Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CCM's opinion on Anthracite

Started by SemperHawg, January 10, 2018, 01:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlmaHog2011

SemperHawg

Also, completely unrelated, but Tera Talmadge is HAWT!!!!!

HawgSZN

I like CCM's outlook on it. It shows his adaptability to do what wins vs the stubbornness that the previous staff had.  Personally I love them. I wouldn't mind if they changed the chrome hog to a red hog. Hopefully we see the red chrome helmets more as well.
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

pigture perfect

I'm biased because my grand dad was a proud coal miner. He was very involved in creating the Coal Miners Museum in Paris Arkansas. I don't think Ole grandad cared one lick about football, but he would have loved the uni's.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hawganatic

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:03:23 pm

Yes she is.  I'm going to have to start watching the Pig Trail...

EastexHawg

I enjoyed the year Georgia came charging out, worked into a frenzy over their badass, intimidating black jerseys...and promptly got stomped like grapes.  But I'm sure the kids enjoyed getting beaten like a tied up goat while wearing black.  After all, it is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:16:19 pm
I enjoyed the year Georgia came charging out, worked into a frenzy over their badass, intimidating black jerseys...and promptly got stomped like grapes.  But I'm sure the kids enjoyed getting beaten like a tied up goat while wearing black.  After all, it is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous.

Petrino's idea.  Would have thought you loved them. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Yeah, the color of the uniforms affects the outcome.

Cinco de Hogo

Uniforms don't brother me much but a program isn't ALL about what student athletes want in their four short year either.  Tradition is very very important in college sports and you always need to remember that that is what the fans are supporting, not whatever new thang can be conceived.

#nomorewolfhowl

Marshfieldhog

Love the Anthracite look, nice for a different look sometimes. Just win!

HawgSZN

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 01:17:58 pm

Agreed, it is only a recruiting tool
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

SemperHawg

Quote from: hawganatic on January 10, 2018, 01:15:46 pm
Yes she is.  I'm going to have to start watching the Pig Trail...
I am going to go ahead and formally petition Lanny and the Hogville Leadership to make Tera Talmadge the mod for the Tavern.

HF#1

I don't care what they wear on gameday, just win.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

AirWarren

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 01:17:58 pm

It doesn't matter?  So why change?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 10, 2018, 01:17:56 pm
Petrino’s idea.  Would have thought you loved them. 

You would think incorrectly.

hawganatic

So is it your opinion that GA lost that game because of the black jerseys?  If not then why do you care?

Freebrd

"If a guy can run a hole through the wind and he likes anthracite then I like anthracite too." - Chad Morris.
A play on the adage "the end justifies the means", which I do NOT agree with.  Secondly, many other teams get players that 'can run a hole through the wind' and still be true to the school and its colors.  Finally, I don't understand ''run a hole through the wind'' because a slow, fat person could put a hold in the wind!!!

rzrbk4life

I don't mind it every now and then. Let the kids have some fun. It's hard to beat cardinal and white though
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ChicoHog

My first thought when I clicked the link is "Who is Tara Talmadge and where has she been"?  Looking forward to seeing more of her!  Pun intended. 

HogtoberFest

The tradition that the majority of fans care about is winning. If alternate jerseys bring in top recruits then most fans will be all for it.

RME

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 01:18:46 pm
Uniforms don't brother me much but a program isn't ALL about what student athletes want in their four short year either.  Tradition is very very important in college sports and you always need to remember that that is what the fans are supporting, not whatever new thang can be conceived.

#nomorewolfhowl

You mean the fans that come on here and bash players and coaches, question the "fandom" of other posters, and gripe about everything in the administration?

I'd rather cater to the student-athletes who put in the time, work, and effort than to please some fans. They could come out wearing rainbow uniforms and darn brown pants and I wouldn't care if they're winning games.

The_Iceman

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Athracite is cool, but the uniform with the chrome helmet was even better
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:24:55 pm
It doesn't matter?  So why change?

Because Nike provides a lot of money, duh.....

LZH

Kneph13

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 10, 2018, 01:28:57 pm
My first thought when I clicked the link is "Who is Tara Talmadge and where has she been"?  Looking forward to seeing more of her!  Pun intended.

Here's More of Her:
There is no Political Correctness in war

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rhames on January 10, 2018, 01:44:17 pm

I don't think that's the same girl.

It's not.  While the PTN Tara Talmadge is comely the girl in the blue jeans with her navel showing is not her.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 10, 2018, 01:36:40 pm
Athracite is cool, but the uniform with the chrome helmet was even better
This is the one I was referring too. That uni was NICE
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Kneph13

January 10, 2018, 02:09:57 pm #32 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:29:47 pm by Kneph13
Quote from: rhames on January 10, 2018, 01:44:17 pm

I don't think that's the same girl.

Sorry, but it is her,  deny all you want.  She posted it and several others of herself, I didn't just pull it out of my butt.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 10, 2018, 01:53:49 pm
This is the one I was referring too. That uni was NICE

Looked like Christmas tree ornaments. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 10, 2018, 02:10:33 pm
Looked like Christmas tree ornaments. 

And who doesn't like Christmas??

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 02:11:43 pm
And who doesn't like Christmas??

I can think of a ton of folks......Turn on CNN.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Arazorbackguy1

Haven't you heard, you aren't allowed to say things like this anymore.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

RockyMtnHog

She needs to be Arkansas's sideline reporter.  Oh, wait a minute then the coaches and players could not concentrate on football.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on January 10, 2018, 02:13:46 pm
I can think of a ton of folks......Turn on CNN.

How many are Arkansas football fans?

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 02:19:32 pm
How many are Arkansas football fans?

Who cares. Keep them out of the south.

LZH

Atlhogfan1

hobhog

Some of SMUs uniforms were BAD this year. Anthrite is for losers.

And no, it doesn't help recruiting.

Red and white are the schools colors.

And Get off my lawn!

TexasRazorback

+1 for the honesty haha

rhames

Quote from: Kneph13 on January 10, 2018, 02:09:57 pm
Sorry, but it is her,  deny all you want.  She posted it and several others of herself, I didn't just pull it out of my butt.

It's not her. They don't even look the same

You got the picture from a Google search.

That picture pops up to a Pinterest page. Maybe she liked the hairstyle or something but it's a completely different girl.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WaltonCollege

Let's work on our combo blocks and form tackling and then maybe we can worry about jersey colors

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 10, 2018, 01:30:28 pm
You mean the fans that come on here and bash players and coaches, question the "fandom" of other posters, and gripe about everything in the administration?

I'd rather cater to the student-athletes who put in the time, work, and effort than to please some fans. They could come out wearing rainbow uniforms and darn brown pants and I wouldn't care if they're winning games.

Yes I certainly do mean those exact same fans and without them you wouldn't be watching players in rainbow uniforms which is a statement I don't understand as related to Razorback sports.  Sounds to me you like to be a fan of the AD, Coach or Players more than you do the program.  Four year players are not the program.

RME

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 02:34:49 pm
Yes I certainly do mean those exact same fans and without them you wouldn't be watching players in rainbow uniforms which is a statement I don't understand as related to Razorback sports.  Sounds to me you like to be a fan of the AD, Coach or Players more than you do the program.  Four year players are not the program.

Welp, without coaches and players you wouldn't be watching anyone in any uniform.

Without those coaches and players dedicating their time and effort to the program, be it for four years or seven years, we wouldn't have a program so...yeah.

They kinda go hand in hand, no?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HawgSZN on January 10, 2018, 01:07:19 pm
I like CCM's outlook on it. It shows his adaptability to do what wins vs the stubbornness that the previous staff had.  Personally I love them. I wouldn't mind if they changed the chrome hog to a red hog. Hopefully we see the red chrome helmets more as well.

C'mon man.!?!? We had more uniform changes and special helmets under CBB than any other SEC school. The dude's record sucked bad enough that you don't have to make darn up...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.