Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't know what to say

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 08, 2018, 07:16:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

How did you do that? The keyboard I use for Hogville only has 1 sentence on it: "Mike's teams are terrible on the road always no exceptions."
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hawgball40

its never as good or as bad as it seems with mike. His main problem is not recruiting enough high caliber players.

3of5-2

Nice that you left the NC year and the runner up year. Once you get to that level, anything less than 1 win or more at least every other year in the NCAAT is unacceptable. Thus, the reason why all but MA were let go.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 08, 2018, 07:41:45 pm
Nice that you left the NC year and the runner up year. Once you get to that level, anything less than 1 win or more at least every other year in the NCAAT is unacceptable. Thus, the reason why all but MA were let go.
does it not say the last *25 years. Since then MA has the only two winning road records.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

3of5-2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 08, 2018, 07:44:03 pm
does it not say the last *25 years. Since then MA has the only two winning road records.
Nope, 22

BannerMountainMan

hobhog

Means we have sucked on the road. All those coaches except MA were fired I believe after posting those road records....

3kgthog

Kinda dumb to use this comparison when Nolan won a freaking championship and Stan and Pel both did as well as MA has in the NCAAT as head Hog.

Mike having a higher road winning percentage means about as much as Bielema being the only Hog coach to win back to back bowls.

Kevin

League was a lot tougher during nolan's time
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Nickle-Pig

thanks for posting ......very interesting
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

CDBHawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 08, 2018, 07:40:38 pm
its never as good or as bad as it seems with mike. His main problem is not recruiting enough high caliber players.

I'd say signing them. We recruit them plenty.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 09, 2018, 07:01:56 am
I'd say signing them. We recruit them plenty.
things are a changing, the playing field is leveling out hopefully once the NCAA mans up

CPO Hog

OP, look at all your data.
Over the last 22 seasons the hogs have had seven 1 or less conference road win seasons.
CMA owns 3 of them (43%).

Disclaimer: CMA is meeting my expectation. His teams are Hot & Cold and frustrating to watch sometimes. I believe that when hitting on all cylinders a CMA team can make a deep run in the NCAAT.

CDBHawg

Quote from: CPO Hog on January 09, 2018, 07:46:29 am
Over the last 22 seasons the hogs have had seven 1 or less conference road win seasons.

Disclaimer: CMA is meeting my expectation. His teams are Hot & Cold and frustrating to watch sometimes. I believe that when hitting on all cylinders a CMA team can make a deep run in the NCAAT.

I'm only seeing two.

CMA - 2, his first two seasons.
Pelphrey - 1
Heath - 3
Nolan - 1

The_Iceman

Doesn't Mike have like the 3rd best road record in the SEC over the last 3 seasons?

The_Iceman

Quote from: CPO Hog on January 09, 2018, 07:46:29 am

They may have made those deep runs if not for North Carolina. If we would have had South Carolina's draw last year, we might have made it past the Sweet 16 as well.

A lot of tournament runs require luck in the selection process. Mike has had very bad luck in that.

Fan701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 08, 2018, 07:16:50 pm
LOLOLOL
Your problem is that you're trying to use reason and statistics with people who hate based on reasons that have little to do with MA's on-court performance, which anyone can see has been pretty good, and definitely the best at UA since the mid-90's.  There's really nothing you can say, no evidence you can present, no matter how persuasive, that will change the mind of one of these people.

CPO Hog

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 09, 2018, 10:15:56 am
I'm only seeing two.

CMA - 2, his first two seasons.
Pelphrey - 1
Heath - 3
Nolan - 1
0-2 so far this season, probably shouldn't count that one.

hogwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 08, 2018, 07:16:50 pm
LOLOLOL

Mike is the only one to have a winning season on the road, and he has 2. I would bet he makes it 3 this year.

We are 15-12 in SEC the last 3 seasons. Probably one of the best in the SEC in that span, which reflects the trend of our program under Mike.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogwood on January 09, 2018, 12:45:47 pm

We are 15-12 in SEC the last 3 seasons. Probably one of the best in the SEC in that span, which reflects the trend of our program under Mike.

I think we are 3rd best...

popcornhog

WPS

TebowHater

Conveniently omitted:

1994-95: Road: 7-3
1993-94: Road: 7-2
1992-93: Road: 7-5
1991-92: Road: 8-4
1990-91: Road: 10-1
1989-90: Road: 8-3

On the whole, Nolan's road record is nearly double that of MA's. MA has done a decent job relative to our last three coaches. Comparing him to Nolan (and trying to act like he is better) is a joke.

Yes, I read the last 22 years. That is not the point that is made, however, when you start breaking down coaches by their record - 3 of them have all their games are included, one who does not.

EastexHawg

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 08, 2018, 07:44:03 pm

Yes, and the other three guys were fired.

hogwood

Quote from: TebowHater on January 09, 2018, 06:49:32 pm
Conveniently omitted:

1994-95: Road: 7-3
1993-94: Road: 7-2
1992-93: Road: 7-5
1991-92: Road: 8-4
1990-91: Road: 10-1
1989-90: Road: 8-3

On the whole, Nolan's road record is nearly double that of MA's. MA has done a decent job relative to our last three coaches. Comparing him to Nolan (and trying to act like he is better) is a joke.

Yes, I read the last 20 years. That is not the point that is made, however, when you start breaking down coaches by their record - 3 of them have all their games are included, one who does not.

The point that is made is that CMA has the best road record of the last 20 years.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Fan701 on January 09, 2018, 10:57:30 am

Your problem is that you're trying to use reason and statistics with people who hate based on reasons that have little to do with MA's on-court performance, which anyone can see has been pretty good, and definitely the best at UA since the mid-90's.  There's really nothing you can say, no evidence you can present, no matter how persuasive, that will change the mind of one of these people.

This is very true.  I need to learn how to ignore them.  Hogville used to have a feature where you could ignore posters and not see their posts, is it still there?

hawgball40

Quote from: Fan701 on January 09, 2018, 10:57:30 am

Yeah, what you're insinuating here isn't even remotely true. No one is hating based upon race like you no doubt implied with your trollish little post. The detractors are frustrated because he hasn't built us into a contender yet and, many have valid questions as to if he ever will, and alot of them have made up their mind that he won't. Like it or not, Mike hasn't delivered on what he's promised. Will he? remains to be seen? Is it time to fire him? Not quite. But make no mistake, if he doesn't start producing he'll hit the road sooner rather than later. Just the way it is.

zorbacks06

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 09, 2018, 12:06:29 am
Kinda dumb to use this comparison when Nolan won a freaking championship and Stan and Pel both did as well as MA has in the NCAAT as head Hog.

Mike having a higher road winning percentage means about as much as Bielema being the only Hog coach to win back to back bowls.

Heath, Pelfrey or Anderson? I'd much rather have MA. Not sure anyone willing to coach here could do any better.