Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morris seems excited about tight ends

Started by checkraiser88, January 10, 2018, 03:08:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

8-4 first year baby! I also like how the QB competition is wide open, we'll get to see what we have

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I would venture to guess that most of us are excited when we think about tight ends...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 10, 2018, 03:11:17 pm
I would venture to guess that most of us are excited when we think about tight ends...
I cant lie

DeltaBoy

I expect at least 6 wins next year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

6 wins should be the goal.  And it will actually something of an accomplishment.

LawyerHog50

6 wins would be a disappointment. We are not lacking talent on either side of the ball, and next years schedule is the easiest in years. 8 win is realistic.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on January 10, 2018, 04:32:27 pm
6 wins would be a disappointment. We are not lacking talent on either side of the ball, and next years schedule is the easiest in years. 8 win is realistic.
9-4(Bowl game win)

Grizzlyfan

Hey bring it on.  Good news is come November 30 we will know.  I will say though, I'm not sure what defense you have been watching.

Pumbaa

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 10, 2018, 03:08:26 pm
8-4 first year baby! I also like how the QB competition is wide open, we'll get to see what we have

With that being said I think Cole is the best we have by far. I believe this will easily be Cole's team to lead.

phadedhawg

I admire all the believers on here thinking next year we are gonna win 6, 7, 8, 9 games.  I like your spirit.  Just please don't make it an expectation and then a standard.  Often times our unrealistic fantasies become the standard and the fanbase enters meltdown when reality crashes down. 

4 wins seems like a fair bar to set

RebelW

We have 3 DT's... 3.... You better start doing some recruiting

hawganatic

This is why our program doesn't move forward.  Coming off of a 4 win season, coaching change, and a completely different offensive philosophy, the only goal for next year should be to get to a bowl game (6 wins, 5 if we meet certain conditions).

Instead expectations are going to be artificially inflated and the new "dark side" is going to start forming when we don't meet them.

steveaustin69

To be completely honest next year has to be Atlanta or bust. Team is chock full of talent.

HogPharmer

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 10, 2018, 04:59:32 pm
To be completely honest next year has to be Atlanta or bust. Team is chock full of talent.

lol
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

No, No Chavis said he plains to be the 4th DT as he still has 1 year of eligibility left and has set out the past 30 years so hes good to go.  DL covered.

It would seem you Guys would learn.  If we get to 6, thats six, (6) wins that will be excelling.  I hope we win 10 but the competition will need to crash for us to get to exceed 6.

Also, having Chavis actually on the field, he can call the defensive sets himself. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: 12247 on January 10, 2018, 05:07:50 pm
Also, having Chavis actually on the field, he can call the defensive sets himself.

Like where your head is at.  Experience will be invaluable.

Years ago, I was so excited about a new tight end I had found, only to discover it was a wide receiver.

sickboy

Inhogswetrust

The dumbest thing fans can do especially after a coaching change is make win and loss predictions and/or say what would or wouldn't be a good season or disappointment.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Bubba's Bruisers

Um, it's relative.  Maybe you missed the NCG the other night.  We are an ocean away from Bama in the talent department.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RME

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 10, 2018, 05:19:08 pm
The dumbest thing fans can do especially after a coaching change is make win and loss predictions and/or say what would or wouldn't be a good season or disappointment.

Exactly.

King Kong

steveaustin69

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 10, 2018, 05:20:19 pm
Um, it's relative.  Maybe you missed the NCG the other night.  We are an ocean away from Bama in the talent department.

Maybe you missed the schedule release, and the list of returning starters.  Team is primed for a divisional run.

bennyl08

Agreed.

We have the talent right now to win 9 games next year. However, there are always growing pains. Morris could be the guy to get us to win back to back natties in 5 years time but still go 3-9 this year due to changes in philosophy.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

WaltonCollege

We are not lacking talent?  We have the worst defense in the SEC, we have the worst O Line in the SEC.  But I guess we are not lacking talent?  Come one man...

sickboy

Wait a minute. Did you forget about the time that crazy guy at Bama poisoned the trees at Auburn? Trust me, there's way dumber things fans can do than make win-loss predictions in the off season.

theFlyingHog

Which playoff game is in Atlanta next year? I figured they'd move them around since they played one there this year

theFlyingHog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 10, 2018, 05:26:48 pm
We are not lacking talent?  We have the worst defense in the SEC, we have the worst O Line in the SEC.  But I guess we are not lacking talent?  Come one man...
Just one man? I had you pegged for taking three and four at a time

247Hog

Quote from: King Kong on January 10, 2018, 05:22:15 pm
Easiest Schedule we have had since 11

Coming off the worse season in how many years?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

theFlyingHog

Quote from: 12247 on January 10, 2018, 05:09:48 pm
Years ago, I was so excited about a new tight end I had found, only to discover it was a wide receiver.
So he cheated on you huh? I'm sorry to hear that

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 10, 2018, 05:38:41 pm
Which playoff game is in Atlanta next year? I figured they'd move them around since they played one there this year
SEC Championship, basically a quarterfinal game......

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 05:43:35 pm
SEC Championship, basically a quarterfinal game......
Just trying to feed the troll

HogPharmer

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 10, 2018, 05:24:33 pm
Maybe you missed the schedule release, and the list of returning starters.  Team is primed for a divisional run.

I saw the schedule release... Last I checked, Bama was still on it.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

steveaustin69

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 10, 2018, 05:48:49 pm
I saw the schedule release... Last I checked, Bama was still on it.

Last I checked, Bama didn't represent the west this year.

ricepig

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 10, 2018, 05:24:33 pm

Yeah but if you read the fine print, you'll realize that the returning starters we get are from a team that could only manage to go 1-7 in conference play last year.

College football would be more exciting if at the end of the year they would put all the conference teams names into a hat and each head coach would take turns drawing from the hat to see which team's returning starters they would win to go along with their freshmen recruits.

This would make it more about coaching and developing and less about which teams can recruit the best.  It would also give more teams a chance to win a conference title besides bama and georgia.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ThisTeetsTaken

We are lacking talent on both lines. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 10, 2018, 06:10:41 pm
We are lacking talent on both lines.
Somewhere I heard we have an entire new staff with a new philosophy. Pass all the judgement you want on things you don't really know anything about

PorkSoda

I have the same goal every year. .500 in conference, win your OOC.  more than .500 in conf is a great year, less is disappointing.

If Morris accomplishes that in his first year, you know he is the right man for the job.

6 wins is at least an improvement over the crap BB served up this season.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

cosmodrum

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 10, 2018, 06:18:39 pm
Somewhere I heard we have an entire new staff with a new philosophy. Pass all the judgement you want on things you don't really know anything about

Which is good thing, but will take more than one off-season to implement. 6 wins would be monumental. Our best OL are Rogers and Froholdt. That's gonna be tough.
Go away, batin'

PorkSoda

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 10, 2018, 06:26:41 pm
Which is good thing, but will take more than one off-season to implement. 6 wins would be monumental. Our best OL are Rogers and Froholdt. That's gonna be tough.
fundamentals go a long way towards success.

even if we aren't blowing opposing teams off the ball, quick developing plays can counter aggressive defenses.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: sickboy on January 10, 2018, 05:34:28 pm
Wait a minute. Did you forget about the time that crazy guy at Bama poisoned the trees at Auburn? Trust me, there's way dumber things fans can do than make win-loss predictions in the off season.

Except the guy that did that was a fan of the other team. It was also criminal. A little bit more serious than simply dumb.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

One of our new coaches during his press conference let it slip we have mobility issues on the OL. Another said something about some players would need to lose weight. These players are in for a culture shock.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 10, 2018, 07:04:10 pm
One of our new coaches during his press conference let it slip we have mobility issues on the OL. Another said something about some players would need to lose weight. These players are in for a culture shock.
All that is correctable I think.  quickness wasn't a focus of the previous staff, but the players have all off season to work on it.

cjack

I think too many people still have the Bielema embarrassment on the brain.  We have a competent coach now so getting 6 wins a year is a given.  The worst coach in our history is gone so true mediocrity is the base line now.  Win half lose half and build from there

No I won't want Morris fired if he wins 4 games next year. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

jbigs77

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 10, 2018, 03:11:17 pm
Now I don't care who you are, that's funny!!

jbigs77

I object your honor, purely speculation. 

farmhawg

Not even good at trolling....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ThisTeetsTaken

Take a look at the players on both sides of the line.   Philosophy change isn't going to magically fix a lack of athleticism. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***