Started by Martygit, January 10, 2018, 08:47:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martygit

.... to this team??????????

This is not the same team I saw play before the last two games  :puke:
RIP OTR, REV

hawgrunner

navyhog24

No depth at the guard position and too many 3-4 combo guys that play like utter crap....plus no actual coaching. just pep talk.

Sivad

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 10, 2018, 08:51:27 pm
no actual coaching. just pep talk.
Well, he did tell them to "relax".

rupert

zero coaching on our side...coming up against good coaches on the other side

hawgball40

Quote from: Sivad on January 10, 2018, 08:52:52 pm
haha, you only post here when something goes wrong. why is that?

la20688

They look like they got a hold of some bad weed.

hulk hog

Well we did start 1-3 in conference last year but at least two of those were against Florida and Kentucky. This teams is lacking a third scorer and the bench has disappeared. We have no forwards that can shoot. We have to up the tempo and get some layups or it's going to be a long season
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

HogNasty

When you can't run an offense, can't defend, and can't rebound; It's pretty hard to win games..

moses_007

Team is really sucking right now.  Can't score.  Can't shoot free throws.

maxhog5

Nothing has happened to them.  They are a two man team and when those two are struggling, bad things happen.  They don't force turnovers and don't get easy baskets.  You don't have to respect the four spot or Beard so defenders can give help on Macon and Barford.

RockyMtnHog

This team has already peaked beating Tennessee.  Peaked way to early!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

solitons

nothing happened, same as past 6 years!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: la20688 on January 10, 2018, 09:04:12 pm

Looks like they got ahold to some good stuff to me.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Pig Worshipper

No, all the "good stuffs" are on the LSU side.

HoggyCat

We're out of the scrub portion of the schedule.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 10, 2018, 09:17:11 pm
This team has already peaked beating Tennessee.  Peaked way to early!

And that Tennessee win lost some luster real quick.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hamsam

Kiss of death from this guy...

What a comeback win.Arkansas 95 Tennessee 93. I love this team
« on: December 30, 2017, 02:57:46 pm »
ReplyQuote
There was no give up in this team today.they fought hard all game long.and they came back and beat a heck of a good TN team.I FREAKING LOVE IT!what a great coaching job by Mike Anderson.going wit A.Cook at the end was a great move.and realizing he had to keep his starters on the floor because the bench for the most part did not have it today.and for keeping his team attacking the basket. i love this team,GO HOGS.I FREAKING LOVE IT!

When joe approves... the Hogs LOSE!!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Athog

Quote from: Sivad on January 10, 2018, 08:52:52 pm

Relax my a**! That is all they have done!

old_school_hawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 10, 2018, 08:54:18 pm

Well, things go wrong way too frequently, so he gets to post quite a bit.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

3dawghawg

All the wheels have come off the wagon. I am in total shock. What have they done with our team?

hawgball40

Quote from: old_school_hawg on January 10, 2018, 09:47:12 pm
Well, things go wrong way too frequently, so he gets to post quite a bit.
Its not necessarily a bad thing, i'm just curious why. Does he even like hog basketball, or is he just going to pile on to the latest troll threads?

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 10, 2018, 09:27:11 pm
And that Tennessee win lost some luster real quick.

Yes it did!  It is all downhill from here.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HogBreath

Quote from: rupert on January 10, 2018, 08:53:37 pm
zero coaching on our side...coming up against good coaches on the other side
And that's not fair.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HOGINTENNESSEE

lookawayquick

HogBreath

Quote from: hulk hog on January 10, 2018, 09:06:00 pm
Well we did start 1-3 in conference last year but at least two of those were against Florida and Kentucky. This teams is lacking a third scorer and the bench has disappeared. We have no forwards that can shoot. We have to up the tempo and get some layups or it's going to be a long season
Psssst...I think our guys are a little bit tuckered out though.  The fast forty has eaten it's own.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: HogNasty on January 10, 2018, 09:07:08 pm
When you can't run an offense, can't defend, and can't rebound; It's pretty hard to win games..
Quote from: lookawayquick on January 10, 2018, 10:00:15 pm
Basketball IQ.......none.
^^^Both of these^^^
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Nickle-Pig

Seems to me this all started when we began to move Gafford into a starting role. He played much better off the bench and allowed the starters a better break. This also seemed to cause our bench to fail not having Gafford as part of that group. This is not Gaffords fault if I'm right he just isn't ready. If this isn't what's wrong I have no idea. We looked like a dif team earlier.
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

HogsonHicks

Looks to me like some are playing for scouts and individual goals more than team success.

Boarslab

They look like they are sandbagging----they'll peak at tournament time...they're just "relaxing" right now..

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Nickle-Pig on January 11, 2018, 08:01:04 am
Seems to me this all started when we began to move Gafford into a starting role. He played much better off the bench and allowed the starters a better break. This also seemed to cause our bench to fail not having Gafford as part of that group. This is not Gaffords fault if I'm right he just isn't ready. If this isn't what's wrong I have no idea. We looked like a dif team earlier.

Well, guards have to actually look for him down low and make him a priority on the offense. It will only open things up for them more.

Drop the Mike

The SEC has seriously upgraded its head b-ball coaches. Instead of coaching against guys like Tony Barbee or Johnny Jones, Mike is going against Bruce Pearl and Ben Howland who have 10 sweet 16's and 4 elite eights.

You can't afford to have down nights anymore because the guy coaching against you will eat you up.

HawgTrough

I think we'll lose a heart breaker against Mizzou and then the wheels will really fall off. When does baseball start?
WPS

PermianPig

What happened?  Looks the same to me as it has with Mike for the last 7 years. 
The up and down swings are just getting bigger though.
A few bigger wins, and some really embarrassing losses. 
:puke:

razorpimp

Quote from: PermianPig on January 11, 2018, 08:33:26 am
What happened?  Looks the same to me as it has with Mike for the last 7 years. 
The up and down swings are just getting bigger though.
A few bigger wins, and some really embarrassing losses. 
:puke:

Starting to look like a copy of the 2008-2009 Pelphrey team!

HogPharmer

That means he posts all the time. This is razorback athletics we're talking about here.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on January 10, 2018, 08:47:15 pm

The little I allowed myself to see of last night's game let me see that teams with a real point guard who can penetrate will tear us apart every time!

So, what happened?  We can't defend that type player and don't have one of our own.

Letsroll1200

Complacency is a enemy to growth. This is what happened.

cypress rock

Beard did a decent job in shutting Waters down, but I can not understand why our big man is at the top of the key chasing. That' s why the middle is always open.

LRHawg

HawgWild

Holy cow! That reminded me of the beat down Auburn gave us when Pel was here.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on January 10, 2018, 08:47:15 pm

I think most of the starters have been taking dope on game days last two games.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

riccoar

Like I said in another thread.  You can't have a leader on the court if you have no leader on the bench.

pigture perfect

He has over 8000 posts. It must mean we have been bad for a long time, if your post is true.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

alohawg

Quote from: cypress rock on January 11, 2018, 09:14:24 am
Beard did a decent job in shutting Waters down, but I can not understand why our big man is at the top of the key chasing. That' s why the middle is always open.

And picking up cheap reach in fouls. It's dumb and forces Gafford to the bench early.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

OkieBack

Quote from: la20688 on January 10, 2018, 09:04:12 pm

Mike has been a good coach at times but he can definitely get more out of them.   It's not too late in the season but I don't think "relaxing" is going to do it.  Back to basics, relearn to pickpocket teams, solidify the D, and for God's sake teach em Mama's secret play (Alley-oop).  E.L.E. Baby!

Kevin

Quote from: HogsonHicks on January 11, 2018, 08:05:01 am
Looks to me like some are playing for scouts and individual goals more than team success.

bingo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22