Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rest of the staff?

Started by hawgwash, January 09, 2018, 02:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on January 09, 2018, 03:07:28 pm
Was there any truth to Trooper Taylor joining the staff?

We inquired to see his interest level...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawg Life

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 09, 2018, 06:57:31 pm

We inquired to see his interest level...

He would crawl to Arkansas to get back to The SEC. stAte is still Sunbelt.

RLWOLFEMAN

Tim Harris

It is a bold move to let Chavis go it alone on defense.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 06:54:42 pm
Are they also following Wyatt, Turner, and Price? I'd be very surprised if Scott is retained. He may be STC with some emphasis on a position, but not DL coach. Time will tell.

Well that's hard to say. Cooper was already following Price and Turner being at A&M and didn't start following Wyatt today. Smith was following Wyatt prior to today being at SMU makes sense. Didn't start following Price or Turner today. But did add Chavis, Caldwell, Cooper and Scott

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: RLWOLFEMAN on January 09, 2018, 06:59:54 pm
Someone fill this guys prescription stat.

sure

you're cool with no recruits visiting during a homegame basketball weekend in mid January

the unpreparedness - you like it

after leaving the fans who buy tickets hanging on the staff for three weeks

you like that too.

King Kong

Update. Chad Morris now following John Scott JR on Twitter in like the last hour.

Appears we have our 4th Defensive coach

ricepig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 07:12:44 pm
sure

you're cool with no recruits visiting during a homegame basketball weekend in mid January

the unpreparedness - you like it

after leaving the fans who buy tickets hanging on the staff for three weeks

you like that too.

We have home games the next two Saturdays when we have visitors....

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2018, 07:47:47 pm

am I supposed to post that Meat Loaf song now?

ricepig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 07:51:33 pm

Don't let your meat loaf.......

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: hawgwash on January 09, 2018, 02:19:56 pm
I don't want this to sound negative, I really don't, it's just a request for information.  Now that the coordinators are announced, when should we expect to hear the rest of the staff announced?  I thought CCM wanted to announce everyone at the same time, and that was the reason for waiting until now to announce the coordinators.  I think the offensive side is largely known, but there seems to be some slots on the defensive side of the ball that were still up in the air.

Now really, think about this.  In the big scheme of things, what does not knowing all of the staff really matter to us fans?  Are people starting to run out of fuel to post on HV as to who CCM shouldn't have hired (Chavis) or should have hired (Venables/Grinch/etc., etc., etc.)?  WHAT. DOES. IT. MATTER?

Patience, grasshopper.  CCM has a pretty good idea of what he's doing.  The future of the Hogs is so bright we'll have to wear shades to the games.   
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

PorkSoda

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on January 09, 2018, 07:52:40 pm
Now really, think about this.  In the big scheme of things, what does not knowing all of the staff really matter to us fans?  Are people starting to run out of fuel to post on HV as to who CCM shouldn't have hired (Chavis) or should have hired (Venables/Grinch/etc., etc., etc.)?  WHAT. DOES. IT. MATTER?

Patience, grasshopper.  CCM has a pretty good idea of what he's doing.  The future of the Hogs is so bright we'll have to wear shades to the games.   
of course it matters. how are we supposed to know who should be fired, if we don't know who he has hired.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawginj

Its going to be Caldwell, Scott, Cooper and looks like 10th coach is Skipper.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2018, 07:47:47 pm

You know better than to  bring facts to the discussion...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Stu

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hawginj on January 09, 2018, 07:54:10 pm
Its going to be Caldwell, Scott, Cooper and looks like 10th coach is Skipper.

If it's Scott then why are 2 of our current DL recruits now saying Bobby Allen is calling them not Scott?

Hawginj

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:11:51 pm
If it's Scott then why are 2 of our current DL recruits now saying Bobby Allen is calling them not Scott?
from everything I've read Scott is being retained there have also been DL recruits saying Scott was staying and have been talking to them this whole time so until its official it is what it is.

King Kong

(notOM)Rebel123

Relax....

ricepig

Which recruits are saying Allen, and when did they say this? Allen went with Morris to GA early in to see Mincey, but I don't know how much recruiting he's done since the early signing period.

Hawginj

Hawginj

Hawginj

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2018, 08:18:33 pm
Which recruits are saying Allen, and when did they say this? Allen went with Morris to GA early in to see Mincey, but I don't know how much recruiting he's done since the early signing period.

Rice.. I called Skipper before his name was mentioned on this board. I'm telling you Scott will not be retained as DL coach.

Hawginj

hawgjr

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:21:58 pm
Rice.. I called Skipper before his name was mentioned on this board. I'm telling you Scott will not be retained as DL coach.
Cooper just today started following Scott on his twitter account. Why would he do this if Scott was not going to be retained?

Hawginj

Scott is the one that got Gooden in touch with Chavis as well

Hawg Life

Quote from: LFC Hog on January 09, 2018, 08:30:06 pm
Cooper just today started following Scott on his twitter account. Why would he do this if Scott was not going to be retained?

NOT as DL coach...

RaisinHog

Dang sure says DL coach on that Instagram

Hawg Life

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 09, 2018, 08:35:26 pm
Dang sure says DL coach on that Instagram

Do you think he just created that page??? He was the DL coach.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:37:33 pm

I bet none of our other former coaches still have a title on there's

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hawginj on January 09, 2018, 08:32:17 pm
Scott is the one that got Gooden in touch with Chavis as well

Bobby Allen has also talked to Gooden. There are other options if we get Gooden that's because we struck out on at least 2 others.

RaisinHog

Never mind that stuff is from November

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:37:33 pm

Okay. We get it. Why don't you just calm down and sit tight and let it all play out? No need to continue to make your point over and over.

Hawg Life

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 09, 2018, 08:39:55 pm
I bet none of our other former coaches still have a title on there's

I'm not on The Twitter Police Department.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 02:39:20 pm
fans are the enemy

got it

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

I don't know of ANY HC who, for competitive reasons, tells fans everything. Why don't we just tweet out our game plans this fall for the fans while we're at it? Our opponents are way too nice to use that to gain a competitive edge, right?
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:40:35 pm
Bobby Allen has also talked to Gooden. There are other options if we get Gooden that's because we struck out on at least 2 others.

If that's how it shakes out, that's fine. Gooden is a beast who had offers from 'Bama and many other big time programs. He seems to really want to come here also.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rzrbk4life on January 09, 2018, 06:48:18 pm
Dare I say...uncommon. But seriously I'm excited about them as well. Our lack of success on that side won't be because of coaching
PLEASED DONT SAY
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawg Life

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 09, 2018, 08:45:57 pm
If that's how it shakes out, that's fine. Gooden is a beast who had offers from 'Bama and many other big time programs. He seems to really want to come here also.

I apologize. I meant to say if we end up with Scott we struck out with 2 other DL coaches.

Hawginj

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:40:35 pm
I'm not saying that Allen hasnt talked to recruits but all the reports state Scott has been communicating with them and its coming straight from the horses mouths

HogNTX

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:50:50 pm

I apologize. I meant to say if we end up with Scott we struck out with 2 other DL coaches.

Would Caldwell count as one we struck out on? I can't imagine him not returning with Chavis especially given the info out there and the recent shift away from his BSU branded stuff on twitter to his current profile on twitter.

rogersvillemohog

Does Scott get retained in an off the field position? Hmmm....
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hawginj on January 09, 2018, 08:51:18 pm
I'm not saying that Allen hasnt talked to recruits but all the reports state Scott has been communicating with them and its coming straight from the horses mouths

You're wrong, and that's ok. When I'm wrong I say I'm wrong, and you should probably do that to. Maybe, Scott had a few days off and Bobby Allen made the rounds for him. Apparently, you're a cheerleader for Scott. There's a very good chance he's not going to be @ Arkansas as DL coach I'll say I'm wrong. 2 others have to say no for Scott to be hired. I don't think Scott will be the DL Coach. The other 2 that have to say no are Turner & Wyatt. Maybe, Terry Price too.

Hawg Life

Quote from: HogNTX on January 09, 2018, 08:54:55 pm
Would Caldwell count as one we struck out on? I can't imagine him not returning with Chavis especially given the info out there and the recent shift away from his BSU branded stuff on twitter to his current profile on twitter.

Caldwell will coach DE's. He could coach the DL too.

Hawginj

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 08:59:42 pm
You're wrong, and that's ok. When I'm wrong I say I'm wrong, and you should probably do that to. Maybe, Scott had a few days off and Bobby Allen made the rounds for him. Apparently, you're a cheerleader for Scott. There's a very good chance he's not going to be @ Arkansas as DL coach I'll say I'm wrong. 2 others have to say no for Scott to be hired. I don't think Scott will be the DL Coach. The other 2 that have to say no are Turner & Wyatt. Maybe, Terry Price too.
maybe I am wrong maybe I'm not we will find out soon enough I could care less if its Scott or not. All I know is Scott has been getting recruits in touch with Chavis and has been seen with Chavis and Caldwell over the last few days. Others who do this for a living believe its Scott and I'll stick with it until proven otherwise.

Bash

Quote from: King Kong on January 09, 2018, 08:17:04 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbieVas

Tim Skipper is the 10th

Did this real estate agent represent the Malzahn's on their alleged purchase in Pinnacle Hill's by any chance?
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Bash

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 09, 2018, 07:51:33 pm

Maybe.  But not if it's that anything for love crap.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hawginj on January 09, 2018, 09:04:39 pm
maybe I am wrong maybe I'm not we will find out soon enough I could care less if its Scott or not. All I know is Scott has been getting recruits in touch with Chavis and has been seen with Chavis and Caldwell over the last few days. Others who do this for a living believe its Scott and I'll stick with it until proven otherwise.

Who that does this for a living says it's Scott? Did any of the tell you about Skipper on Saturday morning?

Hawginj

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 09, 2018, 09:14:46 pm
Who that does this for a living says it's Scott? Did any of the tell you about Skipper on Saturday Biddy and West and no heard nothing about Skipper before Saturday but to be fair hasn't been much info on the staff besides Chavis and Caldwell