Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tua Tagovailoa lifts Alabama to a 17th national title

Started by jbcarol, January 09, 2018, 05:47:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

True freshman quarterback Tua Tagovailoa lifts Alabama to national title in wild 26-23 overtime win over Georgia.

QuoteAlabama made the change at halftime.

After Jalen Hurts went just 3 of 8 for 21 yards during a first half that ended with Georgia leading 13-0, the Crimson Tide turned to Tua Tagovailoa.

He provided an immediate spark and led four second half scoring drives -- and it would have been five if not for Andy Pappanastos missing what would have been a game-winning field goal as time expired in the fourth quarter.

And then came overtime, when Tagovailoa delivered a throw that you'll see replays of for probably the rest of your life, a 41-yard game-winning scoring pass to fellow freshman Devonta Smith.

After giving up 333 yards and 20 first downs during the first three quarters, Alabama's defense stepped up late.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Great Game. Nick tied the Bear with total Number of Natties .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

311Hog

so many true freshman in that game.  God if Saban retired today it would take at least 5 years for the talent level to run out.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 11:35:05 am
so many true freshman in that game.  God if Saban retired today it would take at least 5 years for the talent level to run out.

if only we could get half the talent of those teams.. I think Bama is about to be unstoppable with Tua at qb. He didnt act like a true Freshman last night.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 11:38:37 am
if only we could get half the talent of those teams.. I think Bama is about to be unstoppable with Tua at qb. He didnt act like a true Freshman last night.

yeah it is plug and play.  I mean the guy is a lefty to that is crazy.  Their 3rd string would start for us.

Pig in the Pokey

they claim 17th title instead of the (actual) 9th LMFAO.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HighcountryHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 02:11:45 pm
they claim 17th title instead of the (actual) 9th LMFAO.

17 or 9, it still puts Arkansas to shame.  Better coaches, better players, better staff, better results.  Their freshmen look like veterans, while our fifth year seniors look like freshmen.
no bumps, no fat chicks