Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (11-4, 1-2 SEC) vs LSU (10-4, 1-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 10, 2018, 07:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshfieldhog

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

PonderinHog

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 10, 2018, 08:59:50 pm
Mike Anderson needs to go. Period.
and who are you going to hire ?  haven't we gone down that road before with Stan Heath and John Pelphrey ? we are behind 20, I'll say we cut the LSU lead below double digits by the 12 minute mark
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 10, 2018, 09:00:05 pm
Coaching?!?! All those missed shots and leaving LSU players OPEN for uncontested shots is on coaching?!?! RazorWhacker that was a WHACK post buds...

Yes. Coaching.

The lack of focus and effort is on the coaches.

porkinsons disease

Wonder if he will play his ace and tell them "they punkin you" at halftime. That's legendary
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

LumberBacks

Stephen F. Austin beat LSU in Baton Rouge earlier this year.  The Jacks are solid, but they are no where near a P5.  Now LSU is putting on a show in Bud Walton where the Hogs are invincible.  And even a better Mizzou team coming to town in a few days.  Can't win on the road.  Can't win at home.  Mike has to go.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 10, 2018, 08:59:40 pm
CMA's brand is streetball.  It always has been.  When it's hitting on all cylinders, it hard to stop.  But it's easy for good defensive teams to defend.  CMA is never going to get a team into the sweet 16.  And many years not even to the NCAAT. 

Year 7.  Probably fading to the NIT.  Will new AD Hunter pull the plug.  2 NCAATs in 7 years.  Time for a change.
He's been to the elite 8 bro

WMHawgfan

If they don't make a push in the first 5 minutes I would empty the bench. They can't look any worse.

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TheSportsGuy

Screen for the point guard.  Our big gets matched up on point guard.  Point guard either drives easily to the hole or dishes to wide open player.  How can that literally happen every single time and nothing is ever adjusted...  the definition of insanity.  That's coaching

HeyHogs

We are gonna win this game and then get on a roll all the way to the Final Four BABY!!!🤪

gchamblee

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 10, 2018, 08:44:44 pm
Why is there people still in the arena?

unlike you, most fans don't lay down and cry over a bad half of basketball. reading your posts makes me think you should not watch games, just look at final scores at the end of the night on espn. you literally sound like a sobbing pile of emotions that uses game outcomes as the foundation of your self esteem.

theFlyingHog

I can't believe I bought tix to the UK game.  :puke:  I can't bring myself to say how much I spent

40MINSOFHELL

The motto of this year was "Dialed in". Last three games we have been dialed in to stink it up.

Hulk HOGan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2018, 09:00:16 pm
I think you are overreacting just a little bit...I'm not getting in a tit for tat, game by game argument with you as that makes no sense and accomplishes nothing but wasting time
You're right, the last 4 hog performances show a very good, well coached basketball team. This is definitely a Final Four team.

sowmonella

Quote from: gchamblee on January 10, 2018, 09:04:21 pm
unlike you, most fans don't lay down and cry over a bad half of basketball. reading your posts makes me think you should not watch games, just look at final scores at the end of the night on espn. you literally sound like a sobbing pile of emotions that uses game outcomes as the foundation of your self esteem.

Drops mic. +1
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Rbill on January 10, 2018, 08:59:28 pm
Lol, hog fans getting burned on SEC Network. "45 minutes of your life you're not going to get back" "where is the will to win" "I blame the 3 senior guards. They aren't leading you"
Damn haters
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Letsroll1200

alohawg

This team has been playing like they think they're so good that they can half ass it half the time and just pick it up when they need to. They got the big head as soon as they got ranked and have sucked ever since. Lethargic would be an improvement over this first half.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

la20688

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 10, 2018, 09:04:25 pm
I can't believe I bought tix to the UK game.  :puke:  I can't bring myself to say how much I spent
On the bright side......they won't play any worse than this.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 10, 2018, 08:59:56 pm
Have you seen how many open shots we've missed? CJ air balled 2 open 3's, Macon air balled a open 3,  Barford is settling for jumpers even though some are open and Bailey didn't make any of those open mid range jumpers. I would start Hall, Gafford, Cook, Holmes, and Gabe O in the second half. Seniors didn't come to play.

In seven seasons there's been one common denominator, MA. Players, coaches, AD's, facilities have changed. MA is the only consistent in the last seven seasons. In year 7, this team is not better then it was in year 1. Time to get rid of the common denominator.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

bphi11ips

Quote from: LRHawg on January 10, 2018, 08:58:21 pm
Truth being dropped on the half time show. Ouch.

Well deserved.  Can anyone remember a worse effort by an Arkansas team in Fayetteville?  Being cold is one thing.  This team doesn't seem to care.  On either end of the floor.  Not just tonight.  The body language and facial expressions are similar to the first half at Houston and Mississippi State.

Mike Anderson may run this team after the game tonight until they drop.  That's what they need.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

fieldturf

Worst half of basketball since the NIT game couple years ago at California....

oilman

I thought this team was finally going to bring back basketball, packed houses now not sure they will have winning season. So sad

Rbill

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 10, 2018, 09:00:05 pm
Coaching?!?! All those missed shots and leaving LSU players OPEN for uncontested shots is on coaching?!?! RazorWhacker that was a WHACK post buds...
Coaching is something that should happen after we miss a few shots and fall behind by 7 or 8 points. Time outs get called and psyches are calmed and plans are made. And when the other team has an offensive plan that is roasting us or a defensive plan that is smothering us we can change our plan accordingly. I suspect a good coach's plan during those timeouts is not "stop missing shots"

GunnerHawg70

20pt lead and Hogs cannot hit shots or play defense...Why not use guys who wanna be on floor?!?! There are players still in warmups on the bench!!! Put those dudes in, ya can't get any worse!!!!

20gauge

At least 5 bad half's in a row now. Gonna need a darn good one to get out of this one

40MINSOFHELL

You sound triggered. Calm down snowflake.

Davidr295

I can take losing some games if we were playing fundamental basketball and actually had a gameplan for each team we play. But to lose like this playing no fundamentals and no direct plan how to specifically attack our opponent, makes it hard to stomach.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hulk HOGan on January 10, 2018, 08:47:16 pm
True fans enjoy and support terrible basketball.

No, its easy to be a fan when a team is winning all the time. A true fan stays on board through the losses and hopes for improvement. Only an idiot would think being a fan during a loss would indicate fan failure.

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2018, 09:03:02 pm
and who are you going to hire ? haven't we gone down that road before with Stan Heath and John Pelphrey ? we are behind 20, I'll say we cut the LSU lead below double digits by the 12 minute mark

Are you kidding? Really???? who are we going to hire?????? Anyone else right now would be an improvement. Texas Tech has a HC that was in the state two years ago. Who are we going to hire? Are you for real?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

TheSportsGuy

Anybody notice the buy-in before our game and seeing barford dancing while warming up?  That bothered me.  No focus.  No urgency after 2 losses.  I would be dead serious and getting mentally focused

LumberBacks

Quote from: LRHawg on January 10, 2018, 08:42:54 pm
Scratching my head trying to figure out what happened to the team from earlier this season. Night and day.
Of course it's not coaching.  The players miss the shots.  The coaches are only responsible for teaching ball movement, rebounding, defensive schemes.  It's all on the players.  /s

TigerHog93

I'm here to ease your pain. You guys will dominate us in football for the coming years until we get rid of Orgeron

porkinsons disease

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 10, 2018, 09:05:44 pm
In seven seasons there's been one common denominator, MA. Players, coaches, AD's, facilities have changed. MA is the only consistent in the last seven seasons. In year 7, this team is not better then it was in year 1. Time to get rid of the common denominator.
Coach for Life

oldbooniehog

Quote from: gchamblee on January 10, 2018, 09:07:20 pm
No, its easy to be a fan when a team is winning all the time. A true fan stays on board through the losses and hopes for improvement. Only an idiot would think being a fan during a loss would indicate fan failure.

Arkansas fans should be the world's best at staying on a board through losses and hoping, hoping, hoping, wishing, yearing for improvement.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hulk HOGan on January 10, 2018, 09:05:04 pm
You're right, the last 4 hog performances show a very good, well coached basketball team. This is definitely a Final Four team.
Alright Coach Wooden, tell us what you would do in the second half. Give me a few adjustments. For some reason I think the most involved you've been with a basketball is shooting 5 foot shots at the local county fair with rims that are as stiff as Mike Anderson's upper lip right now
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dirty

Quote from: tncbg on January 10, 2018, 09:02:19 pm
Those of you who have said Gafford is one and done should never post again. Those who say we have top 20 talent, never post again.  Those who compared Jones to Marvin Delph, never again. Those who think Mike coaches good defense and fundamentals, never again. Those who griped about us not being in the top 25, never again. Doesn't help to have a senior laden team when the seniors stink. If Mike can't get their attention, someone up there needs to get his. It's one thing to stink, but at least play with some energy.

How about you, never again! DH!

BadHog

Good one!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hogginbama

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on January 10, 2018, 08:47:40 pm
Hahahahaha!!! You're right about crappy play but CMA can't shoot, pass or play defense for them...gotta put the blame on the players for their efforts

I am sure you had the same outlook in football as well. The football team didn't rush, pass or play defense very well and the coach got fired after 5 yrs. The basketball team doesn't seem to be shooting, passing or playing defense well in year 7 and folks love/defend him still. Why the double standard?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hehawg

Quote from: TigerHog93 on January 10, 2018, 09:08:26 pm
I'm here to ease your pain. You guys will dominate us in football for the coming years until we get rid of Orgeron

Lol
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

RaisinHog

I'm still on board but doesn't make these last few games any more enjoyable ..

alohawg

Hopefully the crowd will greet them with a resounding chorus of boooos as they retake the floor.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hulk hog

paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

The OTR

Nice post buddy.  These boys need a good scolding.  Good to see you in here giving them one.