Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (11-4, 1-2 SEC) vs LSU (10-4, 1-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 10, 2018, 07:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 10, 2018, 09:08:15 pm
Of course it's not coaching.  The players miss the shots.  The coaches are only responsible for teaching ball movement, rebounding, defensive schemes.  It's all on the players.  /s
Uh oh.  You can't blame players on Hogville!

mckinneyhog5

Good news is they can't play a worse 2nd half then the first half.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

RazorWhacker

Quote from: hehawg on January 10, 2018, 09:07:34 pm
Disagree

Ok.

So we should just be sure we recruit players that never lose focus and always bring energy?

Good luck with that.

TheSportsGuy

Iwastherein you are absolutely clueless on the sport of basketball.  You are making yourself look like a cokmplete idiot.  Just stop you fool

LumberBacks

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 10, 2018, 09:07:38 pm
Are you kidding? Really???? who are we going to hire?????? Anyone else right now would be an improvement. Texas Tech has a HC that was in the state two years ago. Who are we going to hire? Are you for real?
Coach Jimmy Dykes

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Rbill on January 10, 2018, 09:06:44 pm
Coaching is something that should happen after we miss a few shots and fall behind by 7 or 8 points. Time outs get called and psyches are calmed and plans are made. And when the other team has an offensive plan that is roasting us or a defensive plan that is smothering us we can change our plan accordingly. I suspect a good coach's plan during those timeouts is not "stop missing shots"

Agree to disagree...We all watched the first half: missed shots, poor defense, turnovers and just not playing as a cohesive team...One pass and one shot (brick or air ball) is not gonna cut it...leaving LSU shooters open for uncontested looks, not gonna cut it...y'all say fire CMA but what would either of you do if your guys just aren't playing well?!?!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hawgball40

870hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 10, 2018, 09:00:22 pm
Guys, I just want to win. Just for a couple weeks. Any major sport. PLEASE MORRIS, ANDERSON, VAN HORN SOMEBODY STOP THE BLEEDING!

This^^

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

BassinHawg

I saw someone on Twitter asked the following:

"Do we have a true freshman from Hawaii we can put in for the second half?"
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Rbill

Quote from: tncbg on January 10, 2018, 09:02:19 pm
Those of you who have said Gafford is one and done should never post again. Those who say we have top 20 talent, never post again.  Those who compared Jones to Marvin Delph, never again. Those who think Mike coaches good defense and fundamentals, never again. Those who griped about us not being in the top 25, never again. Doesn't help to have a senior laden team when the seniors stink. If Mike can't get their attention, someone up there needs to get his. It's one thing to stink, but at least play with some energy.

You're wrong about Gafford. I still cross my fingers he'll stay. There's no way that's a guarantee.

Hulk HOGan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2018, 09:09:38 pm
Alright Coach Wooden, tell us what you would do in the second half. Give me a few adjustments. For some reason I think the most involved you've been with a basketball is shooting 5 foot shots at the local county fair with rims that are as stiff as Mike Anderson's upper lip right now
Well, it'd be nice to guard a 3 or two. Maybe penetrate and stop shooting deep contested shots. Stop fouling so much. Barford and Macon need to wake up.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: hulk hog on January 10, 2018, 09:10:12 pm
The same number of times as Stan Heath.
Might be true but you said he'll never make the sweet 16. That was incorrect.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hogwild32

HogBreath

Quote from: TigerHog93 on January 10, 2018, 09:08:26 pm
I'm here to ease your pain. You guys will dominate us in football for the coming years until we get rid of Orgeron
Thank you, you're very kind.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hulk hog

Quote from: gchamblee on January 10, 2018, 09:04:21 pm
unlike you, most fans don't lay down and cry over a bad half of basketball. reading your posts makes me think you should not watch games, just look at final scores at the end of the night on espn. you literally sound like a sobbing pile of emotions that uses game outcomes as the foundation of your self esteem.
Curios, how many bad halves have to happen in 8 years before people are allowed to lay down and cry cause I'm betting we've hit that goal. I mean we've had a least 3 in the last week.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

LumberBacks

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 10, 2018, 09:10:27 pm
Good news is they can't play a worse 2nd half then the first half.
Don't be so sure.  First possession Hogs.  Throw ball out of bounds.  First possession LSU.  2 pts.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Rbill

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 10, 2018, 09:11:42 pm
Agree to disagree...We all watched the first half: missed shots, poor defense, turnovers and just not playing as a cohesive team...One pass and one shot (brick or air ball) is not gonna cut it...leaving LSU shooters open for uncontested looks, not gonna cut it...y'all say fire CMA but what would either of you do if your guys just aren't playing well?!?!

Seriously? I would say do more than one pass. I am your coach. Listen to me. And by the way we are changing our defense. Do this instead.

WMHawgfan

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Oliver

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Pigsear

40MINSOFHELL

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 10, 2018, 09:00:05 pm
Coaching?!?! All those missed shots and leaving LSU players OPEN for uncontested shots is on coaching?!?! RazorWhacker that was a WHACK post buds...
We are not shooting well, but the problem is poor coaching.  No offensive execution - which is our normal.  LSU is executing on offense which is why they are getting dunks and free throws.  We are down by 20 most of the half and used ONE timeout!  Maybe use one for making an adjustment?  There is no evidence of in game coaching on 7 years. 

hawgball40

tunnel vision by barford. good grief. now a T called on who? is it on mike?

bkjbearcat

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

razorpimp

Mediocre Mike has lost this team!  And people talking about super recruits coming in....you mean the #24 class????

jfred59

WE suck and the SEC Refs suck.  Mike needs to go ahead and go off and fire the crowd up.  Not that it will help but sure cant hurt

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

Fans thought there was bball game, instead are being treated to a circus full of clowns.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

RazorPiggie

bkjbearcat

Hulk HOGan

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.