Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm so confused..

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 06, 2018, 08:36:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

All year long everybody was talking about how great we are and how this team will go far...two games later people are calling off everything and kicking the NCAA tournament to the curb..what happened? Did we lose 2-3 players to injury? Did we get a new coach? Any updates on this team? Something must of changed the last few weeks? I am watching A poor NC State team whoop Duke at home because it's really hard to win on the road anywhere. I'm just wondering what happened to these posters because I don't know how you can go from really good to mediocre in 2 games, it just doesn't happen.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Cale

I think for a lot of people we see the talent on this team and how dominating we've been against teams in p5 and not. And that we turned that curve of mike's teams traditionally having trouble on the road for one reason or another to learn that we in fact didn't.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Like it is

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 08:36:04 pm
All year long everybody was talking about how great we are and how this team will go far...two games later people are calling off everything and kicking the NCAA tournament to the curb..what happened? Did we lose 2-3 players to injury? Did we get a new coach? Any updates on this team? Something must of changed the last few weeks? I am watching A poor NC State team whoop Duke at home because it's really hard to win on the road anywhere. I'm just wondering what happened to this team because I don't know how you can go from really good to mediocre in 2 games, it just doesn't happen.

Nope, same coach unfortunately.

3of5-2

I thought this thread was about BrokebackMountainMan being confused.

hogfanny

It all comes down to gambling. These game have to be unpredictable. You can't have the best players win every time,nor the best coaches win every time. Not even the home team wins every time. If you are not a gambler you will be upset a lot. I would tell you how unpredictability is injected into the equation but I will leave that to your imagination.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 08:36:04 pm
All year long everybody was talking about how great we are and how this team will go far...two games later people are calling off everything and kicking the NCAA tournament to the curb..what happened? Did we lose 2-3 players to injury? Did we get a new coach? Any updates on this team? Something must of changed the last few weeks? I am watching A poor NC State team whoop Duke at home because it's really hard to win on the road anywhere. I'm just wondering what happened to these posters because I don't know how you can go from really good to mediocre in 2 games, it just doesn't happen.

Hogville happened. It's a ditch to ditch operation here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Adam Stokes

Hogville always thinks we are better than we are when we are doing good and worse than we are when we are bad. We are still the 11-7 in conference, #7-seed tourney team that I predicted coming into the year. We'll win our next two games and there should be more of a calm. We probably won't ever be "this bad" for the rest of the year, and we will never be "as good" as we were when we beat Tennessee. Thank goodness, I don't want to have to deal with any more days like yesterday on Hogville.