Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Julian Griffin

Started by stahawg, January 06, 2018, 03:23:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stahawg

New Offensive Quality Control Coach! WPS!

ricepig

https://twitter.com/Coach_Griffin_/status/949707216621391872

Thank you to all my former players I have been able to coach and all my coaches I played for and worked with over the years! I hope you all understand the impact you had in my life. Let's gooooo #WPS University of Arkansas #bEASTTexas Always and Forever https://t.co/QOq6Cbgvbq

flagstaffhog

Not familiar with that name...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

colbs

It seems they are hiring a lot of quality assistants, which is good.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: colbs on January 06, 2018, 03:35:51 pm
It seems they are hiring a lot of quality assistants, which is good.

I like also.  Get lots of eyes on these kids in the spring because some may need to find a new spot.

WaltonCollege

Trying lookin this guy up but didn't find anything? Anyone know about him?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Seems like CCM is working of fixing the D.

Boarcephus

Guess I'll be that guy but, what the hell is an Offensive Quality Control Coach?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 06, 2018, 04:13:31 pm
Guess I'll be that guy but, what the hell is an Offensive Quality Control Coach?

Cuts the crust off the halftime jelly sandwiches.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 06, 2018, 04:18:56 pm
I was hoping I'd learn something new today and just did!  Appreciate it. 

We have analysts and quality control coaches. Ours are young pups and Saban's are fired head coaches.

jst01

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 04:20:43 pm
We have analysts and quality control coaches. Ours are young pups and Saban's are fired head coaches.

Guess which group is hungrier to prove themselves?

JusJim

I have no idea who he is either, but here is his twitter.  https://twitter.com/Coach_Griffin_

ricepig

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 04:30:19 pm

Saban's, because they know they'll be hired off his staff for a mid 6 figure job at  the minimum.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 04:36:11 pm
Saban's, because they know they'll be hired off his staff for a mid 6 figure job at  the minimum.

So will Saban hire Bert?

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 06, 2018, 04:44:26 pm
So will Saban hire Bert?

I highly doubt it. I think Saban picks up guys without huge buyouts.....

HogHomer

Arkansas for whatever reason has never tried to pay for overqualified Quality Control coaches.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Rudy Baylor

we had Wally Burnham and Morris Watts this past year

two excellent old heads

Coach Obvious

Yeah, without Burnham and Watts, we likely wouldn't have won a game this past season.  Wonder what their buyouts were.

The only logical way Saban could make more money than being HC at BAMA would be to go into consulting just teaching all the other schools how to circumvent the NCAA rules and better your teams chances.  He could work 24/7/365 doing that if he dared.  Every time rules changed, he could find a legal way around or through them and here we go again. 

TX HOG

Our staff is East Texas strong

pigmania

Thank God for Twitter. Leave it to CCM and we would never know who his staff was until the first game.

Pissed Pig

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 04:30:19 pm
The ones in the national title game.

BOAR_N2BWILD

is he the dude from Family Guy?
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

GoHogs1091

Quote from: 12247 on January 06, 2018, 05:37:22 pm
The only logical way Saban could make more money than being HC at BAMA would be to go into consulting just teaching all the other schools how to circumvent the NCAA rules and better your teams chances.  He could work 24/7/365 doing that if he dared.  Every time rules changed, he could find a legal way around or through them and here we go again. 

It helps Saban that he is real good friends with Mark Emmert, the President of the NCAA.

Saban is also benefitting from the Alabama football tradition that was created by an Arkansan from Fordyce, Paul W. Bryant.

This current Alabama football "dynasty" has had some not normal factors that has helped create this dynasty.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 06, 2018, 04:44:26 pm
So will Saban hire Bert?
no. he is a tainted man. real men dont fart at a table of grown ass men smh
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Jimbob111

Bielema has several ex-head coaches on staff and we see how that worked out. Enos and Rhodes and Shannon come to mind.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

wildhogman

Quote from: Jimbob111 on January 06, 2018, 10:33:19 pm
Bielema has several ex-head coaches on staff and we see how that worked out. Enos and Rhodes and Shannon come to mind.
and everyone of them already has a new job. some at damn good schools. Sometimes generals just cant get out of the way of the real fighting men

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 04:46:03 pm
I highly doubt it. I think Saban picks up guys without huge buyouts.....

That should make it easier then.  Just means less money out of saban's budget. How do you think ASUj hired John Brady??  They could pay him beans since LSU was paying him nicely.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

RedyorNot

robmc1883

Looks like he was on the ULM team that beat us under JLS.  SMILE!!!!!!!!