Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#23 in latest power rankings

Started by hawgball40, January 08, 2018, 08:24:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgball40

Why? Every team in the top 10 lost atleast one game this past week except for #4 villanova, which moves up to number 1. The hogs are still alive for now. I'm pissed about the two pathetic losses this past week, but only thing the team can do is regroup and move forward. Also, has anyone heard about Cook's injury? I hope its not serious. I feel like he was close to earning major minutes.

Fan701

January 08, 2018, 08:42:02 am #1 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:02:08 am by Fan701
Quote from: hawgball40 on January 08, 2018, 08:24:39 am
Why? Every team in the top 10 lost atleast one game this past week except for #4 villanova, which moves up to number 1. The hogs are still alive for now. I'm pissed about the two pathetic losses this past week, but only thing the team can do is regroup and move forward. Also, has anyone heard about Cook's injury? I hope its not serious. I feel like he was close to earning major minutes.
Yes, Cook looked good before getting hurt.  What a shame if it's a bad injury.  I think it's a sprained ankle, but not sure. 4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocked shots in just 10 minutes, and was playing tough defense, too.

popcornhog

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 08, 2018, 08:24:39 am

Do you think 23 is too high or too low?

To me, it's about where we should be, although I doubt we'll be in the top 25 AP/Coaches.
WPS

hawgball40

Quote from: popcornhog on January 08, 2018, 09:01:20 am
Do you think 23 is too high or too low?

To me, it's about where we should be, although I doubt we'll be in the top 25 AP/Coaches.
We are not a top 25 caliber team, but we are a good team with real flaws. I mean i didn't think we'd be more than a bubble team coming into the season. Then we looked extremely good early on and people's expectations went through the roof. Now we are seeing what this team looks like vs tight defense and when guys are cold, and boy it aint pretty. A big part of our problem is a lack of high level d1 talent. When macon and barford are hot and gafford stays out of foul trouble, we can beat anyone in the country. Other than that, its either gonna be a dogfight or a blowout loss.

beachhog

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 08, 2018, 02:43:23 pm
We are not a top 25 caliber team, but we are a good team with real flaws. I mean i didn't think we'd be more than a bubble team coming into the season. Then we looked extremely good early on and people's expectations went through the roof. Now we are seeing what this team looks like vs tight defense and when guys are cold, and boy it aint pretty. A big part of our problem is a lack of high level d1 talent. When macon and barford are hot and gafford stays out of foul trouble, we can beat anyone in the country. Other than that, its either gonna be a dogfight or a blowout loss.
Good post. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 08, 2018, 02:43:23 pm

If our best players are playing really good, we can beat anyone in the country!! We're not a top 25 team though... makes perfect sense.

hawgball40

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 08, 2018, 08:04:12 pm
If our best players are playing really good, we can beat anyone in the country!! We're not a top 25 team though... makes perfect sense.
i'm sensing that you read my post and got a little bit triggered. thats ok. go back and reread it and try to glean what is being said, and those two statements which you've taken out of context will then make perfect sense. thanks.