they finally arrived about 2am. I still have the hat I bought my grandpa, it is still as white as it was the day I bought it. Remember waiting in line to buy the SI when it came out, still have 2 copies. But over time most realized it was just a point in time, a mere blip in their life. For some though, those who get way too much self out of the team/program they follow, they can not let go of that feeling. Mike brings that back every time they see him, and to admit he can't get it done would be to shatter that vision.

2. And this is uncomfortable for some, but there is a racial component to this for some people. They think Nolan was fired because he is black. The think Heath was hired because he was black. And they think Anderson is not being given a fair shake because he is black.

This is Anderson's 7th year at the U of A. He's been here longer than any HC since Nolan so anyone who says he isn't being given a fair shake is being dishonest. I frankly don't care what the color of Mike's skin is, I just want the Hogs to win.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SemperFi

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 09:32:02 am
This is Anderson's 7th year at the U of A. He's been here longer than any HC since Nolan so anyone who says he isn't being given a fair shake is being dishonest. I frankly don't care what the color of Mike's skin is, I just want the Hogs to win.

Agreed! Mike Anderson had seven (7) years to get this Razorback team to compete for an SECC and to make deep runs into the NCAA and he continues to squander everything that has been provided due to piss poor coaching. What we're seeing on the court is 100% Anderson and it sucks! Anyone that blindly supports that man should turn in their Hog gear now, because their allegiance is not with the Razorback program, but instead with the coach. It's time to pull the plug on this and go after someone that can get the job done.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 09:32:02 am

Quote from: SemperFi on January 11, 2018, 09:45:39 am
Agreed! Mike Anderson had seven (7) years to get this Razorback team to compete for an SECC and to make deep runs into the NCAA and he continues to squander everything that has been provided due to piss poor coaching. What we're seeing on the court is 100% Anderson and it sucks! Anyone that blindly supports that man should turn in their Hog gear now, because their allegiance is not with the Razorback program, but instead with the coach. It's time to pull the plug on this and go after someone that can get the job done.

I did not say you care what his color is, or that I care. I said there are some that do. What I call the Hogville Mike Anderson PR team. They care about Mike MORE than they care about Hog basketball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hobhog

Quote from: SemperFi on January 11, 2018, 09:45:39 am

+1

Hawgndaaz

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2018, 11:42:31 pm
They started playing teams with good guards. Good guards cut down turn overs which shuts down the hogs running and they destroy  the defense off the dribble.
I guess the emphasis should be on the plural, because the guard from OU was fantastic.
I agree.
If they can't get turnovers.
And they don't hit the 3s, then this team is very very mediocre.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2018, 08:38:25 am
You do remember when he was ranting about how we better lock up Pelphrey before Kentucky came to steal him away, don't you.

The issue most of us have with FCJ is how he is on here crowing every time the Hogs beat Southern Technical College for players 6ft and under, telling us it is because Mike is such a great coach. Or on here after a close loss telling people who do not think Mike is the greatest coach ever and anyone who does not think so can go jump off a cliff.

Personally, I think he is a phony.

in fairness, if you had your way, Nutt woulda been signed to a lifetime contract.  bc you have decided we should be happy with 6 to 8 wins. 

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2018, 08:42:19 am
Want to know what is wrong?

1. Mike can only coach one way

2. Mike has a terrible bench because he lost guys like Babb & Whitt

3. Barford and Macon, but especially Barford are " gonna get " guys. They are gonna get their points or die trying. With no becnh they know they are not coming out for any length of time.

4. No real PG means Gafford can work his rear off all day to get position, and no one is going to get him the ball. ( meanwhile, Babb is averaging like 7 or 8 asst per game at ISU ).

5. And we have known this since before Mike was hired, he can only coach one way. If they are not creating a ton of turnovers, Mike can only scowl or looked confused.

and if we had babb and whitt, we'd likely not have macon and barford, who, in the midst of getting blown out last night, were tabbed as the best backcourt in the conference.

Danny J

Quote from: hogsanity on January 10, 2018, 11:42:31 pm
They started playing teams with good guards. Good guards cut down turn overs which shuts down the hogs running and they destroy  the defense off the dribble.
And teams that know us and how we play in conjunction with all the preseason scouting. They know we switch all screens 1-5. They know they can get easy penetration. We don't have one lock down guard on this entire team. Hell...even if we did all it would take is a single pick to create a switch.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on January 11, 2018, 02:08:42 pm
I guess the emphasis should be on the plural, because the guard from OU was fantastic.
I agree.
If they can't get turnovers.
And they don't hit the 3s, then this team is very very mediocre.

Young scored 28 on the Hogs, and had 4 to's, OU had 19 to's total and the Hogs were +3 for the game in the to department. Ou's guards had 13 to's in the game. In the loses to UH, MSU, AUb and LSU the Hogs are -11 in to's and the 4 combined only have 37 to's, an avg of 9 per game.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg414 on January 11, 2018, 03:31:26 pm
in fairness, if you had your way, Nutt woulda been signed to a lifetime contract.  bc you have decided we should be happy with 6 to 8 wins. 

well, if we want to continue to live over a decade ago, the Hogs were just off a 10 win and a 8 win season, so that was 9 wins a year on average. But NO, no one should have a lifetime contract.

But Mike's fans, and they are Mike fans above being Hog fans, are happy with 16-16 seasons, happy with getting run out of their own gym like last night, or last year against vandy. All so they can see their reminder of 1994 scowling on the sideline.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hawg414 on January 11, 2018, 03:35:29 pm
and if we had babb and whitt, we'd likely not have macon and barford, who, in the midst of getting blown out last night, were tabbed as the best backcourt in the conference.

Macon would have been a Hog unless there hadn't been room for some reason.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 09:16:12 am
Exactly.
I will admit he's a passionate Hog fan.

Remember FCJ called into DriveTime Sports last year amidst that horrible 3-game losing streak to Ok St, Mizzou, and Vandy and proclaimed that the Hogs didn't even have to win a game for him to continue to support Mike Anderson.
After Randy Rainwater picked his jaw off the floor, he said "You mean to say that if Mike Anderson went 0-30 that you would still support him?" and FCJ said "Yes"

There are only two possible conclusions to that:
1)He's the biggest racist on the planet
2)He's a blithering idiot

Take your pick. Neither one is pretty.

hogsanity

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 12, 2018, 12:25:26 am
Exactly.

Remember FCJ called into DriveTime Sports last year amidst that horrible 3-game losing streak to Ok St, Mizzou, and Vandy and proclaimed that the Hogs didn't even have to win a game for him to continue to support Mike Anderson.
After Randy Rainwater picked his jaw off the floor, he said "You mean to say that if Mike Anderson went 0-30 that you would still support him?" and FCJ said "Yes"

You know, it could be both 1 & 2

Atlhogfan1

It is very important for some that Mike is the coach.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 12, 2018, 11:41:05 am
It is very important for some that Mike is the coach.

for reasons having little or nothing to do with basketball.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2018, 11:42:51 am
for reasons having little or nothing to do with basketball.

Is there a black elephant in the room?

3of5-2

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 12, 2018, 09:27:18 pm
Is there a black elephant in the room?
If there is, then it's time to get over it and move on. If there is some white guilt elephant in the room, then it is time to get over it and move on. Neither of those should have anything to do with the success of the University of Arkansas Basketball team. CMA has taken this program higher than it was with CSH and CJP. However, he has not taken it to the place where I think most fans want it to be. It shouldn't matter whether you wanted him or didn't want him, but here we are, almost 7 years in, and I think we are not going to see much more success even if he stays another year or two. Time to make a decision based on results not on elephants.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 12, 2018, 10:32:03 pm
If there is, then it's time to get over it and move on. If there is some white guilt elephant in the room, then it is time to get over it and move on. Neither of those should have anything to do with the success of the University of Arkansas Basketball team. CMA has taken this program higher than it was with CSH and CJP. However, he has not taken it to the place where I think most fans want it to be. It shouldn't matter whether you wanted him or didn't want him, but here we are, almost 7 years in, and I think we are not going to see much more success even if he stays another year or two. Time to make a decision based on results not on elephants.

Solid post.

Agree.

Mr. Porkleone

There are so many better coaches than Mike Anderson. Full circle with Nolan has come and it's now time to end.  It's time bring a better coach in and get this program back to being feared.

PS

Don't matter if that coach is black or white.

HogBreath

3. Barford and Macon, but especially Barford are " gonna get " guys. They are gonna get their points or die trying. With no becnh they know they are not coming out for any length of time.

4. No real PG means Gafford can work his rear off all day to get position, and no one is going to get him the ball. ( meanwhile, Babb is averaging like 7 or 8 asst per game at ISU ).

5. And we have known this since before Mike was hired, he can only coach one way. If they are not creating a ton of turnovers, Mike can only scowl or looked confused.
Didn't Whitt hook it up away from the fast forty because he wanted to be a point?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

razorpimp

Can't wait for the Hogs to win tonight and Joe finally finds his cell phone!  He obviously misplaced it after the LSU beat down in Fayetteville

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: razorpimp on January 13, 2018, 11:42:25 am
Can't wait for the Hogs to win tonight and Joe finally finds his cell phone!  He obviously misplaced it after the LSU beat down in Fayetteville

Yep. I'll rename the title if he does. It's inevitable he shows up after a win with a big congrats thread lol

Kevin

He will be back tonight if they win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

golfinpig

AMEN!!!

CFB_Fanatic

$20 says we see a big MA love thread before 9PM

3kgthog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 13, 2018, 07:15:37 pm

The only question is which one of his biggest blind loyalists will start it.

tkclark

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 13, 2018, 07:15:37 pm

No way it takes that long

ShadowHawg

Lol!

What team do you two root for?

My team won which makes me happy even when it was ugly.

Losers

tkclark

Well the bumbling idiot has resurfaced.  It took little time for him to pop up.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: tkclark on January 13, 2018, 07:27:13 pm
Well the bumbling idiot has resurfaced.  It took little time for him to pop up.

LOL. Ill still give you the $20 for going with the "under" on how long it took for him to show up.

Goes into hibernation with every loss. Poor guy

tkclark

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 13, 2018, 07:42:02 pm
LOL. Ill still give you the $20 for going with the "under" on how long it took for him to show up.

Goes into hibernation with every loss. Poor guy

His short bus runs on Mike Anderson sunshine. If there isn't any sunshine that little bus stays parked.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 12, 2018, 12:25:26 am
Exactly.

Lie  Lie Lie. get Randy to pull up the tape. you wson't because you are lying.that call never happen.you Anderson haters are liars too.

forrest city joe

O stop it. race has nothing to do with this. only in the gutter mind of race hustlers like you.i get so sick of folks like you playing the race card.stop it!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2018, 09:27:53 pm
O stop it. race has nothing to do with this. only in the gutter mind of race hustlers like you.i get so sick of folks like you playing the race card.stop it!

Well Joe, I gotta say, regardless if its a race issue for you or not, you only show up and praise Mike after a win. You never come on and hold him accountable for poor coaching decisions and the lack of fundamentals his teams show when they are challenged.

HognitiveDissonance

How about this gem. Pretty much sums it up:

As Long as you support Mike as coach, im good.

There is this thing called Post History.
Some of these old FCJ posts are hilarious. Like the ones talking about how Nick Saban is overrated. Six national championships and he's overrated. Yet Mike Anderson is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can't make this stuff up.
Some other hilarious ones are about Malik Monk. Like these:

Get better players like Nolan did so it won't matter.with Mike as coach, i think we get M. Monk. no Anderson, no Monk

Just the facts. there is a reason Marcus Monk is hanging around Razorback basketball.we are getting his little brother if Mike is still the coach here. we will not get him if Mike is not. do you want players like Monk. or do you want to start over yet again?

I will take it. get other good players around him that one year, and the sky is the limit. UA must get Monk. and if Mike is the coach we will get him.

Mike will get better players. it just a matter of time. A. Beard is on the way at PG.