Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri hired Derek Dooley as OC

Started by Snout team, January 05, 2018, 05:53:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Cheers to Mizzou for setting the bar low.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 05, 2018, 05:57:20 pm
Cheers to Mizzou for setting the bar low.

Hopefully we won't trip over them again.
Retired Radio Host

HOGINTENNESSEE

jackflash

Derek suppose to be a great recruiter

King Kong

Tigaman

Pig in the Pokey

Barry Odom was very insecure with Heupel on the staff. he is a pu**y and now he hires Dooley LMAO!! Man, that is rich. What a terrible hire.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

mizzouman

Not happy with the hire. Could have had Canada. But Odom doesn't give a damn about anyone outside the program and what anyone else thinks. He will sink or swim making his own decisions. Let's see how this turns out.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tigaman on January 05, 2018, 07:08:26 pm
Or coached or played QB.

So does that mean if a Defensive coach has never coached or played linebacker they can't be a good DC? Maybe Dooley isn't a good coach but a LOT of coaches have won NC's and never coached or played QB. Is it an important position, yes. Is it the only position that matters to the point a coach has to have coached it, no.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

While I was caught off guard by the hire, I am optimistic. Supposedly as a HC he was heavily involved with the playbook for the OC. While his defenses sucked as a HC, the offenses put up some points.